well.

POSTED: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:19 pm

I've been fostering 3 kittens since they were 5 weeks old. They have been with me for over a month now and they are my sweet precious babies aka I feel like a cat mom. I was considering adopting one, Merlin, but only if I couldn't find him a home with someone I knew. The other day I found out my boyfriend's sister was interested in adopting him. I was through the roof!! She has another cat already so he wouldn't be lonely, and I trust her to be a good cat momma. So today I dropped all 3 off at the adoption stand like I do every Saturday. I know when I return they will still be there because the Humane Society I foster through doesn't do same-day adoptions... apparently they do though, and when I came back to pick them up Merlin was gone. Someone was pre-approved to adopt him and NO ONE FLIPPING TOLD ME. It took everything in me to gather my remaining kittens and get out of there without bursting into tears. Barely made it to the car then spent the trip home sobbing.

I'm home now and I feel so empty. It wouldn't have been this traumatic if they had just told me so I could say goodbye to him. I feel a potent mix of grief and rage.

No goodbye for dear Merlin. I'm beside myself... I wish I could say goodbye and give him one last hug. He was my baby. My throat burns right now like I'm about to start sobbing again.

I dunno why I'm telling all of you this. I don't know what else to do.

There are pictures of him on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/princessofbeasts/ ...I'm gonna miss that sweet face.

:'(
I am available for commissions!
helkiarts.com

Helki
Creature

POSTED: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 am

He was absolutely adorable, and I'm so sorry that happened to you, Artemis. I know how it feels to be blindsided by something like this, and it genuinely sucks -- especially since you seem particularly close to him in those beautiful photos -- but you just have to imagine that someone adopted him who could love him just as much as you would've.

Being a surrogate/foster-mom sucks in this way, but be proud of the job you did for Merlin and the time you were able to spend with him <3

Avatar by Despi; sig image by Sunny
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Cheshire
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:33 am

Thank you for the kind words, Chesire. It means a lot. I am so glad he found a good home, I was heartbroken that they took him from me without any warning. But! Recently I found some closure when the humane society allowed me to meet up with Merlin's new parents and to say my farewells. They were really nice people and it felt good to know who he was with. I still feel small waves of heartbreak here and there but now I realize it is a good thing, to be reminded of the compassion in my heart... it has inspired me in surprising ways. And I have little Merlin to thank for that. :)

<3 <3
I am available for commissions!
helkiarts.com

Helki
Creature

Pets