Bite Me

Tzila

POSTED: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

ooc chat goes here [547]

It was truly just common sense what a good job, or rank, would be for the diminutive Damaichu woman. She was tiny and she was fast, she could run, jump, and climb with ease. Being naturally excitable, most of the weight of her pregnancy had melted right off her body, save for more voluptuous breasts – but that was only natural, as she still fed her children milk. It would not be long until they were fully weaned, though, and she would be completely back to her natural, athletic self.

It had been some time since her fight in the fall with that smelly coyote, Izual, and Kiss Me was feeling rather rusty and ready for a stretch. So, leaving Lazarus and Braith asleep in their room in the estate, Moon Moon put on a pair of slashed black pants and her tank top, and wandered on out of the building. The cold did not bother her one bit, even in this bare clothing she wore, as the strongest vein of wolf blood she had came from her grandmother Orin, a pure Tundra wolf. Her own thick pelt reflected her heritage, and it had filled out considerably with the coming of the chilly months.

Whistling to herself and swinging Kiss Me back and forth happily, she meandered through the snow towards the training grounds. She had only seen the place once or twice, and had never used them, but it was never too late to start.

When she reached the grounds and entered the main work field, her aqua eyes scanned over the sight carefully. There were things here she did not even know what to do with. Barrels, bales of hay, stacks of wooden boxes, and wooden statues that were very poor representations of evil Luperci. She chuckled at them, and, amusing herself, she pulled a piece of charcoal out of her pocket and padded up to one. It's “head” was blank, so she drew an ugly face with big, fat eyebrows and large, pointed teeth. When her little doodle was complete she laughed, then pinned her ears back and growled at it.

Yer never gonna get me! she yelled, and swung Kiss Me at the dummy. Grunting, she smacked the dummy with her trusty bat two or three times before she dropped the tip of Kiss Me to the ground and leaned against the upright bat. Yawning, she muttered, Ehh... yer borin' me t'day Kiss Me... then she dropped the bat completely and began wandering the grounds, rummaging through barrels and boxes to see if there was anything more interesting she could filch.

In due time, the small wolfess found two small blades in a box. They had been discarded there, likely because they were dull and oxidized. Moon Moon picked them up and examined them, feeling their weight and the grip of the hilt. A small, devious smile peeled back on Moon's muzzle, and her eyes flicked up to peer at the evil training dummy across the yard.

H'yaa! she grunted as she flung both blades at it. The attempt was anticlimactic, though, as one blade missed the dummy completely and fell flat in the dirt, the other's handle glancing off the wood and falling at the dummy's feet. Puh... those were dumb anyway...

Table template by ?, artwork by Dirty Scoundrel, edits by Nukii.

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Slowly but surely, things seemed to finally cool down around the pack. Rowtag, Hibiki and Bartlov were starting to get around from whatever it was on what they drank, the slavers had been dealt with, Krokar had taken back their own people to look after them, and she was going through all the goods hidden away in the slaver's hideout that the two packs split between them, cataloguing them for the pack storage, among other things. Soon thing would go back to normal, and the happy and relieved atmosphere would return to normal around the Estate.

With less worrying to occupy her time during the day, Tzila was reminded that she was more than a librarian. Fighting and killing had brought back her other side back to mind, reminded her of where her roots lied. Among dark caverns, stone halls and rituals whispered in the night. She had the blood of warriors in her veins, and while her training had served her well in the fighting, she had felt rusty at the edges. She could have done better.

So here she was, marching into the chilly day, her dark longbow slung over her shoulder, quiver and daggers attached to her belt. But now there were additions to the leather piece: five little bone daggers, smooth and sharp, with wrapped twine around their grip so they wouldn't slip from her fingers before it was time. Tzila had worked on them the previous summer, trying to bring back her bone carving skills after so long without practicing. At first she was trying to make some tools for her book binding work, and she got a little carried away. Not that it was a bad thing, because now he had throwing daggers to practice with.

The Napier had picked a different top today, not her usual shoulderless ones. This one wrapped around her back and tied behind her neck, tight against her chest so keep her breasts out of the way of the archer sleeve. It was just an improvised thing, made of some buckskin wraps, the shoulder harness of an old set of armor that no longer fit her, and a bracer she borrowed from the pack storage. She'd have to find someone to make her a more refined version of this when she could find the time. Coupled with her red wool skirt, and her tied up hair, she cut a rather imposing figure.

