[DND] [M] When Moonlight Strikes The Ocean
Rowan

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Specifically, this thread is marked mature because of: .

OOC: Hello love. <3 Takes place at Luminescent Lagoon just at nightfall. ^^ Some PP in here, hope that's okay. WC: 765

IC: The days seemed to be passing like leaves on the wind. Slowly but surely Kaio found herself more and more at home within Cercatori d'Arte. She'd come to find that her pack mates were all very open and kind and most definitely welcoming and willing to show her the ropes. But even so, the island girl felt still shy and uncertain about many things in her new life. It was hard for her to reach out and socialize with others unless they approached her first. And of course then there was the issue of getting up the courage to simply ask for help. Growing up with such a tragic past as she did, Kaiolohia was very naive in her ways, and only time could help her overcome her setbacks. The biggest confusion in her life however came about whenever she was around a certain wolf in the pack. Rowan Foxleigh. The charming young male was her most constant company and the two of them often shared many pleasant moments. He could make her laugh and smile like nobody else and he was just so sweet, so kind and gentle. It was a whole new experience for Kaio to have someone treat her like she was the most precious thing that walked the earth. Of course, she herself did not think of her that way, but she knew that Rowan did feel protective of her. She had a feeling he would do just about anything for her and that was something the young femme was unused to.

If she was honest with herself, Kaio knew she also felt very fond of and close to Rowan as he was to her. The constant reminder of how well they got along was the neverending flutter in her stomach whenever she thought of him or when his paw happened to brush hers as they went along. Kaiolohia ducked her head slightly as a tender smile graced her Hawaiian face as she slowly padded through the trees, Rowan close beside her. She hoped the male didn't catch the shy glance she cast in his direction as they made their way towards a hidden lagoon within the pack lands. Heat rose upon her cheeks at her thoughts of him and she flicked her tail feeling embarrassed. The two of them had visited the lagoon a few times before and Kaio was beginning to think it was becoming their favorite hang out. So far they'd really only just walked along the water's edge talking or tried to find interesting shells or sea life along the shoreline. But this time it was different. It felt more special. Instead of visiting during the day, it was now gradually growing darker as night cloaked the lands and crickets began to raise their voices in the grasses around them. The moon was beginning to crest over the horizon and Kaiolohia turned her teal gaze skyward as she and Rowan headed towards the sound of the lapping waters ahead.

As they cleared the trees, Kaiolohia smiled and faced her companion with a small happy wag of her tail. "I hope we won't get lost in the dark." She giggled and started forward out onto the pebble-sand beach around the lagoon. Not too far away a rocky alcove and cave cast in deep shadow loomed in the night. The young woman faintly wondered if the next time they visited the lagoon they'd actually get to see what was inside its depths. A gentle murr rose in Kaio's throat as she made her way to the water's edge. Bending at the knee, she scooped up some of the ocean water and some of the soft sand in her paw, enjoying the feeling of the beach trickling through her fingers. With a soft sigh, she stood again and faced her friend. "It's so different out here at night... Still just as beautiful though." She commented, looking around with a shy smile. Her ears then perked a little. "So what're we gonna do now that we're here?" She asked softly, her eyes once again catching on the glow of the moon above for a second then on Rowan's mesmerizing golden eyes before looking away. "Wanna watch for shooting stars?" She grinned, a hopeful look in her eyes. "I bet we'll see some out here!" She said before taking a few quick paces down the beach to a mostly sandy, not so pebbled stretch and took a seat, curling her tail and patting the spot beside her for the male to join her. "Join me?" She asked quietly and smiled innocently up at him.

Sig and Table by: Me
[html]
OOC://

Rowan was really enjoying the atmosphere tonight. The moon over the forest and lagoon was making him feel alive with energy. he always felt more awake and in tune with everything at night. His paw brushed the female's that accompanied him and he smiled. He thought about it for maybe half of a second before he reached to take her paw in his. He was growing very attached to Kaio and he had decided that tonight he would finally talk to her, and tell her how he truly felt for the beautiful shepherd. As they both moved toward the beach and the water, Kaio mentioned not getting lost in the dark and he smiled at that."I hope we do. I have wonderful company to get lost with." He followed her to the beach and gazed out at the lagoon. Watching the water lap at the beach, he smiled at Kaio's next words and her invitation to watch for shooting stars in the sky. "I would love to Kaio." He said as he sat next to her on the sand.

