Deleting the Holocaust wiki page?

POSTED: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:56 pm

I feel as though the Holocaust family wiki page is too similar to the Massacre family wiki page, so I was thinking of just deleting it. :> The category could remain, but the only difference between the two pages is the litter of puppies Asphyxia Holocaust had with Skoll a few years ago.

Would there be any reason to keep it up? I don't see much point, but I figured I'd throw the question out there to see what folks thought. :P

POSTED: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Hm. I don't think it's a big deal to keep around since they are technically two different families, but yeah, they basically get combined at generation 1 and have one difference.

If the issue is page maintenance, you might consider simply stating family origins, etc, on the Holocaust page, then linking to the Massacre family page for the litter list with a note that they're basically the same. And then listing the oddball litter by itself on the Holocaust page?
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Yeah, I guess my line of thinking is that in-game, the differences between the Addiction and Massacre families were pretty pronounced, whereas the Holocaust family's background was more relevant offboard.

Though, I like the idea of making the Holocaust page more of a stub than a full article. Page maintenance is a bit of a consideration since the three families were intertwined offboard to explain the names. I don't mind maintaining the Massacre and Addiction pages, but I think keeping a short article to explain the differences and then link to the Massacre page would be a good solution :3

POSTED: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Moved to wiki collaboration. Feel free to move back if itQ&H was really the right place for it. xD

I like the stub idea as well since it allows for the difference but doesn't cause double updates where things are the same.

Myst
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks, Myst!

Also, I finally did this after forgetting about it over and over again. @_@ The Holocaust page is no more, hurrah! Now it is a beautiful stub :')

Lil Skelly avatar by Trophy!

The Cartel
El Guyo
Tammi
Luperci They stole my dirty socks... :(

Wiki Collaboration