Stubs?

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 pm

This may go more properly in the Wiki forum, but it's more of a question about the wiki versus an idea about a page for the wiki.

I've been going through and editing categories from the Templates page, because a lot of people (myself included) forget to change the categories to ones that fit their character. So I decided to do the same thing in the Stubs... but then I got to thinking.

What constitutes a Stub? Obviously if there's a line or two of text and maybe a picture or a small family tree, that's a stub, but what about something like this page: http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Ch ... onDeLePoer that has a full appearance, personality, and all that? Should it be categorized so it's more easily findable?
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie
Luperci Pupsitter White Knight Rage, rage against the dying of the light

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:53 pm

I think it just depends on the person. That is still technically a stub because there is probably a lot of info missing that would require some digging. In your example, there is no history, which I would definitely constitute as stub worthy.
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:36 pm

I'll probably move this to the wiki forum since it is like... more for people who do work on the wiki than a general question, if that makes sense? Someone can override me and move it back but idk. xD

I do think that it can differ between people? IMO, when I think of stub, I think of the really old Bleeding Souls profiles as well as the super-tiny wiki pages where not a lot of information has been filled out. I feel like... if a page is filled out the most it possibly can from the information available, it's "complete" and not a stub? But in your example, like... if the player is inactive and the actual forum profile + other info isn't available, then it can't really be filled out.

I think the purpose of categorizing stubs is to kind of go "hey, we need more info on this character, help us fill it out." So that can be going through old posts to figure out what that character did that was of note or just copypasta from the profile, etc. I know another example you mentioned to me is a character I'm in the process of writing a page for, and like... I have it as a stub so that I can kind of note that it's incomplete? *shruuuuug*

Idk, we'd have to get others' opinions to get a consensus on this I think. :o

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Since this is going in the wiki forum what in the name of all that's holy did I do to the categories on this page? I copied them to look like a sibling's, and now some are duplicated. If I restore where I put them in before, they're -all- duplicated.

http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Ch ... irebringer

Edit: I'm putting together a doc of ones that I'm not sure about, leaving ones that are super-tiny alone. I'll link it here once I've gone through the list. xD
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Callum Knight wrote:Since this is going in the wiki forum what in the name of all that's holy did I do to the categories on this page? I copied them to look like a sibling's, and now some are duplicated. If I restore where I put them in before, they're -all- duplicated.

http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Ch ... irebringer

Edit: I'm putting together a doc of ones that I'm not sure about, leaving ones that are super-tiny alone. I'll link it here once I've gone through the list. xD

You actually had two different category lines/lists?? You put one right under the character "blurb" near the top, which I assume is the one you were trying to copy over. Technically category shit can go anywhere, but it's best to keep it at the bottom. Because you had two of some things, it showed up twice on those things.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:58 pm

...How did I do that? *shrugs* I didn't mean to! I know they usually go at the bottom. xD
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie

POSTED: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:16 am

Okay, here's the document I made. There's probably inconsistencies even from one to the next. And now I'm going to bed.
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie

POSTED: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:16 am

Okay, here's the document I made. There's probably inconsistencies even from one to the next. And now I'm going to bed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HgN ... sp=sharing
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie

Wiki Collaboration