Smiling wider as he looked up at the sky, he reached for her paw again, murring softly. "Kaio... I'm glad to be out here on such a beautiful night with an even more beautiful girl. I want to tell you Kaio. I've been having the best time of my life with you lately. As I've been with you I've found this beautiful, kind delicate yet strong soul within you that lights up my life whenever I'm around you. Having you here right now, in this place, under the moon and the stars that fly through the night sky, I could not be happier if I was with anyone else, anywhere else."

He blushed invisibly and folded his ears as I looked down for a moment and then met her eyes to the best of his ability in the darkness. "Kaio, I'll falling for you. I've found this flower blown into my life by a passing breeze, and as I looked at it I found it to be the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on."
coding and image by westy
[/html]
WC: 595

Sitting on the warm sand, Kaio felt very relaxed and content. Her tail tip gently flicked back and forth and she played absently with a piece of driftwood with one paw off to her side. Teal eyes gazed skyward watching the night sky darken until countless stars appeared and twinkled like diamonds upon a black canvas overhead. Sighing contently, she smiled and turned her eyes to Rowan's as she felt his paw slide over hers. Her ears flicked backwards shyly as she gently squeezed his paw warmly, listening as he spoke. The more words that flowed poetically from his mouth, the more Kaio felt heat rising in her cheeks and ears. Her heart swelled with passion and tender love for the male and suddenly she found herself with the desire to be as close to him as possible. The light breeze that came off the water gently caressed through her fur and played with her hair. The rising moon on the horizon cast her in a soft almost ethereal glow and although she herself couldn't see what Rowan did she felt the truth and love behind his confession.

Kaiolohia's gaze dropped down the sand between them and their entwined paws as he concluded his words. There was a moment of timid silence where Kaio found her voice had seemingly been carried away on the breeze before she responded, not able to meet Rowan's beautiful golden eyes as she did. "Oh Rowan..." She whispered, her voice almost choked up with emotion. "I...I don't know what to say..." She said, her voice soft and shy. She fell quiet again, trying to figure out how best to tell him that she felt the same way about him. He'd done so much to change her life in the few months they'd known each other. He was the most precious thing in the world to her and she knew she had fallen for him just as surely as he had her, but for some reason she felt her breath stolen away, her mind unable to form the words she wanted, no, needed him to hear. Swallowing the nervousness she felt, fighting back tears of happiness she started to speak again, but paused, her face scrunching up a little in frustration and thought. her long hair had now fallen in a silky curtain across the side of her face, obscuring her expression from view. Then at last, she found her voice. "I feel the same way about you Rowan..." She spoke quietly and with tenderness, glancing up at him, but still not meeting his eyes fully."I can't even begin to describe just how happy you make me, how much you mean to me..." She gave a soft whine, wishing she could be as good with words as he was. Her tail curled shyly closer to her side. "Rowan...I..." She trailed off, slowly raising her head, eyes meeting his finally, bright but with hesitance and also a small hopeful and desperate spark. She knew what she wanted to do, but she didn't seem to have the ability to move at that moment. She felt lost in his eyes, her breath caught in her chest. Subconsciously she was aware of her racing heart and that she was now leaned in slightly closer to him, she could feel his pelt mingled with hers. A moment in which it felt like time had stopped, Kaiolohia gazed into the eyes of the wolf she knew she loved, scared, but wanting to show him just how much she loved him, not exactly sure what was stopping her.

[html]

Rowan listened, and watched Kaio with his heart in his throat. The flower she always wore at her ear seemed to glow in the moonlight as he tried to take in every detail of her in this moment. He watched the gentle sea breeze blow through her fur and hair, blowing it just ever so slightly around her and causing gently ripples along her body. He could feel his blood responding in his face and ears as he watched her and listened to her words. She stopped before saying the three words he most desired to hear. To hear her return his feelings so much was more than he had truly dared hope for. As she hesitated, looking up at him in the darkness, he placed a finger under her chin, lifting her head just a little bit more to make the next part easier. Meeting her eyes, he swallowed the lump in his throat and whispered softly and slowly to her, "I love you Kaiolohia." He leaned forward, gently pressing his lips to hers. He kissed her softly so he wouldn't spook her, but tried to imbue the simple contact with the love and affection he had come to have for her. He gripped her paw gently in his other and the paw at her chin slowly slid around to cup the back of her neck. He slid himself closer to her, wanting to feel her presence more, but stopped before his body came into contact with hers. He knew that if he rushed, or made the wrong move it would scare her, even if she did want to be there with him. Even if she wanted to take things farther as he did. He would control himself. He loved her, and he knew there would be time and opportunity aplenty, but he did need to know a thing or two before they took those opportunities.
[/html]
[html]

OOC — These two are just too damn cute. <333 Sorry for the crappy post.

