raze scarcity

POSTED: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:16 am

tl;dr I'm going to be more scarce!

My work schedule has changed, the semester is well underway, and depression/a lack of motivation is kicking my ass. On a more positive note, I am also making an effort to see my friends more (we're doing D&D again finally!) as well as trying to relax and read before work rather than stress about the site. However, this all means that I'm going to be on 'Souls less.

I will be scarce Fridays through Mondays, restricting my activity to the middle of the week. Hopefully my activity itself will not change (pfft) and I will simply be posting during a smaller window. We'll see! This will affect my OOC presence as well (administrating + chatting).

That said, I will still respond to Discord messages to the best of my ability, and if you need me to reply to a thread, please ask and I promise I will drop everything and prioritize it. <3
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2018 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 am

<3
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci Lucky Little Leaf
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:25 am

Just an update. I'm struggling a bit right now, so taking a break from 'Souls for a little. I don't know how long this will be, but I'm still reachable via Discord if needed. I just will probably will continue to be slow/absent on the posting front, not really in chat, things like that. Hoping that I get my mojo back soon though.
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2018 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 pm

<3
Jace Wolfe

Casa di Cavalieri
Honored Elder
Jace
Luperci Mate to Temo Guardsman, Hunter The Brotherhood: Master of Ranged Weapons SoSuWriMo 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 Champion! SteelHeart
Northern Ice Queen
Yakuso, Praeas, Guardian

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:42 am

Weeeeeeeeelp. I keep doing this to myself lol -- I have an unhealthy relationship with 'Souls. I have been attempting over the past few months to find some sort of balance between the site and other hobbies and responsibilities, but I keep screwing that up and setting myself back. Taking even a very short absence has made me realize what I could feel like, with less self-imposed stress and obligations, and it's become clear to me that I need to make some changes so I don't end up burning out entirely.

I have a couple of options:
1) Drop all my characters without active/upcoming and defined plots. This would basically reduce me to Skoll, Loki, and Silas.
2) Severely cut down on my number of threads, which might mean having only one or two slow-moving threads for non-plot-intensive characters.
3) Quit entirely for a few months until I get my groove back. This isn't happening lol. :')

I would prefer the second option, as that gives me more flexibility in plots -- and I do genuinely love all my characters. However, I haven't had the discipline in the past not just picking up more threads when I have "downtime" (which inevitably overwhelm me when life gets busy again). I also don't know what threads I would necessarily drop. With either option, I feel awful about letting people down when I was so enthusiastic about these characters/threads several weeks ago. :(

Basically, I need to do something different. My self-imposed absence, though only a week long, felt like this great weight lifted off my shoulders for a moment. I still want 'Souls to be part of my life, but it isn't healthy for me to stress out about it as much as I have been. :/
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:03 am

Hey you have to do what's best for you! That could be any of those options! I think you absolutely should do what works to ease the stress since souls should be for fun, not stress (hello pot calling kettle black). <3
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am

What Gen said - you need to do what's best for you and what will enable you to enjoy 'Soulsing, even if it's a reduced amount of 'Soulsing.
You might feel like you're letting people down but I'm sure we'd all prefer some Raze to no Raze and a happy Raze to a stressed Raze!
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 am

What Gen and Rat said, you gotta do the best thing you can, and whether that means dropping a lot of characters or dropping a lot of threads - it's all good! Don't let Souls become your addiction rather than your hobby.
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace
Luperci Conserje, Cocinero Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:42 am

As others have already said, you do what you feel will allow you to get more joy and less stress out of 'Souls. Take this for what its worth, but a couple things I usually consider when I'm trying to weigh whether or not to drop down to fewer characters is that:
1) I can always pick them back up
2) I can always play them in LASKY if I feel like it
3) I could attach them to another active character if it makes sense to

Its a hard decision to make, but ultimately you should be happy roleplaying and not feel stressed out about it. Whether or not it disappoints people, you need to do you so 'Souls doesn't end up becoming a burden on you. <333

Loners
Wolfdog
Mandi
Moderator Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark Little Bandit
can you pull down the dawn?

POSTED: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 pm

I'm dropping a majority of my characters. Most of them have few to no active threads left, thanks to many of them dying during my absence, so I hope this will not affect anyone too severely when it comes to plots and things. I'm open to discussing OOC assumptions, continuing threads in LASKY, and even doing "short-post" roleplay through Discord or Google Docs. I will be reaching out to thread/plot partners and leaders within the next day or two. I'm not 100% on who is being dropped or when (based on threads/plots), but I will have Skoll and one SL character at minimum.

It's just become obvious to me that I need a drastic adjustment, and I'm going for it lol. Thanks for everyone's support and patience as I attempted to figure this out. :) <3 The 'Soulsters are the reason I want to stick around.

e: I'm now down to Skoll, Embla, and Clover -- whoa!
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Absences & Player Updates