When an NPC gets a Soul! CdC & More

Howland Threads!

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 am

Hello folks!

Well, it looks like this long-time NPC has finally found a Soul to fill his shoes, and it's time to get some threads! Howland will still be the quiet, stoic, no-nonsense grump you remember him being as the NPC, just now he will be a bit more active. ;) I have given him a history, and plan to leap into character development through exploration of his painful past, while finding some in-RP obstacles to overcome. He will still be a constant figure at the borders, guarding the perimeter, and you are still free to have him be a background NPC in your threads when you pass the borders, need to mention a guard, etc. He will still serve the same jobs/functions as before and his habits and routine won't change, so he's still very much a useful piece of the background, but will just have active threads now, too!

Possible threads include but not limited to...
-Sparring. He fights with a glaive.
-Your char walks around while Howland glares.
-Hunting.
-Your char sneezes while Howland glares.
-Border patrol & skirmishes.
-Your char farts while Howland glares.
-Rank threads, if you need someone to be there to help you gain a rank or co-rank.
-Howland glares while your char plays chess.
-Something something horse something.
-Howland glares.

LEMME KNOW IF U WAN THREDD!
Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 am

Once Howland gets accepted, perhaps we could do something with him and Idrieus? Knowing there's more packs down to the South, she's looking to gather some information on CdC, but she sure can fight. Besides, CdC and SL have never really seen eye to eye, but he may not know about them. If anything, perhaps she could get some information but have it bring on some kind of fight?
Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Apprentice
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning Salsola's Top Poster!
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:49 pm

2 offers:
Minerva training staff vs glaive
Luca scouting the border possibly with pups, brings Howland along for an extra set of eyes? (He hasn't been out by the border much since the pups were born, so this would give him the opportunity to scent and mark up some stuff :) )

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Ambassador (SP), Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 pm

- Your char walks around while Howland glares.
- Your char sneezes while Howland glares.
- Your char farts while Howland glares.
- Howland glares.
- Your char farts while Howland glares.

So yeah; totally throwing Munroe in the deep end and grabbing all the glares from Howland and directing them towards this guy here? Though I have only a vague idea / suggestion in regards to a thread, a unwitting volunteer for some task or something already on your list that you would prefer dealers choice
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Sam

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Alrighty! Yay! He’s all titled up and rarin’ to go!

@Salena – I would be happy to, however I’m not sure what information she could get from him. He is very tight-lipped and would keep most of his words closed off, unless it were something that is already/will eventually become common knowledge like Lyris’ passing. Any ideas?

@Melissa – Ok, I really really want this thread with him and Luca, because I want a painfully awkward “I’m here for you bro” moment… Howland style. And yes, all the staff stuff. You want to start one and I’ll do the other?

@Sam - *cackles* Poor guy. I’m game. Is there something they may be unexpectedly thrown together to do? I don’t know much about Munroe and there isn’t a lot online, so throw some words at me about what he does and we can see if we can find a setting for them. I’ll need to establish a mount for him, find him a hobby, I know on one hand he’ll like books and classic literature but he generally HIDES that…. Ideas?
Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 pm

The requirements for Director simply state gaining information from every active pack, using any form of manner. I assume by that it can be any kind of information, big and small. Lyris' death could be something to latch onto of some significance in this case if you'd like to go with that.
Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Apprentice
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning Salsola's Top Poster!
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:03 am

@Salena - Okay, sounds good! Do you want to start?

Also, to everyone, I made an AW thread up for grabs! If you want to use it for one of our ideas, just snag it with a post. Otherwise, we can make separate threads for the things we've discussed here.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=36088
Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 am

HOW DOES HE FEEL ABOUT ANATHEMANS??
*Cackles*
Avi is in the process of learning (read as spying) about other packs so maybe some glaring and stuff?
Or something

Anathema
Bathin Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor, Comunis The pages of my story are torn and frayed
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:12 am

Well I certainly like the idea about Munroe helping Howland with finding a mount - since he wants to learn a little more about them in general anyway if he himself has any hopes of eventually trying to ride one himself one day.

ALSO I like the one with Howlands potential love of books and such, since although I haven't put into Munroe's wiki he is able to read to a certain degree but not quite the harder stuff. So maybe with this Howlands gives Munroe the evil eye because he dares to ask help with some tough reading?
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Sam

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Could you start it for us? I gotta catch up on my own hoard of replies ^^;
Faith de le Poer

Inferni
Civilis
Salena
Luperci Spiritualist Chaos Star

Thread Requests & Plotting