Whatever Pain May Come, I'll Start Again

Faith

POSTED: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:17 pm

familia fortis elegit

He was accustomed to life here. It was strange for him to want to leave the safety of his home even for a trading trip out at the Outpost that was where his father had spent most of his time these days. Life had been good to him since he had grown within the confines of Salsola, where everyone knew of his disability, but not one would recognize it as one. They once had asked him what had happened (the new members at least) but now they praised him for being as strong and capable as any other. This in itself made the Wendigo Child very content with his life, and it made him courageous enough to strike it out on his own, if for just a week, just to see what it felt like to be without his father's help, or the pack's help to survive. He still was ignorant to the Butcher of the Blackwoods, and it was almost like he had already paid a toll to a troll, in which every time he crossed the bridge, he would be watched but not touched, because his toll was so large that it was pointless to take more.

He only traveled with the gift his father gave to him at his 6 month mark. A feline that he had come to call "Ixion" in passing, named mostly after himself, since he had a 'x' in his name. He didn't have any other reason as to why he named the feline the name, it just seemed to fit to him. Ixion and Coaxoch were nearly inseparable now, for his father had told him that one day the feline would save his life, and Ixion did just that. Coax trusted the beast since then, and the tiff that he had about his arm and bobcats laid dormant under a thick layer of trust and dependence.

Coax went to the South with his thick mask touching his face and covering most of his face, minus his bottom jaw. A rack of a buck protruded from the top of the mask, another gift from his father to the son. This mask was unlike any other in design and in complexity, for it was made by the Red Witch herself, a master of leather crafting and fabrics. He remembered her fondly, but did not visit her often. The Red Serpent was one that he did not favor particularly, but she did not wrong him in any way, so he did not feel negatively about her either. He remembered her daughters for their ostracizing natures though, for they did not like Till and his family for whatever reason. It was beyond his years and he was likely to ignore them if anything.

Coaxoch was getting pretty close to another pack that he did not know. He unfolded his father's map of the area, using Ixion as a table to drape it over. He looked at the landmarkers that the male had marked and worded the name "Inferni" as he looked up and around at an effigy that loomed a few yards away. We should probably turn more to the South, Ixion. This is a pack border up ahead. he told the cat, knowing the pale beast would know what he was saying. The feline mewed back at Coaxoch in a way that the male would understand. Coax nodded then and picked the map back up and folded it to a smaller canvas in which it was easier to carry.

ooc: this is for faith, even though i have 2million testing threads i have to do with everyone I'M SORRY OK. Also a lot of this info is subject to change because of reasons.

Avvie by Hydra@Souls'RPG, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:34 am

Oderint dum metuant

Faith was.. confused. The spirits around him made him feel very uneasy at times, making him not only doubt himself, but wondered if there was any point to all of this. He did his best to protect his mother, follow in her teachings, and keeps the spirits that followed him at ease. One always seemed to be pleased with him while the other was not. This conflict made him sick at times, but he wasn't sure who to tell about these kinds of things. He would offer his thoughts and prays to the Lord, but it wasn't like he said anything in return. His own faith, ironically, wavered from time to time. In the end though, he knew that he needed to be strong. He had to live up to his name and his potential. He could not allow the sinful things in his life to control him.

He stood up in his room at the mansion, having found one close to his parents so that he could keep an eye on them. His sister too had found her own place and was happy for her. He carefully slipped into his robes before adjusting the cross he wore along his forehead. This had been a gift from his father, and was something he cherished. The bones reminded him of the necklace his mother wore, and keeping in close ties with her was important. If something happened not just to her, but both of them, he didn't know how he would be able to cope with it. It was already horrifying in his youth to see the kinds of trouble his mother would get into, and be unable to defend herself. That was his job, and he wasn't going to change that.

Snow still covered the ground outside. It seemed this winter was going to be one of the longer ones. It was times like these that he was thankful for his long robes. Not only were they able to hide him away, but also keep him warm. He slowly shut the door to his room, making his way down the stairs, and out of the mansion. He had made it a habit to check along the borders, with or without his sister. His mother at times still felt unsafe, even in her own home. He wanted to help ensure her that she was safe. Nothing was out there that would harm her. As he came to the borders, he paused, his ears turning to the sound of someone nearby. He stepped forward over the line of skulls, stopping when the tan man came into his view. The stranger had three limbs, though considering he knew Jehan, this was nothing new. He was looking at a map, but wondered if it might be helping him any. Stepping forward, his hands moved in front of him as he addressed the stranger, Are you lost?

