ALSO I SAW AN OWL GO AFTER A SQUIRREL THE OTHER NIGHT LOL
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:30 pm

I love your birb pics!!

Also that last set, the top bird looks like he's nodding off to sleep during a school lecture, and the next bird's expression is like when you get jostled awake and you're like "what year is it"
Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Semini wrote:and the next bird's expression is like when you get jostled awake and you're like "what year is it"

In my experience I think grackles just permanently have that expression

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:53 pm

LMAO omg you're absolutely right!!! HAHAHAHAA
Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Today I have channeled my depression into TAKING PICTURES OF BIRD BUTTS because that is 90% of the pictures it's like they know i'm trying to be a good photographer and they're mooning me

however i did get a picture of FLOOOOOOOF BIIIIIIRD

also a titmouse acting like i caught it doing something bad, and these buds

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 pm

FLUFF BIRD

where do i sign up for cat facts-style daily texts of your wild birbs raze?

only semi-related, but there's a pileated woodpecker pair that nests in my woods, so i might have to pay you to come photograph them

as an incentive, the male's call sounds like laughter
Last edited by Osrath Eternity on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Gamekeeper (NPC)
Lorraine
Luperci Cavalleria, Vaquera
vitriolic

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 pm

aaaa these are so lovely! This is the only reason I'd ever want a yard tbh... ;v;
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:07 pm

YOU ARE NOW SIGNED UP FOR BIRD FACTS

Osrath Eternity wrote:only semi-related, but there's a pileated woodpecker pair that nests in my woods, so i might have to pay you to come photograph them

YES PLS

There's one that lives in our area that sometimes perches within view of the house. IT IS SO BIGGG. We just have a pair of downy woodpeckers that visit the feeder though, sometimes a red-bellied one does. I can hear them pecking but I've never heard them laugh. xD I'll have to look that up!!

& Kiri yesss it is nice I blame you in part for getting me into birds like I blame you for other things

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Vesper wrote:YOU ARE NOW SIGNED UP FOR BIRD FACTS

yesssss
Salsola
The Gamekeeper (NPC)
Lorraine
Luperci Cavalleria, Vaquera
vitriolic

POSTED: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 pm

BIRD FACT COMING UP okay not really

I just wanted to mention that two individuals of a species I hadn't seen before came to the feeders today, and it just made me laugh at how wildly different the plumage between the two sexes are, like wow.

This is a picture of a female rose-breasted grosbeak:

I saw her first and was like "omg new bird cool face stripes what is it" but had such a hard time finding out what it was bc Google didn't like my queries haha. But THEN my mom and I saw a totally different-looking bird come to the feeder (v distinct and MUCH easier to Google) and I realized they had the same beak. I guessed that the other one had been the lady, and Google confirmed when I looked up the male.

This is a picture of a MALE rose-breasted grosbeak:

So yes I was like WOW K. It was just the perfect example of how ridiculous the sexual dimorphism in birds is. Most of the examples of the species that have visited the feeder so far were tame (e.g., the red dot on downy woodpecker, red vs dun-colored cardinals) but NOPE NO SUBTLETY.

i swear birdwatching as someone who knows nothing about birds makes me feel like a detective

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

OOC Garbage