The fertile crescent of the north

[p. Eliza]

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Milos was courteous and kind, which Kalypso had greatly appreciated. Her emotions ran high but she kept them together until the moment she ended up in the Parley House, a place that a guest was free to stay. It was lovely, comfortable, and the hormonal Reine ended up having a nap for a solid couple of hours to sleep off her long walk from the Court. It was not like home but it was cozy enough that the woman felt safe enough to rest, even if she ignored her pregnant thoughts.

Groggy after her sudden departure from wakefulness, she descended from the second floor room that she was graciously given. A bench outside the re-purposed farmhouse became her seat as she settled herself into it. So far, she was not a bulging mass of mother and future children, which she was grateful for. Ever conscious of her figure, it was going to be a nightmare when she became a bulging creature, aching and waddling everywhere. The concept itself was distasteful to her, but it was her lot in life as a woman with lewd appetites.

She leaned back on the bench, sighing as she stared over to the fertile orchard. Fertile. Just like me, she thought dryly, hand settling on her belly as she looked down at the slight hint of a future mound to come. There was a sadness to her face, mostly because everything about her situation was so unappealing in almost every way. A hand left her belly as she rubbed at her eyes, both to get rid of the remnants of sleep, and the tears that threatened to form.

God, pregnancy was the worst.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 am

OOC: Forgive my major slow <3

IC:
Word that a Queen was visiting had reached Eliza via her mate and the scruffy dog was more curious than she’d care to admit. Having enjoyed few interactions with members of Cour des Miracles the Cormier woman was yet to understand how the idea of royalty worked in practice. She had questions - and Eliza had never been someone who allowed her questions to go unanswered for long.

Cora bounced about the woman’s legs as she prepared a Summer salad of herbs and fish and readied herself to leave the cosy home the Cormier-Parhelion family shared. It had grown even cosier since the arrival of their newest pups; that, coupled with the Summer heat, meant Liz was allowing her latest brood a little more freedom than she would have her elder children at such a tender age. Daisy and Percival were elsewhere already, probably overseeing Milos’s work – or making it a thousand times more laborious.

The walk toward Parlay House was punctuated at regular intervals by excited yapping from Cora and by the time they were nearing the Orchards, Liz found herself promising that they could search for apples (she knew the likelihood of finding any in the height of Summer was slim) later in the day.

When Liz found a Luperci who smelled faintly of the ocean – as opposed to Krokar’s freshwater residents – she was quick to put two and two together. The woman looked a little fatigued, probably from her journey, but there was also something Eliza couldn’t – yet, from a brief glimpse – put her finger on.

“Ya must be our Southern visitor,” Eliza chirped as she neared the seated figure. Unsure how she should behave in front of royalty, the dog bobbed her head and offered up the bowl of salad. “Cooked ya up a li’l somethin’ - well, not cooked – well, ‘cept the fish, that’s cooked.”

The grin which took over her face was rueful. “’m Eliza Cormier – one o’ Krokar’s Navigators. Council ranks, ya could say.”

Cora peered around her Mother’s legs, saying nothing before strutting forward and bending into a play bow.

“Er – this is me youngest, Cora.”

[362]
The Shoal
Trout
Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm

She watched the woman traipse up to her, child in tow, for a little while, unable to greet her properly from a distance. Instead of reacting, to her early, she let a tired smile appear on her face the moment it was discernible from the distance. There was definitely signs of weariness on her features, something she failed to wipe away after only a little bit of sitting.

Kalypso's brows raised up as she eyed the salad offered her, the smell of fish telltale beyond all belief. It took so much effort not to snatch the bowl from the woman's hands and stuff the bounty into her mouth. Not only was she hungry because of her unfortunate condition, she hadn't realized how much she had missed such a simple thing as fish. She had not bothered to make a pole or net or lure or anything, forgetting that the water-dwelling creatures were abundant in the north as they had been in the tropics.

She held back and took it into her hands with a nod. Thank you, it's greatly appreciated, she admitted with all honesty. Ah, I think your mate mentioned you to me when I met him. Clearly ambition was a commonality in their relationship. Or they were both hardworking individuals who loved their home. Either way.

