Questions about art things

Warning; lots of questions D:

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 am

Now that I have enough spare money, and i like to draw all the characters in the world on paper, when I roleplay with people lol. I'm looking for suggestions on what program I can/should use? My brother is getting me a photoshop program or likewise so I can use his computer. (I'm a photographer in my spare time and will be photographing his wedding, lol so I asked for a program to edit pictures and stuff) he is stumped when it comes to programs to use, as am I!

I have heard good things about Photoshop, but is that really a good starting program to use if I'm not very versed in the drawing field on a tablet/computer? Also, where would I go to get/use free line art if I wanted to make and sell a few designs as well??

Also, what's a good tablet to use? My price range is between like 35-75$ for tablet.

Thanks guys, sorry for all the questions! :P
fear my mighty wrath

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:01 pm

There are some tablet and program recommendations here: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=31507

I have only done photo editing professionally in photoshop so I'm not sure how other programs would do with that.
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer IT'S SO FLUFFY

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Alright awesome!

As for Photoshop that's what my brother said too. What Photoshop do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
Carya is always in Optime, unless otherwise stated

Carya is usually accompanied by her horses unless otherwise stated

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Monoprice sells good tablets at reasonable prices. I have one that I love more than any wacom. cost 50 bucks, I can't use it anymore cause I have a new PC system but never gave me issues in 6 years or more.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Okay cool I'll give it a look see for sure :)

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:26 pm

I did photo editing years ago while working for a photo studio, so I don't remember which version that was, but it's so old you don't want it anymore, lol. I currently have PS CC 2017 through work (I can install once at home for free) and I like it. I haven't used it a lot though so I can't say how I'd like it for photo editing.
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer IT'S SO FLUFFY

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Lucille wrote:I did photo editing years ago while working for a photo studio, so I don't remember which version that was, but it's so old you don't want it anymore, lol. I currently have PS CC 2017 through work (I can install once at home for free) and I like it. I haven't used it a lot though so I can't say how I'd like it for photo editing.

I'll look into that, for sure as well. And that's pretty cool about the fact that you can install it at home for free! My brother has an Alienware computer so I believe it will be compatible.

Art Help and Discussion