And just as she turned the path to the training grounds, she cold hear someone going at it against one of the dummies. Raising a brow at the sudden stop of the noises, she picked up the pace, and found none other than Moon Moon shouting out and tossing two rusty knives at the dummy, to a spectacularly sad effect. Tzila blinked at the unharmed dummy, the new face the Damaichu must have given it almost drawing a snort of laughter from her. Instead, she took a deep breath and cleared her throat. "I'd score it a three out of ten. Could use a little more 'umph' on that throw." She spoke from a respectful distance, both hands resting on her hips.
Tzila Napier
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Nina
I only procrastinate and yell at Kitty
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:31 am

ooc chat goes here [322]

Moon Moon had no idea anybody had approached because she was making too much noise herself, and was preoccupied with insulting the training dummy. So when Tzila spoke politely the woman jumped, bumped into the training dummy, and then jumped again and windmill slapped it a few dozen times until she realized it was just the fake foe and not some wooden brigand come to life. About as fluffed out as a frightened pussy cat, Moon's wide, molten gold eyes turned to Tzila, and the woman was caught between the urge to laugh and the urge to cry. An awkward sob came out of her before she managed to regain some crumb of her dignity and brush herself off, taming her feathery fur just a bit.

Tzila, I didn't see ya there, she croaked, trying to sound excited. It's not that she wasn't happy to see a friendly face, but even for Moon Moon that was an embarrassing moment. She tried to play cool, to let it go so her nerves weren't frayed the entire time... but it didn't help that she thought Tzila was really pretty, so it was hard to act very smooth around her.

Yeah well, she started, answering back to the rating the gray woman gave the display. She bent down to retrieve the rusty knives. I like ta make it realistic, y'know? Like, pretendin' I was on horseback 'er somethin', and I ain't never done that so I wasn't real good at it.

She meandered over to Tzila and held the rusty blades up to her, completely unaware that she had a set of her own. D'ya wanna try? I bet yer first try'd be somethin' like mine, she wasn't really trying to challenge her or question her ability, she was just trying to recover from the moment. It was a silly thing to say, though, not knowing what kind of skills her fellow pack mate possessed.

Table template by ?, artwork by Dirty Scoundrel, edits by Nukii.

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

POSTED: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Tzila had noticed the younger woman had been distracted, but she didn't expect the scene that unfolded at her entrance. She could only watch with a hanging jaw as Moon Moon tired to fend off the terrible foe that was the wooden dummy she had just been harassing, and then then try to school her expression as bright blue eyes turned to her with surprise almost as genuine as her own. To be frank, Tzila wasn't too sure on what to think of the Damaichu, they haven't spent too much time together yet, save that one afternoon at the bar. She was funny enough and good company, her eccentric personality not too much of a deviation in her eyes. She had grown up in Anathema, after all, surrounded by much freakier characters.

She tried to muffle her giggles, she really did, but even her hand over her grin couldn't hold back the laughter bubbling right out of her, in rather undignified snorts and huffs. But Moon Moon looked far too much like a deer in headlights, and she couldn't help it. Besides, after all the trouble Sapient and herself had gotten into he past few months, she needed to unwind somehow from the tension. She was still bruised beneath her nebulous fur, memories of that Infernian nightmare fiercely stomped down on daily. No, she refused to dwell on it.

Instead, she focused to the white woman as she went on about the rusty knives she found and about letting Tzila have a go at them. The Napier did take the offered weapon, a light frown on her face as she looked at it. Damn it, who let it get in this condition? If this was one of the pack knives, she'd have to talk to Tierney and Naenia about it. They were warriors, and the training grounds were their responsibility as far as she was concerned. If anything, maybe Leonardo could use the scrap metal in the forge. Still sad to see things go into such disrepair, but oh well. She just looked back at the woman before her and gave her a lopsided smile and tossed the knife over her shoulder; it was scrap anyways. Instead, her fingers fished two of her own bone daggers from her belt, and showed it to her.

"Actually, it's not really my first time. But it has been a while, that's basically the same, right?" She asked, her voice a bit too velvety to be talking just about the knife-throwing skill. But the Damaichu got so flustered around her, she couldn't help but tease her a little bit. Tzila moved past the white woman and took position, centering her stance and keeping her body loose. Lemon eyes fixed on her target, she threw her arm forward in a confident jerk, letting the blade slip from her fingers. It didn't land on the face like she had planned, instead catching low on the wooden belly. The second blade was still between her knuckles, but instead of throwing it, she offered it to Moon Moon. "And sorry for startling you, wasn't my plan. Give it another go. Don't stretch out your arm and lock your elbow, and throw with your elbow and wrist, not your shoulder." She said in a mild voice, like she was reciting a quote from a book. Which wasn't a far stretch, since most of her pointer in knife throwing were from a journal some previous member has left in the library.
Tzila Napier
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 pm

