Calling all Courtiers

help a puppy out

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Hey all! As some of you might've noticed, a little Spanish Wolfdog has joined the Court, and he is in some serious need of loving.

You can pop over here here to get a full idea of his character, but to summarize, he's a seven-month-old kid who lived with his mother in poverty in Merrick and Portland, and they immigrated up to 'Souls for a better life. He's blind and she found it hard to find work and take care of her disabled kid cause she didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone for very long. She got sick along the way and left him at the borders of the Court. He now has a complex about assimilating into the Court's culture and not showing any weakness because his mother told him to be strong and to live a better life than they were before. He's actually just a terrified little kid who needs meaningful relationships in his life and support, but he does his best to hide it. He also gets really insecure when others bring up his blindness because it always alienated him from others. He'd rather pretend he's no different from anyone. It'll take him a while to actually face his past, his mother, and his disability head-on, but for now, he feels comfortable repressing it.

I'm open to any threads that come to mind based on his story or your character's stories, so feel free to hit me up here or pm me if you have any ideas. If you're stuck, some possible ideas include:

- Meeting other kids his age! This would really help him get comfortable and maybe help him start to feel normal again
- Learning English! He can only speak Spanish atm, and that will be very problematic in the future if he doesn't start learning ASAP
- Making friends! Maybe Courtiers aren't so different from himself after all
- Talking some things out. Maybe an older character might see through his mask and try to get him to open up a bit, or maybe just lend a few words of support. He won't admit it, but he could really use something like that. A good hug can go a long way for a scared little kid.
- Learning a new skill! Painting, hanging around animals, music, you name it! It might help Cidro keep his mind off things and find an outlet for his emotions. If he can't be vulnerable in words, maybe he can be vulnerable through something else

Thanks <3
Cidro Amato de la Peña
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Abby
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Hibiki's freshly new to the Court as well. I'd love to have a thread together. He doesn't know Spanish, but maybe he can help in some way?
Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Sounds great ^^

Actually, having him try to communicate with someone who doesn't speak any Spanish might be good for him. Maybe he can try to learn some English on the spot or try to find another way to get around the language barrier. He's gotta start somewhere!

Maybe they could bump into each other somewhere like the stables (I think after his thread with Odalis he might start taking a liking to the horses there) and Cidro might try to ask him to help him with something but have to find a way how to communicate. If that sounds good, let me know who you'd rather start the thread.
Cidro Amato de la Peña
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Abby
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Kalypso is Queen and knows some Spanish but is more fluent in English and French. She's also super preggo with babies and could be a fun hormonal monster to meet!
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Sounds like A Time™, I'm definitely down. What places does she usually hang around so I can know where to set the thread?
Cidro Amato de la Peña
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Abby
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 am

I have Skoll! He's essentially the charming but kind of douchey jock type. He has two young puppies right now that Cidro could meet! He would probably feel some paternal instinct toward Cidro but also be ridiculously awkward about his blindness, language, etc. xD He doesn't like talking about feelings, but he can show support and comfort in other ways.
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:09 am

Kaly is anywhere but most often at the hotel or at the ongoing construction site c:
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for joining my all welcome ! Odalis is going to love little Cidro :D
Salsola
The Guardian
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite Salsola's Top Poster!
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:50 am

That all sounds good to me. Biki could be taking Soot to the stables and they could run into each other. I can start the thread since he's up next on my list of starting.
Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:49 pm

A thread with Skoll sounds lovely! Playing with some pups and an awkward dad sounds like just what he needs to settle in and loosen up a bit. If you could start a thread for us I'd be really really thankful!

I'll start a thread with Kaly soon! Cidro will probably be curious about the construction so maybe I'll have him snoop around there haha.

I'll reply to Hibiki's thread as soon as I have time! Can't wait for them to meet, it's the first thing on my writing to-do list ^-^

Thanks so much guys! That should be more than enough threads to keep me busy for the next little while. If anyone has any future thread ideas with Cidro, feel free to PM me and we'll work something out <3
Cidro Amato de la Peña
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Abby
Luperci