Hopes and dreams

POSTED: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

This was long overdue. The hunt for Krokar's borders had been something the Paladin had looked into long before this time, seeking out information on them since he had heard about them at the bar. It wasn't clear what Salsola knew of this place, but there was one certainty... she knew nothing about it. This would not stand.

As much as she wanted to make sure she could seek them out, figure out just where they were, the kingdom needed her more. The death of Ondine and her husband seemed to strike some worry, and in her, some distrust. Salsola was already a place where no one could be trusted, simply based around the concept of lying to outsiders, and clearly having no regrets about engaging with them before seeing diplomacy... or in Elphaba's case... challenging other high ranked members to get the status they wanted.

The thing that remained on her mind was what they would do now, how would Salsola as a whole adjust? This would fall onto the dark woman's shoulders as the Boss. It would be her job along with those in the shield tier to investigate what had happened. She and Grievous had already been along the shore looking for a body, but nothing had turned up. And there was no saying what the two leaders were actually doing behind closed doors.

One thing was for certain, the leader was only one room away when it came to matters like these. If anyone could hear the news no one else wanted to hear, it would be her.

The dog woman trailed along the northern path, through Amherst, and further. She had been along this path before, having come across roadblocks every time she had been out here. Even as the Paladin, there were still many capable hands in the kingdom's shield tier. In the event that she were gone for a few days, she could lay her responsibility on those beneath her... or even those who were now of the same nobility she held.

It was always nice to see the ranks within the shield tier coming together.

A scent passing along her nose made Idrieus pause. These lands were more like a marsh over anything else, water stinging at her senses. Arms crossed gently, taking into account where the scent was the strongest before she positioned herself. If this was something that needed to be investigated, then it would be best not to step over any boundaries. Head tilted back, letting out a small howl for someone's attention. Her act had worked well enough so far, so there was no reason to believe it wouldn't work here too.

Open for one. Looking to get some information on Krokar. Backdated by about a week to make it work with another thread. +400 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Inara was the newest member of Krokar, becoming a member 8 days ago, to be exact. This afternoon she found herself patrolling the territory, wanting to be very familiar with boundaries. This was a new concept to her as gypsies didn't have borders. Inara liked the idea though...it kept the place safer than any gypsy settlement.

The large quadruped trotted along the edge of the territory. She was 9 months old was too young to be a border patrol, but she took the position as though she had authority. Maybe she would get in trouble with Milos, or maybe she won't. Either way, she was wanting to make sure the border was safe before she explored the territory. It had become her mission to get to know every corner of the lands from the Murkwood watchtower to Easter watchtower. Inara wanted to know all of her home.

The scent of what could only be described as an outsider hit her nose. At first Inara wanted to pause and run back to find Milos but something inside her dared her to go forward. It was that voice, the one that always spoke illogical nonsense and this time she listened. No, go to it. Let it know Krokar is not something to mess with.

She was hesitant at first but then she stood tall and trotted confidently, following the scent.

Her eyes didn't not find a wolf like her mind wished to find, but a dog. She was an interesting color to Inara, but still her young mind steeled itself and refocused as she addressed the outsider. "Who are you, and what have you come here for?" Her tone stern, but that young preteen voice made it almost hard to take her seriously. She might as well been still wet behind the ears. Still, Inara's eyes blazed with a seriousness that shouldn't dare be challenged.

WC: 315

OOC: Hewwo! <3
The Shoal
Minnow
Bear
If only it could have stuck
Tormented 'Soul
Devil in Angel's Clothing

POSTED: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Idrieus was not one to be taken lightly. She had to face the hardships of reality at such a young age, hardening her into the woman she was now. What was there left to fear in the world? Failing the kingdom in her duties? Well perhaps that was the only concern. When it came to combat, she took every necessary step to make sure the members of Salsola would either be able to fight on the battlefield or at least knew enough to protect themselves should they find themselves in such a situation.

After all, even those who claimed they did not wish to fight had the will to. There was no telling what a luperci might do when they are finally backed into a corner.

The dog woman's head moved up, noticing someone coming towards the borders. Though in optime, she seemed to have a younger look to her than most she had come across. Her look was a bit of a strange one. The tops of her ears looked like they had been sliced off.. but for hat reason she could not say. The shape of her form was different... not as thin as some other luperci she had seen before.

The voice that came from this female was stern, obviously catching on that the Paladin was not from Krokar. Her posture remained relaxed, arms crossed gently along her chest, "My name is Kalypso. I come from far away. I've been roaming around this area for a while to be honest. I was hoping to find the pack called Krokar. I heard about it in passing and wanted to learn more about it." There was no need to release any further information on the matter. Hopefully that just because this female was a bit younger didn't mean she knew nothing about the pack she was living in.