Since this is test-drive, so I am testing out some stuff for Faith. +400 words.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:23 pm

familia fortis elegit

Coax had his back facing the borders when he heard footsteps coming towards him. He sighed lightly and closed his eyes as if he had gotten caught. Truth was, he had gotten caught without his mask on his face and looking at a map. He turned his head, unmasked and with the mask flipped onto his back as to see the map better. He was hunched over, much like a feral beast though, even with his one arm. He lifted his mottled nose to the being that had come near, and he almost took to pretending to not know what the other had spoken, but he knew that the vague look of understanding was easy to see on his face. His fur fluffed out though, and he turned his large ears back on his copper hair as he looked upon her(?). He found himself questioning the scent and the fact that it did not match what his eyes were seeing, but he also did not find it completely peculiar because of many of the Salsola wolves who too did not take their born gender. He thought of Cleome and Quicksilver, both biologically male, but more on the feminine spectrum. His own father was pretty feminine in his ways as well, but not as much as Quicksilver and Cleome, he knew. He had never seen a girl that was like a boy, aside from the tough tomboy, Misery, but even she still looked like a girl and acted as one too. Coax lifted himself from his hunched position, coming in to be taller than the boy-girl. He pensively flicked his "bunny" tail and still held his ears back on his head as he came to his true height.

Coax had grown to be impressive in his side, his genetics attributing heavily to his wolfish side when it came to his bulk and height. He had been a small child but a much bigger adult, and one could ask both of his sides of his family where this height and weight had come from. It had required him to have a bigger horse, and less stamina, even though he was particularly leggy. The man stood with confidence and some sort of civilized nature, clear understanding of her plight obvious on his face. I am just passing by. It's been a while since I have been out this way, so I am unfamiliar. he told the boy-girl with ease, letting them know that he was not particularly lost, but he wasn't particularly familiar with the area either. H wasn'tlost though, and he would be mad if she took this from his words. He decided to emphasize that he wasn't lost before she spoke again. I'm not lost though, I promise you that. he said, turning to where she couldn't see his left arm, or rather the absence of.

He snorted lightly. My name is Coaxoch. I come from The Thistle Kingdom - Inferni Ally. he mentioned to the boy-girl, finding there was little reason to hide who he was, and where he was from because of their alliance with Inferni. Maybe it was a blessing that they had met each other on this day. Perhaps it was fate.

ooc: oops heres a post WC: 543

Avvie by Hydra@Souls'RPG, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:00 am

Oderint dum metuant

Something in Faith had always struck him as feeling.. weird. He wasn't really sure how to explain it. The curves of his natural body, his smaller size. Was it a means to make himself look stronger than he would have looked otherwise? His sister seemed content with herself, but she was much bigger than all of them. She had the looks for what she wanted. If he was going to solely be his mother's protector, he couldn't let this hold him back, but.. there had to be more to it. He was born in the wrong body, one of his spirits taunting him for this reason. At least with all the long robes he would be able to hide this well.. though his scent was harder to accomplish this with. He did his best, but it was still hard.

Not wanting to linger on it too much, his blue-green gaze turned back up to the male before him, having now turned around to face him. The lighter one was much taller than he was first believed to be. He had quite the build for someone of his size. He explained tha he was just passing by, adding on that he was not lost. That was a promise. It seemed a little strange that he would say this while he was looking at a map, but he wasn't one to judge. A nod came from his head in acknowledgement to this information. There was nothing more that needed to be added on that.

After releasing a snort from his nose, the lighter male introduced himself as Coaxoch and a member of the thistle kingdom. Faith had heard about the place.. Salsola.. that was just to the north of Inferni. This was the place that held claim over the drifter bay herds along with the coyotes. It was interesting to finally meet someone that was from this new place. He admitted to himself that since he had chosen the path to protect his mother, he really didn't get out of the clan unless she was the one leaving. His mother did urge him to go out on his own, but he could see the worry in her eyes even as the words escaped from her. She cared so much for her family, and seeing harm come to any of them would break her heart.

Returning to Coaxoch though, the brown one lowered his head to a small bow, placing his hands together in front of him as he did, My name is Faith, and I am a member of Inferni as you know. He paused for a moment before raising his head back up, letting his hands rest lower down in front of him, If you're not in any hurry, perhaps you could tell me more about the thistle kingdom? I would be interested to hear more about our clan's allies.

+400 words.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Test-Drive