"Spoiler" box?

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Is there any way to put something on a wiki page under a hidden tab? You'd click a button and it would open and close, revealing the information.

Tansy's history is a doozy and I love it, but it also makes it difficult to scroll down to important stuff. Like his thread log. :I

I could make a separate history/thread log page (for example, like Raze has for Vesper), but it'd still look really cluttered. Help?

Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Yep! There's a way to do it!

Where you want the button to show, simply put:
Code: Select all
(:toggle hide IDNAME button:)

For what information you want to hide, at the beginning of it, put:
>>id=IDNAME<<

And, at the END of what you're trying to hide, put:
>><<

For the "IDNAME," it can be whatever you want it to be so long as the button and the "id=" part have the same "IDNAME". This is so the button knows which part of the code it's supposed to hide when you toggle it. The ending code (>><<) tells the page where to stop "hiding" information in relation to that button.

So, for example, I want to hide Skana's "At Souls" history, so it'd look like this:
!!!At ‘Souls (:toggle hide AtHistory button:)
>>id=AtHistory<<

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque iaculis nunc eu volutpat pulvinar. Nam et nulla nisl. Nunc efficitur, mi vitae mattis sodales, lacus felis consequat erat, quis convallis lectus sem in dui. Nunc varius, urna eget fringilla rhoncus, enim diam bibendum dolor, at gravida risus risus id purus. Phasellus iaculis orci non ligula cursus, at suscipit erat sodales. Nullam pellentesque consectetur semper. Etiam vel fringilla ipsum. Curabitur feugiat nulla ipsum, id congue metus commodo nec. Mauris leo nunc, consectetur et iaculis sed, lacinia sed enim. Maecenas euismod purus volutpat malesuada condimentum. Nam viverra nisl ullamcorper ante lacinia posuere sodales eget diam. Vestibulum tincidunt mi in luctus molestie. Aliquam lobortis lorem non ipsum imperdiet, vel molestie leo malesuada. Phasellus eu euismod orci, et porttitor quam. Nam mattis est eget congue placerat. Proin pellentesque cursus hendrerit.

>><<

Hope my explanation helps x3
Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:58 pm

OOPS. Shadowposted by Songbird, her explanation is more thorough so I went ahead and erased mine. ^^

On another note -- this is why I keep the ToC in (and I added it to Tansy's real fast to show you, but you can remove it if you'd like obvs). I know a lot of people nowadays remove the Table of Contents, but it makes it far easier to scroll down to a certain section, especially if all the sections are long. That's why I strongly prefer keeping it in pages since it makes it easier for others. It might make it easier if you need to look down at his thread log real fast -- you can just click "threads" in the Table of Contents and it brings you down there. :>

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Thank you so much! It works great! c:

EDIT: I honestly forgot that was a thing, though it's so useful on other wiki pages. Thank you, Raze!

Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Another note on tables of contents - if you wind up having a big one or if it just messes up your formatting, you can clear everything so that nothing surrounds the table of contents on the right. It would look like tables of contents on Wikipedia. Just use this code:
(:toc:) [[<<]]

That makes it look like this.
I find it pretty handy when the 'appearance' section follows the TOC directly, since those can get complex with a lot of tables and images and they don't always wrap properly.

Wiki Collaboration