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Inara sat back upon her haunches, her posture tall giving off confidence. This was her home, not this stranger's so she told herself she had to be confident and dominant here. Her brown eyes studied every motion, noting that the dog was relaxed. This bothered Inara a little, How could someone be so relaxed at a pack's border?

She listened as the dog gave her name Kalypso. Then the lady went on about hoping to find Krokar, and wanted to learn more. Inara's brows lowered as she looked at this dog with puzzlement. "Do you think this is Krokar?" She asked without really thinking her words through. Still, she figured this would confuse the dog and maybe reveal something. Through Inara's life, even before her trauma, her family prided itself on secrecy. So offering up information so willingly was not in her blood. She could answer Kalypso's questions, but the dog hadn't asked anything, yet.

Inara had learned a lot about the pack since she arrived nearly a month ago. She was sure she knew all this lady would need to know. Still, Inara wanted to know if this dog was a part of a pack, or just looking for a home of her own. She was not a native to these lands, and she only knew one other pack, Mistfell. She thought back to when she met a Mistfell member and how he smelled. It was not like this lady. She had a faint smell of other canines, but it was faint, leaving Inara not confident in her ability to tell if this was a loner, or a pack dog. Her stumpy ears turned back and she decided to stop trying to figure it out, and just straight up ask, "What pack are you from?" The question she formed was an assumption, she didn't know if this Kalypso was from a pack, but if she wasn't she'd correct Inara.

WC: 324
The Shoal
Minnow
Bear
Tormented 'Soul

POSTED: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Idrieus had done this enough times to hold her own composure when it came to being along the borders of another pack. She had to show her confidence, but be polite if she was going to get anything out of whomever decided to come upon her. Besides, even if she wasn't lieing to get the information she wanted, there were plenty of reasons why someone looking for information or with the prospect of joining would be calm and collected on the borders. They came here for a reason, and there was nothing to fear.

The Paladin couldn't help but narrow her eyes when it came to asking if she thought she was at Krokar. They soon pulled back, a soft sigh passing her lips as her arms crossed along her chest, "I don't know if it is. I've only heard about it once and I didn't have much to go off. I am guessing it could be Krokar, but it could be another pack." Either option would be suitable for what she was looking to accomplish. It was just a matter of getting the information no matter where she was.

The dog woman had to come up with another lie, one to cover up the lingering scent of others along her pelt. There was only so much the members of Salsola would be able to do to hide their scent. Some clung to them tighter than others. A soft smile moved along her face as she gave a shake of her head, "I'm not from a pack. You're probably scenting those at the Bar. It's a location further south of here in one of the broken cities. Some of the dogs banded together to host a place for many loners and pack members to gather. It was there I first heard about Krokar and it sparked my interest."

It had proven to be a great fountain of information. It was a wonder she didn't decide to go there more often to learn about other things going on in the area.

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Inara watched as the dog before her narrowed her eyes, this made the coydog youth return the gesture. The woman before her admitted that she didn't know if this was Krokar or not and this brought a smile to Inara's face. This put Inara at an advantage. She could keep the pack safe. The mixed colored youth lifted her head a bit as she thought how to handle this information. She could lie to her, say this wasn't Krokar but Milos probably would not look fondly on the greenhorn if she did, would he? Looking down with a heavy sigh she tried to figure out if she was going to lie or tell the truth. Her eyes lifted from the ground up to the dog woman as she said where all her scents came from.

She's never heard of the Bar, and luckily Kalypso explained what the Bar was. That sounded almost like what the gyspies had. It was a place where anyone could come and go, however, they didn't give out too much information about their lifestyles, hunting techniques, or anything like that. Gypsies learned a lot from other packs and societies but had their own set of beliefs and religions. Gypsies are open, yet secretive. Something that she didn't know came with a great amount of information. Simply asking the few questions she had taught her a lot about this lady before her.

She decided to go ahead and tell the woman, "This is Krokar." She said simply, figuring she'd give the woman something as Inara hadn't given the lady anything, not even her name. How would this reflect on Krokar? Should she be more forthright? Would go against her nature, but still...she had to be a good reflection on the pack.

No. Inara would stick to her instincts and give this stranger as little information as needed. It was the gypsies downfall...and now she would not let it be Krokar's for as long as she could help it.

wc: 331
The Shoal
Minnow
Bear
Tormented 'Soul

POSTED: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:16 am

It was a good thing this woman was buying the bar lie, at least for the time being. In all truth, not all of it was a lie, just a cover up to hide the lingering scent along her body. No need to let anyone else in on the fact that she came from a pack of liars. Whatever picture this woman made up in her head on what she was, it was a role the Paladin would be able to follow along. Hopefully it would be able to hold up long enough to get some kind of information out of her.

So far, this was seeming to be a repeat of when she had come across the black and white woman that spoke of Mistfell Vale. Short, simple, and to the point. It would blow too much of a cover for her to use force. If only there was another way to get the information she needed..

