Until Dawn

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:35 pm

I beat this game yesterday. Its like a video game horror movie. Really good but the ending destroyed me as I inadvertently killed my two favorite people ;_;

Anyone else tried it??

hilli
Luperci Curander, Boticario Mate to Basilaris tak

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:45 pm

SO SPOOKY AHHH

But actually a really clever game?? I enjoyed/hated it haha

slithered here from Eden

Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:48 pm

i killed everyone in that last hour but my two favorites ;-;

my controller almost went through the screen when i killed (spoiler here hover if you want)

spooky as hell though! i did love watching josh (more spoilers here hover)
Last edited by Bane D'Angelo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

I avoid horror games like the plague but I like watching them on youtube. My usual youtuber is doing it but i cheated and read the plot on the wiki. It seems nifty xD
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Silvano Sadira wrote:I avoid horror games like the plague but I like watching them on youtube. My usual youtuber is doing it but i cheated and read the plot on the wiki. It seems nifty xD

I love horror movies, and Until Dawn plays a lot like one. Its amazing. I cannot stand most horror games (especially outlast, stupid game :|) but Until Dawn was genuinely scary at times!

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi hello, it seems you have addressed one of my current objects of attention as of late. :D Like Gen, I'm not a big fan of playing horror games myself (not like I have a console to do so) but my favorite Let's Player is doing it and I've already watched the "movie version" where all the characters lived. I really love it for what it is, and me and all my friends are wild about it at the moment. I can't really discuss much without spoiling things, though. Until Dawn has went as far as inspiring some elements of an area I made for the 'Souls world, if the Butterfly Effect concepts weren't obvious enough, hehe! I'm even considering incorporating the (hover for spoilers) into the religion/beliefs of the area.
It’s easy to explain 'cause this world’s not tame

Shannah
Luperci
little fang

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:22 pm

I saw the area you planned and it looks ahmazing by the way <3

edit- oops wrong account i do what i want /boogies

Kahilli
Luperci Die
conspiracy
true love
you and i collide
cure my tragedy
i see no bravery

POSTED: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:27 pm

OMG I'm watching Markiplier play that game because my parents would kill me if they saw me playing it. And it has my weakness: gore.

chien dupont

Icons by Bek, Levi, and myself

FriendlyHougen
Luperci
arf ye matey

POSTED: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I just started playing this last night with the boyfriend. We're still on our first playthrough, and so far, so good. I'm a sucker for horror games at the best of times -- but this takes it to a whole new level. :) He's quite terrified, so that's always fun to watch!

I don't find it as scary as Alien or Evil Within (yet), but it's early days.

I'm already pretty sure on who I do and don't like though. And YES FOR HAVING WARD IN THE GAME. *cough*AgentsofShield*cough*

I'll update the more we play!
Keep on Aiming.

POSTED: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 pm

This might be because I really enjoy the horror genre - games, movies, etc - and as such am quite desensitized to a lot of it, but I did not find this game scary at all. Evil Within was not scary either. The only "recent" game that really spooked me was the playable teaser for Silent Hills and it really disappointed me that the game was cancelled. So, as a horror game I found Until Dawn to be disappointing, but as a story driven playable movie it was a fun little game. c:

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

Gamers