[INFO][BUG] special/accented character accounts can't log in
I need to update søren's wiki page cause my other imagehost is down and so i need to replace the urls, plus i need to make some new character pages for adoptables. I tried using all my forum usernames and passwords, but it says that the name and password aren't recognized. Help!?
CLOSED for thread requests. OPEN for commissions.
I think it may be because of the accented 'o' in his name? I can't really help, but that's the thought that came to mind and it might give the SA an idea on what to look for. > _>; Do you have any previous characters or another account that you can temporarily login with and try to update it?
[html]<div id="signature-icons">
<center><div style="width: 300px; padding: 10px;">

<a href="LINK" title="OPEN FOR THREADS!" class="open-for-threads"></a>

<a href="#!" class="reply-medium" title="REPLY SPEED: MEDIUM. I will likely reply between 10 minutes and 4 days."></a>

<a href="#!" class="character-note" title="A general note that Luka is NOT a social character. While he will approach a person that is in trouble, injured or sick, it is unlikely that he will approach another person otherwise. He also does not take well to hostile characters and will either fend them off or leave the area/thread. Please keep this in mind while threading with him!"></a>

<a href="#!" class="optime-preference" title="OPTIME unless otherwise stated."></a>

<a href="#!" class="mature-character" title="MATURE CHARACTER. Sensitive viewers beware. Due to an abusive childhood, slavery, anxiety and depression, some of Luka's threads may become dark. Please ask me AHEAD of time if you prefer our thread not touch any darker subjects!"></a>

<br><a href="#!" class="apparel-accessories" title="Luka is usually seen wearing a black, fur collared cloak with a belt that holds storage bags and a dagger. Infrequently, he wears gauntlets and armored gloves."></a>

<a href="#!" target="_blank" title="Luka's mother tongue is Russian. He speaks it fluently and tends to have a thick Russian accent when speaking English." class="foreign-language"></a>

<a href="#!" class="skill-medic" title="Luka is a trained combat medic. He is used to taking care of the injured, and has grown adapt to taking care of the ill as well. His techniques, however, tend to be more-so old-school and on the spot, which can be heavily painful for the character getting treated."></a>

<a href="#!" class="skill-fighting" title="Formally trained to be a combat medic in his birth-pack, Luka continues to keep his fighting skills up to par. He is typically a close combat person due to his large size and tank-y built, he uses his weight and height to his advantage with use of metal gauntlets and armored gloves. He also has a dagger that he uses more-so for hunting than battle."></a>

<a href="#!" class="skill-crafts" title="After leaving 'Souls previously, Luka began to start his life anew by becoming an artist of sorts along with trading herbal remedies. He is skilled with making wooden trinkets and dabbles in painting."></a>

<a href="#!" class="skill-trade" title="Away from 'Souls, Luka picked up the skills necessary to become a wandering merchant. He trades his wooden trinkets, paintings and herbal remedies to any that offer up a fair trade."></a>

</div></center></div>

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css');
</style>[/html]
At work, can't check now, seconding Sam to use another account for now. Probably is the accented o. Alternatively, try login with just "Soren Rask." Might strip the accented character and replace with standard.
I actually did try that, and it still didn't work, but I haven't tried it with the older accounts yet, so I'll do that when I get back home.

Edit: I should also mention that I spoke to Vida in chat about this, and she said that she could only log in with one of her three accounts, but only one of her accounts has an accented letter in the name, so I'm not so sure about that theory anymore.
CLOSED for thread requests. OPEN for commissions.
Tmau5 summed up my issues too. But I thought I'd pipe up and add that I tried using no spaces between surname and forenames, as Hikaru's word but neither of my character's with surnames worked, but that didn't seem to work either.
[Image: Q23X7re.png]
Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben wenn man klares Wasser will
[Image: free_rainbow_wolf_icon_by_apoca7ypse-d5r...279014.gif]
I am having the same issue as well. When I type in the full name I don't get the 'Name/password not recognized' message, it just clears the login fields and does not log me in.
[html]<style>@import url(<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Shadows+Into+Light+Two">http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two</a><!-- m -->);
@import url(<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css">http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css</a><!-- m -->);

.group:after {
content: "";
display: table;
clear: both;
}

.AadiSig2 {
width:98%;
min-height:150px;
margin:0 auto;
padding-top:50px;

position:relative;
z-index:99;

text-align:left;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
line-height:16px;

}

#signature-icons a {
background-repeat: no-repeat;
display:inline-block;
margin:0;
opacity:.35;
filter:alpha(opacity=68%);
transition:200ms linear all;
-moz-transition:200ms linear all;
border-bottom: 3px solid transparent;

