Animal People United

post your animal related woes here.

POSTED: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:27 pm

So, I said we should unite, and here I am, making a thread so we can. This here is to be a wonderful place where we cannot be judged for our need for animal attention.

I think we all know that feeling of "Oh my Gods, that is so cute, I must have it right now!" And not being able to have it. In general I think this mostly applies to animals for many of us. So this thread is for us to share the animals that have evaded us; the dogs, cats, bunnies, ponies, snakes and spiders and all manner of beasties that we have been denied.

Pictures and stories, moaning and whining are allowed. I know I will be doing a lot of whining and moaning as I am stuck in a hellhole where I am not allowed cats or dogs at the moment, so it is all especially hard for me, seeing as they are all I want.

Please, share away.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

POSTED: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:39 pm

I feel like we need a banner or some other sort of graphics for this. XD

I get a newsletter from the animal shelter I adopted one of my cats from. There was a story about an old english sheepdog that came in as a stray. My dream dog? A rescued old english sheepdog! Except... my apartment only allows cats (and only 2 of them at a time), and I wouldn't be able to afford a dog right now anyway. DDD: -grabby hands- Maybe I'll be that weirdo who calls them asking if anyone has surrendered a tarantula.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:47 am

Oh mannn. I get grabby-hands around a lot of pets, but I know better than to actually take them home, especially with apartment restrictions. I can usually handle myself around adoptable doggies, since I've done shelter volunteer work for years and only once did I end up taking one home. <3 But there was a puppy up for adoption over the internet that totally claimed my heart, and I had to talk myself out of it because I was afraid my rambunctious shelties would break him. ;; He was an itty bitty baby Italian Greyhound, barely turning eight weeks old, asdsdas. I was going to buy him a little rain coat and a sweater, because he didn't like being cold. He was going to be my little fancy gentleman and sleep on my lap while I sat at the computer. ;__;

I deleted the actual photo because it made me sad, so here is a Google image that looks just like him. I hope he found a loving home, dammit!!

Miyu
Luperci Gardener + Apothecary Mate to Niernan
Colibri perennial gardener memories of dahlias
caught in a sunbeam
eyes in the clouds

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:51 am

there was a 2 year old white GSD on petfinder the other day. oh man oh man...
Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 am

Tamaskan Dog. That's all I'm saying.

Westy
Luperci Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy Saddle Up. Shut Up. Hold On Tight.
Wilder Than The West
One Wild Ride

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 am

I visited a Papillon breeder yesterday.. this was a big thing for me, I've never been into toy breeds and I've fallen hard for this one ARGH. I said to the breeders that I've never really found the breed for me - I love my Corgs and my Collie, I love all dogs really, but I clicked so well with the Paps, they had the most engaging personalities.
And it's killing me because the bf is against it and my dad would be too. I feel like they'd fit well with me and they'd get to do agility, HTM, obedience.. but nope. And I'm trying really hard not to act depressed about it and I know I'm really lucky to have the dogs I do have, but it's so difficult when I know I could offer a good, active home with loads of time to give.
So basically.. Paps </3

Plus half of the bloody dogs on Dogsblog, I swear I need to turn email subscriptions off!
AscherStormbringer

It's always darkest before the dawn

DEAD
Rat
Luperci
someone to fall back on

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 am

The banner should definitely be a thing. We should have a banner. I'm poopy with graphics though, so somebody else would have to do it.

I volunteer at the RSPCA center near me every Sunday, the only reason I'm not in today is because I'm puking my guts up. I fall in love with dogs and cats on a regular basis and repeatedly have my heart broken. To name a few:

1. Barney, the Rottweiller. This was a couple of years ago now, when I was doing my year 10 work experience. He was the most soft hearted, soppy, intelligent Rotty I had ever met. I fell in love with him, he was the perfect dog for me, but mum and dad said no and I had to watch him go to another family.

2. Brad, the silver Tabby. Again, a few years ago now, when I was doing my college work experience at the center. A silver tabby was brought in as a stray despite being in perfect health, a good weight and with no fleas or ticks. The day he was brought in I was told to sit with him in a separate room in the cattery because we had one of the 'crazy cat ladies' coming in and management knew she would not leave if she saw him. During that hour and a half I fell in love with that damn cat. Again, had to watch him be adopted by another family.

3. Lenny, the Smooth coated Collie crossbreed. This year. He was the sweetest, most loving, non-hyper collie ever. He was my little boy and because I live in this scumhole of a place I couldn't take him. He got adopted too, which is good and all, but I was supposed to have him. He's the dog that I break my heart over, wondering what it would have been like if I could have had him.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

POSTED: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 am

I went to Dogs Trust earlier in the year and saw this massive white GSD, he was like one of those fake sheepskin rugs :c My parents will only let me have a small thing and at the moment they're not even willing to buy me that ;-;

And there is this nervy Weimie there, he was beautiful ;-;
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/do ... 604jpg.jpg

And this lil German Spitz my Mum thinks looks evil as shit <3
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/dogimages/1 ... 7_w800.JPG

But I'm gunning for a Schnauzer now, and everyone agrees it's a pretty much acceptable breed to go for. "When we have the money", which I'm fairly sure will by my 18th Birthday when I'm able to buy a dog myself >.<
Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben wenn man klares Wasser will

Vida
Luperci
kill the revolutionary
Wiener Blut
animal. you're an animal.

POSTED: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Drew has had to talk himself away from white GSDs muuuultiple times. Because he already has his Angel, a black GSD mix, and my Jake, a black lab mix.

I avoid the shelter like the plague because I want to take everything home. I can't even have my Jakey here, because we "didn't have room" (and yet we got my gramma's goldendoodle just afterward).

Most recently though, I wanted to take my sister-in-law's bundle of energy because he "attacked" her and she was giving him back to the pound, which was probably the best thing for him since she wasn't taking care of him anyway. Pictures shortly. :3
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie
Luperci Pupsitter White Knight Rage, rage against the dying of the light

POSTED: Wed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

I blame Titmouse. Now I want a Beauceron REALLY badly... D:

EPIC AWESOME DOG! DO WANT! :D

I would also love to get me another reptile or amphibian for a pet. Probably a Leopard Gecko, another frog of some kind, a Bearded Dragon or a Chameleon. ^^

Westy
Luperci Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy Saddle Up. Shut Up. Hold On Tight.
Wilder Than The West
One Wild Ride

OOC Garbage