Idrieus gave a small pause, then nodded, "I see. I am glad that I was able to find it then. If you don't mind me asking, what is Krokar like? I wasn't able to learn all that much at the bar before I had to be on my way." The brown male at the bar had given her a basic enough description, but it wasn't too much to go off of. This would be the chance to learn more about it. Any kind of information would help to be brought back to Salsola whether it came to tactics, or perhaps as useful information to the merchants within.

Her body relaxed a bit more, the tip of her curled tail giving a small flick, "I want to learn all that I can. I've learned so much since I have been around this area." Maybe that would help to push it a little more.

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Inara shifted on her haunches, letting her tail go around her feet as she thought on Kalypso's words, "..well, Krokar is much like any other pack. There's a leader, or two...borders. Things like that. It isn't just wolves though, most packs I met southwest of here were predominately wolves. So that's new for me."

Inara felt like she said enough. The woman said she wanted to learn all she could. Was that any subject, or just about Krokar? It reminded her a bit of the wolf that came to the gypsy village. He scoped out the clans before he set them ablaze. Would this lady do that? Was she really a loner? A bar seemed odd still. It could be a lie.

"Well. I think if you want to learn more, it would be best to learn from joining. Or are you fishing packs before looking to join?" Her brown eyes watched Kalypso closely, " I'd say almost all packs are a like as far as my experience has told me." This was a bold face lie, but Inara would stick to it. She had to because she swore to herself she'd keep Krokar safe, and she'd do so any way she could. To Inara, Krokar was unlike any pack she'd met. They were warm, friendly, smart, and resourceful. The River Goddess was very important to Krokar, but as far as Inara was concerned this stranger didn't need to know about Krokar other than the obvious. It was a pack, and nothing special. The youth would be stubborn and this dog before her would have to beat information out of her if she wanted to know more than the obvious.
The Shoal
Minnow
Bear
Tormented 'Soul

POSTED: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Idrieus felt the frustration in her mind. What about her made it seem like she was not just here to learn about the packs in the nearby area? What about her stood out compared to any other loners? The woman had offered her nothing she already knew about. What kind of pack wouldn't be around if there wasn't some kind of leader or borders that needed to be taken care of? There was the point of it not just being wolves, but even Salsola was like that in some regard. She was a dog in feature living among others that looked more like wolves.

She was going to have to do a bit more to get what she wanted.

But then the woman kept on going, and her logic was something that made the dog woman's eyebrow raise slightly. In some manner of speaking, it made sense, but in others it didn't. She had no way of knowing what her kingdom was like before she was brought into it. The same could be said about other packs. What would be the point in joining if they knew nothing about what it was like?

She gave a small shrug of her shoulders, "There are so many different packs in the world. The pack I used to come from was a very warrior based pack, but there were others in our area that was so much different. I mean, it kind of makes sense to learn from joining, but what if you find you hate the place that you have joined? What if now you are stuck there? I feel it's best to learn more about what I would be getting into before I decide where I want to go. What place would best suit me and which would be better to avoid."

This woman had a lot to learn if she thought all packs were so much alike. So many different cultures, so many lines of thinking. She needed to get out more in the world.

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:12 pm

The 9 month old shifted on her rear as she sat tall, stump ears twitched a little. The woman before her explained to her that there was more to a pack. She was right, and the thought made her ears pivot back as best they could. Perhaps there were packs out there that would not allow one to leave so readily? "...there are packs that would not allow one to leave so readily?"She asked with wonder and an innocent curiosity as she let her guard down for a moment.

She looked back into her pack, then back to the stranger. ...well...would it hurt to share?. She had to think about why the gypsies didn't share much of their world. She knew they believed in spirits, gods, goddesses, and magic. She herself only knew a little of her families beliefs. With a light sigh, her eyes looked down for a second then back up to Kalypso. "...okay..." She mumbled. What danger could be to letting someone know of the culture? She didn't need to come into the pack like her people had made the mistake of doing so with the wolves. "..we're a fishing pack. We live off the waters, and the river goddess is our protector and teacher." She gave a light smile unsure about sharing things with her. "We care about one another, and we are like family. It is the only place I have felt safe since my family was killed many moons ago. So..." Her eyes looked up to the dog woman and narrowed them onto her, "I don't know you, and you haven't given me a reason not to trust you...but you haven't given me a reason to trust you...so you're not coming in..and I don't have to share any more information with you." She stood her tail a little high, "I will protect this pack with my life in order to keep this new family of mine safe."

Inara's eyes stayed stern even though she was unsure of herself. Kalypso was probably just fine, a friendly lady for all she knew, but Krokar meant the world to her ever since Milos and Ascher took her in.
The Shoal
Minnow
Bear
Tormented 'Soul

Northern Tides