A tight knot formed in Kaiolohia's chest as she hesitated saying the three words. She knew without a doubt she loved Rowan, so why was it so hard to just tell him? Perhaps it was because of the fact that those simple words were so over used, or maybe they just wouldn't mean enough. Whatever it was, the Hawaiian woman couldn't let the the words flow from her lips. As Rowan tipped up her head to meet her eyes, Kaio folded her ears and her eyes became glistened with tears. A tiny smile found its way onto her maw and as the male before her spoke those soft tender words, she knew that her fears were for nothing. If Rowan could say them, there was no reason she couldn't. No reason she shouldn't. Choking back an emotional sob, Kaio whispered back to the golden eyes male. ...I love you too Rowan...so much... Their muzzle met then in a tender, passionate kiss. A few tears escaped the Island girl and rolled silently down her cheeks as she leaned into Rowan's affection, unsure of how to proceed but knowing what her body was telling her she wanted. She was scared of all the new feelings Rowan brought to her, but at the same time she felt at peace with them.

Closing her eyes, Kaiolohia lost herself in the moment and slowly brought her arms around his neck. She didn't know when it happened but at one point she practically crawled into his lap. She pressed her body to his, not in a hungry way, but just enough to maintain close contact. The movements happened very gradually but soon she found herself practically wrapped around the wolf, kissing him eagerly and lovingly, her tears flowing freely now but not from fear but more from the intensity of which she felt love for him. She trembled lightly in his arms, still uncertain of herself but trying to let her instincts guide her. She'd never been this close to anyone before. Not willingly. She was scared of being hurt or of doing something wrong. She knew though that if there was anyone who would be slow and understanding and take the time she needed to adjust, it was Rowan. He did not know of her entire past, all he knew was she was very shy and scared. She vowed in that moment that she would have to tell him what she'd been through. He needed to know. Her heart swelled with warmth and a desperate longing to share everything with him, but with her past haunting her, she wasn't sure if she could share everything in that way, at least not yet. Pulling back slowly, breaking the kiss, Kaio came back to her senses. She remembered where she was now. Looking down she realized she was in Rowan's lap now, the water nearby gently rolling in onto the sand, the moon illuminating each wave. A look of embarrassment t and shock crossed her face as she looked around. She hadn't even realized she'd moved. While kissing Rowan she felt as if she was in a dream, floating and calm. Now as reality came rushing back to her, Kaio ducked her head again and gave a small, quiet laugh. Sheepishly she met the male's eyes again through her lashes, tail curling closer to her body again, fingertips gently running along the fur at the back of Rowan's neck. I...I've never done this before... She murmured and sighed, a frown slowly coming to her maw. Glancing back towards the sea, Kaio noticed the water seemed to be sparkling electric blue now. This distracted her just a moment, her brow scrunching in question before she shook her head and to clear it. She could investigate the glow later. Looking back at Rowan she took a steadying breath. Rowan. I need to tell you something... She started with a soft whine. She owed it to him to tell him why she was the way she was. She needed to be sure that he knew she would need time before they could move much farther forward even though deep down the woman knew she craved so much more with the male. Kaio refused to believe that Rowan would ever hurt her like those men had, but she was so fragile when it came to the subject....she had to be absolutely certain. She loved Rowan, and if their love was to grow, she needed him to know her past so that her future could be brighter.