The siren calls you to run with the wolf
Word Count → 490 :: OOC

The pretty, silver woman that Moon so admired took the proffered blade – if it could even be called that anymore – and inspected it with a perfunctory eye, and almost at once Moon noted her reproach. The white wolf frowned when she noticed it and then looked shocked when Tzila tossed it over her shoulder. Moon made a weak lurch to grapple for the thing, but she would have had to plow through Tzila to catch it and likely would have gotten tetanus for the attempt anyway so it was better that it plopped unceremoniously into the snow. Moon Moon looked simultaneously sad and worried until she saw the movement of Tzila's hand as it came back up with the twin bone knives. Her ears perked with delight as Tzila made the offhand “first time” remark.

Moon Moon snickered like a school girl. Yeah, I'd say yer right, she whispered in a clandestine fashion, easily picking up on the innuendo. I can't even remember tha last time fer me so maybe I gotta new first time comin', too. She chuckled. Most likely, Tzila would realize that it was an odd thing for a mother of a couple pups to say; after all, they were evidence that it hadn't been ages for the white wolf. But if Tzila knew the story of their conception – that there was no man and they were just put there by fairy magic – she might understand.

Aqua eyes followed the blade as it left Tzila's slate hand and embedded itself into the “stomach” of the training dummy. Moon flinched and held both hands on the same part of herself, hissing with empathy for the dummy. Ohh, yer opponent's gonna be hurtin', but I think that'd still stop 'em at least. When she looked at Tzila again, she was holding one of the blades out to her.

She perked up happily and took the offered weapon, grinning toothily. Ooooh thank ya! she chirped as she accepted the blade, then held it following Tzila's instruction. Her form was far from perfect but at least she was giving it an honest try. Alright, elbow wrist, not shoulder, she repeated as she shuffled her feet to get into a comfortable stance. Moon stared the dummy down for some time, probably an awkwardly long time, before finally her arm flicked and the knife soared from her fingertips... and though she had tried to take Tzila's instructions and apply it to her body, her shoulder still managed to step in and ruin things. She jerked the joint oddly to propel her arm, and it just made the knife fly wide and miss the dummy altogether.

Moon frowned and snorted her displeasure, and resignedly she padded toward the dummy and retrieved both knives and held them back out to their owner. I guess I'm gonna need a whole barrel of knives ta get any good ad it, she muttered dolefully.

Template by Kitty, edits by Nuki, image Deposit Photos.

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

POSTED: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 am

475 Tzila, stop lowkey flexing your arms for Moon Moon xD

Something she found endlessly amusing and endearing about Moon Moon was, she's always so expressive. Every single feeling is blown out ten fold by her gestures and body language, and sometimes it made Tzila feel a bit stiff and too tight inside her own skin. Her own mannerisms were more subtle and contained, while the Damaichu woman was never afraid to flail her arms out, if she found the need to in her unique mind. Watching her go from observant to dismay to surprise to delight, and everything in between in her simple gesture of ditching that rusty, sorry excuse for a knife, for two of her own bone knives, had pretty much made her day right there. Right along with the whole show of when she surprised the other Sodalis just moments ago.

She couldn't help the little giggle that drew out of her as Moon Moon played along with her innuendo, though she was silently puzzled when she said she was on the same boat as the Napier. She had just had pups? How did that even work? After trying to figure it out, the Librarian just shook her head and let it go, it was best to just roll with it and get back on track. They took turns trying to land a hit on the dummy, every wild gesture of the girl making her smile just a little wider. Of course, eveything has a down side, and her exuberant gestures made it hard for her to reel in her own body to make a good throw. The knife ended up going way off target, missing the dummy entirely, and Tzila's face twisted in second-hand embarrassment before she schooled herself into a more neutral look while the white woman went to fetch the knives for them.

"Mm, still, points for trying." She said while Moon Moon walked back to them, and raised her hand to stop her from offering the knives back. "Maybe less a bucket, and more some frequent training." She said with a small smirk, before stepping close to Moon Moon, and very much in her personal space. "Watch closely." She muttered, and drew a third knife from her belt, using the arm closest to the Damaichu so she could see the movement. While she was no warrior and didn't have that much muscle mass, one could still see the volume on her shoulder and arms beneath skin and fur, the corded muscles of an archer. Slowing down the arc of her arm, she showed how to flick the wrist and the elbow while keeping the shoulder still. "Elbow, wrist, no shoulder." Repeating the Damaichu's own mantra, she tossed. It landed on what was the dummy's equivalent of a neck with a decisive thunk. Looking to the other woman, she pointed to the knives still in her hands. "Your turn."
Tzila Napier
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Word Count → 300+

Despite her lousy attempt at hitting her target, Tzila still encouraged her, and that alone made Moon Moon feel like trying. She wanted to succeed for herself. She wanted to succeed for her pack. And for some reason… she wanted to succeed for Tzila, too. Was it just because she wanted to please her teacher? Or was it something more?

