Questions about design auctions and art stuff

POSTED: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 am

So I was thinking of doing art stuff and I have some questions about things.

First of all, I was thinking of doing a design auction. But I don't know if I have to draw my own template or I could just use a template. I'm just selling the design, not the actual line art, but on a few it says that you can't sell them for money. And what if it doesn't say anything about selling it? Can I use it?

Secondly, could I ask about free art programs? All I use is GIMP, but are there any other free or really cheap art programs that I could use?

Lastly, I want to get a graphics/drawing tablet. I'm looking for one under fifty dollars. Any suggestions? Tips?

Thanks!

Silverfrost
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 am

If the creator of the template allows its use in design sales, then you may do so. If they do not specify, you should ask them. If you do not get a response, assume that it is a no.

I've heard FireAlpaca's pretty good, but haven't used it myself.

The Monoprice tablet is probably your best bet for budget tablet. I've seen them as low as $35?
ALAINEY DREW THIS
av by me; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 pm

Kyrios Lykoi wrote:If the creator of the template allows its use in design sales, then you may do so. If they do not specify, you should ask them. If you do not get a response, assume that it is a no.

I've heard FireAlpaca's pretty good, but haven't used it myself.

The Monoprice tablet is probably your best bet for budget tablet. I've seen them as low as $35?

Well, I think I figured out how to draw a lineart and get it on my computer! But I'll keep that in mind just in case.

And I love the suggestions! I've had my eye on Fireware and I think I might try it!

Silverfrost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 am

I have the Huion P608N tablet, and it works just fine for me! The price is also on the lower end :)

I'm also seconding FireAlpaca; it's a really great starter program for beginners (like me :DDD) There's an amazing youtuber named LeslieLu Marie who makes great tutorial videos on how to use it!

Art Help and Discussion