Kaly was about to lean to look at the girl behind her legs, before the girl boldly walked forward and bowed. Kalypso blinked a moment before bursting out laughing, holding the bowl at a dangerous angle against her slight swell of a belly.

Pleasure, Cora. She gestured to the spot next to her. Please, sit. I'm afraid I am in no condition to stand up much right now, she added with a rather dry, unamused laugh.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 am

OOC: This is Liz being subtle.

IC:
A smile appeared as the pair of Krokarans approached. It seemed to be the kind of expression that had to be pushed through other emotions, or maybe just fatigue. The Court’s Reine looked young enough that bouncing back from the journey alone should’ve been no great feat and it set Eliza’s mind to wondering if she’d had a bad night’s sleep – until she and Cora got closer and she began to focus on her own demeanour. It was rare for Eliza to be nervous meeting anyone but there was an uncertainty in her today.

The Queen accepted the salad graciously, earning her a grin and a swish of the Navigator’s tail. Liz’s cooking had improved over the years but some within Krokar still treated the food she offered up with mild suspicion.

“Figure there ain’t nothin’ like a hearty meal after a long journey.”

Any remaining awkwardness dissolved entirely when Kalypso mentioned the doggish woman’s mate. Eliza’s entire face lifted, her eyes gleaming with affection and a good deal of pride. “Ah, ‘e’s a good egg, is my Milos, en’t he?” she crooned, looking for a moment like a lovestruck teenager. Eliza felt no embarrassment; she hoped to always feel that way over Milos.

Cora’s bow seemed to go down well and Eliza joined in with the laughter, bending to ruffle her daughter’s head fur before hopping onto the seat the visitor offered. Kalypso’s wording served to cement the inkling Eliza had had a few moments before; that and the slight rounding of the woman’s belly had not gone unnoticed.

“Feel free t’ eat up,” the dog ventured. “Best way t’ keep up yer energy.”

Cora padded forward and reared up, giving Eliza just enough time to thrust out an arm to catch the youth’s fore paws. The dog rolled her eyes.

“Me kids are the love of me life – well, them ‘n’ Milos – but they c’n be hard work.” She paused, reaching out with her other hand to smooth Cora’s fur fondly. Her gaze remained on her daughter though she addressed Kalypso. “Ya got much help down in the Court?”

[370]
The Shoal
Trout
Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:33 pm

i'mma skippin u amandar

There was fish in her mouth. Delicious, smooth, flakey fish. It was like a flashback to her youth and she wished that she had thought to remember the food source sooner, before she had made an uncomfortable track across the territories to visit a far-flung pack. She merely nodded to the mention of the man that was her husband. He had brought up her name but she had not known much about the woman beyond the very briefest of descriptions of her work.

But the woman knew. Milos had not had a real idea, it seemed, but this lady was more astute and clearly had a sense of what pregnancy did to a person. Or she was more perceptive than her mate, which was just as likely even if he was the reason Eliza herself had a gaggle of kids.

Kalypso’s expression soured as she swallowed a mouthful of fish and plant matter, ignoring the uncomfortable sensation of fibrous materials against her tongue and teeth. A fan of oddities, leafy greens were not at the top of the list. It was tolerable with the cooked fish, though, so the Queen happily ignored the feeling.

Plenty of family, hopefully, she said darkly, wondering if they would all stick by her in such a time. Abigail, Thyri, and Alessan were easy to count on, but the youngest two still did not seem to care much for her, and Gaia was at the Outpost besides with the other half-brother that seemed to not care for her a whit. It’s.. it’s going to be hard, I think. She lightly put a bit of fish in her mouth, seeming to be lost in some thought.

I came here for a distraction, truth be told. Maybe get some good trading or talks going while I avoid home and questions and things. She chortled slightly, settling the half-finished meal next to her, gaze briefly flickering to the child beside them. How’d you guess? Is it so obvious? asked the Reine with a furrowing of her brows.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Northern Tides