}
#signature-icons a:hover,
#signature-icons a:focus,
#signature-icons a:active
{
opacity:1;
filter:alpha(opacity=100%);
border-bottom: 3px solid #DB5301; /* change the color under the icons when you hover over them on this line */
}

.AadiSig2 #Signature-icon {
margin:0px auto;
text-align:left;
}
.AadiSig2 a { text-decoration: none; }

.AadiSig2 .name {
font-size:22px;
line-height:1em;
padding-bottom:5px;
padding-left:50%;
letter-spacing:5px;
word-spacing:10px;
text-transform:;
text-decoration:underline;
font-weight: bold;
font-family: 'Poiret One', cursive;
text-shadow:#fff 0 0 1px;
}

.AadiSig2 .links {
border:1px solid transparent;
font-size:0;
line-height:1em;
margin-right:1px;
padding-left:57%;
}
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap {
border:1px solid transparent;
}
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a {
display:inline-block;
margin:0;
opacity:.35;
filter:alpha(opacity=35%);
transition:200ms linear all;
-moz-transition:200ms linear all;
}
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:hover,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:focus,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:active
{
opacity:1;
filter:alpha(opacity=100%);
}
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:hover:after,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:focus:after,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap a:active:after {
content:' ';
display:block;
position:absolute;
bottom:-4px;
height:4px;
width:31px;
background-color:##DB5301;
}
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap .buttons a:hover:after,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap .buttons a:focus:after,
.AadiSig2 .signature-wrap .buttons a:active:after {
width:88px;
left:1px;
}

.AadiSig2 .notes, .AadiSig2 span.notes, .notes ul, .notes ul li {
font-size:12px;
font-weight:normal;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:18px;
padding:0; margin:0;
z-index:999;
}

div.AadiSig2 { background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:25% center; background-size:30% }
/*ACTIVE*/
div#SEQUOIA { background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/jssVbHf.png;); }</style>

<div class="AadiSig2" id="SEQUOIA">
<div class="name">Sequoia Exultare</div>

<div class="group signature-wrap">
<div class="links" id="signature-icons">
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Aadi" target="_blank" title="PLAYER WIKI" class="player-wiki"></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Aadi#contact" title="CONTACT" class="player-contact"></a>
<a href="#" class="reply-medium" title="REPLY SPEED: MEDIUM (4-9 days)"></a>
<a href="LINK" title="OPEN FOR THREADS! Click for thread hub" class="open-for-threads"></a>
<a href="#" title="I will roleplay mature material." class="will-mature"></a><br>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Characters.Sequoia" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER WIKI" class="character-wiki"></a>
<a href="#" class="secui-preference" title="Uses all forms equally. Form will be denoted in first post of each thread."></a>
<a href="#" class="skill-animals" title="Sequoia is skilled with animals (Horses, Owls)"></a>
<a href="#" class="skill-hunting" title="Sequoia is a skilled hunter (Feral/Spear)."></a>
<a href="#" class="skill-social" title="Sequoia is skilled in social skills (Emissary)."></a>

</div>
</div>
</div>
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Poiret+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>[/html]
Aadi, does the username 'Sequoia' work for you instead? Didn't you have your account name changed, or am I misremembering?

At the rest -- you should be able to edit the Wiki using an older character account without any funky characters. Use that as a workaround until we figure this out. If you don't have an account without odd characters, it's probably okay to go ahead and register an OOC account to edit the Wiki.
I am unable to log into the Wiki as well. I have tried using my past characters as well and none of them are allowing me to log in.
[Image: eOoIWzU.png]
Adopt a member of Amatha's family today!
Shade Sier - Thanatos Haima - Eris Haima - Torok Haima
If your username has been changed at any point, you should use what the username CURRENTLY IS. So, if your username used to be 'Bobby' but it is now 'Bob', you should log in with 'Bob'.

ALSO: REMEMBER THAT USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS ARE BOTH CASE SENSITIVE. "Bob" is not the same as "bob" etc.

Will get back to you on special characters. .-.

kiri is a butthead; avatar by dwudles
commissions are OPEN
I'm having problems logging in, as well. There are no special characters in my name, but their were some in my password. I changed my password to omit special characters, and the log in still isn't working for me. :/
Hmm, there's no reason it shouldn't work if both username and password contain no special characters and you've typed in everything correct (case-sensitive usernames). Try clearing your cookies and/or using a different browser to see if it works then?

commissions are OPEN
Well, I reset my history. Cookies, cache and all. It's giving me a different error message,though. At first it was Username/password not recognized; Now it's giving me the message: Password Required, even after I put in my password. Dl Sorry if I'm being a pain.
Well, After some messing around, I don't know what I did, but it works now! Sorry for all the trouble!
Oh, no trouble! Glad you got it working!

commissions are OPEN