<style>
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB {background-image: url('http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p609/Espreiwuff/Souls%20Pics/KaioStarfishtab_zpscfca768c.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:332px; width:450px; border:1px solid #ffffff; background-color:#edefe7; margin:0 auto;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .inner {width:95%; margin:0 auto; background-image:url('http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png'); border:2px; color:#eec2a3; margin-bottom:4%;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .ooc strong.words { font-style:normal;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .ooc strong.words:before { content: '['; }
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .ooc strong.words:after { content: ']'; }
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .ooc p {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f3e9cb; text-indent:0px; border-bottom:1px dashed;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB .ooc p:last-child { padding-bottom:0; }
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB p {font-family: georgia; font-size:13px; color:#e4c687; padding:0px 10px 1px; line-height:20px; text-indent:10%; text-align:justify;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB b {color:#d99e58;}
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB b:before { content:open-quote; }
.KAIOSTARFISHTAB b:after { content:close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Coding by Nat, changes by Westy.

[html]

Rowan held the Shepherd girl close to him as she slid into his lap, a sound of contentment rising from his chest even as she broke the kiss between them. He kept her close even as she did, and his arms crossed behind her back, holding her to him, but not constrictively. Smiling, he looked in the same direction she did out towards the water. The moonlight was beautiful reflecting off the waves, and he hadn't known that it could make such a ethereal color on the water. She turned back to him, speaking to him softly, murmuring that there was something she needed to tell him. He leaned forward and licked her cheek softly as he whispered in her ear. "I'm listening Kaio. I'll listen as long as you need." Smiling he leaned back again, looking into the eyes he found so beautiful. He was very happy to be where he was with her. And he knew that she had her secrets, knowing next to nothing of her past. He knew she had her reasons for being the way she was, though he only found it endearing, and hoped that she would share them, or at least some of them, with him now.
[/html]
Kaio's eyes dropped downwards again as she folded her ears and gave a heavy sigh as Rowan spoke. The sound was unusual for the girl, sounding heavy and sad as if she carried a huge burden. In truth she did. Her past wasn't pretty, her past was traumatizing and it was very difficult for her to share with others. With a small shiver, the island girl leaned closer into Rowan's protective embrace and began to reveal her story to him. Teal eyes became unfocused, far away and her breathing became slightly faster as her soft voice began to divulge the horrors she'd been thorough. "Rowan...I love you. I love you so much, and I want to share everything with you..." She glanced up into his gentle face momentarily meeting his golden eyes. "Everything Rowan. My mind, my soul...my body." She whispered and swallowed nervously then looked away again. "But...I'm scared. I...I've been...through a lot. I don't know if I can open enough to let someone in, no matter how much my heart tells me I can..." She sniffled softly, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. "When I was really little, I was taken from my parent's and sold. A cruel man became my...my master. And he...he did some horrible things..." She gave another trembling shiver and took a steadying breath, reaching for one of Rowan's paws behind her and positioning it flat along the curve of her back and slowly, very slowly running it down it's length through her soft fur. Applying some pressure to his paw within hers, she was able to get his fingertips deep enough through her thick pelt to feel the thin, but defined scars that laced her back in a criss-cross pattern.

A single tear rolled down her cheek as she guided his paw, her eyes not meeting his. "He beat me, he whipped me. He...r-raped me." She said and the emotions spilled over in a wracking sob. "His buddies and him always came into my room late at night, drunk and stupid and th-they made me do things for them...I didn't want to Rowan! I was so scared, it hurt so bad!" Kaiolohia sobbed, her body tense but she dropped her face into his neck as she cried. Her voice became thick and choked. "I was his for so long, I don't know if I'll ever be able to...to get over it." She whimpered and shook her head, flashes of vivid memories passing behind her eyes causing her to shake almost violently in the male's arms. "I'm s-s-sorry Rowan...I'm no good, I'm so b-broken and used...you deserve better than me. I c-c-can't bring you the things you want...I'm nothing, I'm just so fucked up!" She practically wailed through her tears but despite all her words, despite how her heart broke to say them, she couldn't let go of her hold on Rowan. Instead she leaned further into him so their fronts were pressed together and she hugged him desperately, sobbing into his neck, body heaving with her gasps for breath and the intensity of her hurt. Deep down Kaio knew that Rowan was nothing like the men who had harmed her, but her trauma instilled so much fear in her, she worried she'd never be able to be everything Rowan wanted, needed, deserved. How could he love her if she was so messed up? She'd accepted the fact that she was tainted and she'd probably never find someone who'd want her the way she was a long time ago. But here was this beautiful soul, this amazing boy who told her otherwise and she believed him, which was why she fought so hard against her fears and her thoughts. She wanted things to be different. She wanted that second chance that she knew Rowan could give her.