Tzila stepped in close so her student could watch her actions carefully, and Moon leaned in even closer. There was something about the gray woman’s presence that Moon could not help but like. Perhaps it was just because she was so nice, and she noticed fewer dubious stares from Tzila than from others who thought Moon was just a nutjob. Moon’s aqua eyes followed Tzila’s hands as they moved, and tried to follow the knife as she loosed it from her grip to sever the theoretical jugular vein of the training dummy - though Tzila’s movements were so practiced and natural that Moon really didn’t see the blade again until it was sunken deep into the neck of the mannequin.

Okay… I got it, she muttered, replaying the moves in her imagination over and over and trying to will herself not to forget them. Her fingers brushed against Tzila’s as she accepted the blades from her, and then she got into place, shuffling her feet far more than necessary; the nerves of a newbie. She swapped hands – being left handed – and then raised the knife and glared down her sight… and just as she was about to throw, she dropped her hand. Nerves. Another breath, a shuffle, and she raised the blade again, peered at the dummy with narrowed blue eyes, then wriggled her fingers because her hold on the blade didn’t feel good. She chuckled at her own awkwardness, and glanced at Tzila, catching her honey-gold eyes. She dropped her hand again, looked down, and muttered gravely, Ya can do this, Moon. There’s no Loony Moony here…

Sparing another small pause, she took in a deep breath, raised her eyes and with them the blade – again. Narrowed her eyes, and then elbow! wrist! the knife zipped from her hand, split the air, and impaled the dummy’s family jewels.

Oooh! Moon squealed, and the uncharacteristically grim Moon was gone as she let out a peal of laughter. That ain’t what I’s aimin’ fer!

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 am

308 so sorry for the delay xC

Tzila had met her fair share of weirdos and freaks, especially when she had been younger. She was the daughter of one said freaks, for goodness' sake. And she had seen plenty of darkness and evil shining on the eyes of the wicked, had felt it in her own eyes a handful of times. She knew weirdness and real evil; Moon Moon was just a little bit of the later, if that. Maybe a bit eccentric, but nothing Tzila couldn't shrug off. They could hold a conversation for more than a few words without it descending into some mad spiral of incoherence or taking some truly darker turn. That still counted as normal, in Tzila's book.

She showed no sign of minding how close the Damaichu was, because in truth, she didn't. The Librarian didn't go out of her way to avoid people, but she made no effort to seek out being close either. Those blue eyes focusing on her movements, to her every advice, it almost made her smile, She was glad to see all the woman's enthusiasm going into bettering herself, regardless of what her motives might be. Tzila could appreciate people who made a clear effort onwards whatever they wanted to achieve, and she was more than glad to help. She watched with endless patience as Moon Moon struggled to get the posture and movement right, muttering to herself and everything. Well, whatever worked for her.

And it did, sort of. Tzila grinned even through her wince as she saw where the knife had landed, even chuckling a bit at Moon Moon's reaction. "Oh, well, it was still a hit, so nice job, Moon Moon!" The Napier congratulated the pale woman, patting her shoulder encouragingly with a wide, rather proud grin. "Keep at it, and you'll land it where you want it, in no time!"
Tzila Napier
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I figured it was coming to an end... time-jumped ahead a little bit. This can end... however it ends... ;)Word Count → 200+

Despite not landing the weapon quite where she desired, Tzila still praised her and that was enough to make her as happy as a pup. Her tail began swishing happily and she gave her silver friend a big grin full of pride. With her encouragement, she felt a renewed sense of determination and motivation. After a brief celebration, she retrieved her weapon and with Tzila's help she tried the move several times over. For a while she did alright, as well as could be expected for a newbie like her. But after a time, her arm grew tired and numb, and every fling of the knife missed. She began to look dejected and sad, tail low and ears tipped back, eyes wide and watery. Finally, she turned her dismayed gaze to Tzila after missing almost ten times in a row.

I dunno what's happenin', she said sadly. It was like I was gettin' good, then I just can't do it anymore. I suck. With that she threw the knife into the snow – and by some miracle missed both of their feet – and sank into the muddy snow with it. She stared blankly into the snow for a moment, hoping Tzila would come comfort her.

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

Dead Topics