A New Start

Joining

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:34 pm

The silver jackal in Optime form stood next to her larger, dark-furred Luperci companion, Jarix who also stood in Opime form and wore a black jacket and dark grey jeans. She shivered in her green anorak and cargo pants. Behind them stood their pony, Jasper. They were lucky that there was a ship. She thought about the crew, they had been very kind to them.

She had decided to join the Midnight Shores pack after she had heard from another loner that they would be a good pack to join. The trio stood at the territory's southeastern border. Avinalora's ears flicked as she tried to hear the sound of Luperci approaching and her sensitive nose scented the air, trying to discern when the last border patrol had passed through. Part of her worried that she would be turned away because of her handicaps; she barely had any vision, she was only twelve inches tall in Lupus form, and her left hind leg was nearly useless. The other part said that the pack would accept a healer and a scholar.

"Do you know what to do?" Jarix asked as he sat down. Jarix was like her brother, and she knew that he would be accepted immediately. He was a large European Jackal-wolf-coyote with black fur and teal eyes. He seemed normal despite his fur coloring. Avinalora, on the other hand, had silver fur and green eyes, which was weird on a jackal.

"All my mother told me was to submit and act non-threatening" Avinalora finally replied after a long pause.

"Should we howl?" Jarix asked.

"You should do it since your howl would carry farther than mine." Avinalora responded and then re-checked the saddlebags. Jarix nodded and let out a loud howl.
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:02 am

Welcome! ^_^

--------------------------------------------

The ship did not bring newcomers to their shores at irregular periods. Esmeralda knew when the ship was likely to be docked with potential visitors. She made a point to either be nearby herself around that time or to have someone else near at that time. So when the call came, there was only a slight delay between when the canine called and when someone greeted them.

The call this time came and she was nearby. Her tail twitched briefly before she began to walk toward the sound. Her ears were up, tail high, body language speaking to her rank. Though her tail was not higher than her back, since she was in her Optime form. Esme held her bow loosely at her side, not feeling threatened by a pair of jackals that had made a point to call for them. One was also rather runty in stature. A pony was there, too, and she thought she spotted a cat during her initial glance as well.

"You called?" she said, leaving the air open for introductions, their purpose, their value.

POSTED: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Avinalora's ears pricked as she heard a Luperci approach them. Immediately, her bottlebrush tail curled between her legs and her large ears started to lower. Her anxiety started to take over. Her heartbeat quickened as her mind raced with thoughts. What if they didn't accept her? What if only Jarix was accepted? A touch from her wrist brought her back to reality and she looked into Jarix's teal eyes.

Noticing her reaction, Jarix scanned the surrounding area before he spotted her. A female in Optime form was walking towards them. Her fur was cream with darker grey-brown socks. He noticed how her tail and ears were held in a dominant posture and that she had a bow.

You called?" She asked. Jarix exchanged glances with Avinalora. He would do the speaking, with Avinalora chiming in when she needed to.

"We wish to join the Midnight Shores pack. Jarix responded. He remembered that Avinalora had told him to submit, his ears lowered and his tail tucked between his legs. He also decided to tell the female their names. "I'm Jarix and this is my sister, Avinalora." He added, not wanting the misconception of the pair being mates.
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:27 pm

She waited; Esmeralda was there to listen more than to speak. It was her choice whether or not they entered the Shores or were sent packing to the mainland. More often than not, the Arcturus was the border leader. Her mother was capable of doing it, but had other duties that often took her away. Esme liked it, anyway, for the most part. It kept her fingers on the pulse of the pack's wellbeing and membership.

They glanced at each other at her question, as if silently determining who would respond. They wished to join. Well, that wasn't anything new. They were siblings. The girl didn't speak. "Can your sister not speak?" she asked with a tip of her head and a look to the female. It wasn't an unkind question, she was simply curious. Mutes were rare but they happened.

"Tell me more about your skills and why we should allow you into our pack."

POSTED: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Avinalora mentally sighed. She really should have figured out that speaking skills would be quite important in joining a pack. She took a deep breath and collected her thoughts before she spoke in her soft voice.

"I can speak but its often difficult." She said. then she glanced at Jarix before she decided to answer the female's second question. "I am a healer and I am capable of reading and writing." She said after a slight pause. She had decided to tell the female of her most important skills. A healer would be quite important and Avinalora had heard that the Midnight Shores pack had many rare herbs in the forests. Then she looked at Jarix who spoke after her.

Jarix also had to do a mental checklist of his skills. "I can hunt, make traps, fight, and I can read." he said with a slight British accent. He glanced back at Avinalora as she spoke.

Avinalora thought for a second. Why would someone let her into their pack? "I can serve in many different ranks with my skills. A scholar, a librarian, a scribe, and a medic." Then she stepped back to let Jarix speak.

"I can also serve in many different ways" Jarix said. "Mainly a hunter, but I can catch animals without harming them. I'm also good at tracking since it is an important part of trapping."

-------------------------
OOC: Sorry if this isn't the best. This is my first time doing something like this.
I also just added that Jarix has a British accent.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 pm

The girl took a deep breath before replying. It was difficult? Esme frowned slightly at the use of the word. Was there literally a physical ailment or was the girl merely disinclined? The Arcturus wasn't overly concerned, more curious. There was no reason to ask for her pack's safety. As long as it wasn't a contagion. There was no sight or scent of disease, though.

A healer, writing, reading; these were valuable skills. Particularly healing. Reading/writing were more personal skills as a general rule. It wasn't like they needed a scribe around here. At least not currently. Esme could read and write, if they needed it for some sort of message sent or reviewed.

The male said that he could hunt, trap, fight, read. A pretty typical array of skills. Nothing stood out to her in particular. They shared more about how they felt they could contribute. She tipped her head thoughtfully at their words. "Interesting skills. Where did you come from before and why have you selected Midnight Shores as a place to join?"

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Avinalora Silverfrost
"I don't know where you're going, But do you got room for one more troubled soul?"
| |
I got a new table! Also, I don't know if I'm refering to the Neutral Territories like I should.
WORD COUNT

Avinalora took a second to remember where they had traveled. She decided that she would have to speak more which was difficult for her, but not impossible. Before, the silver loner had relied on Jarix to speak for her in group situations, but if she was going to join a pack, she would have to speak more often.

"We were originally in the Western Tangles area before we started on out journey. We stayed at Sticks and Stones for a bit before coming here." Avinalora responded. "We decided on Midnight Shores after speaking with a few loners who were familliar with the packs." Then, Jarix joined the conversation after Avinalora had finished.

"Avinalora had heard about the many herbs that grow in abundance here and I liked how much freedom there was here." The darkling expressed with a slight British lilt. Avinalora nodded as she remembered how they had chosen Midnight Shores.

They already figured out that they wouldn't be accepted into Inferni. because they weren't coyote mixes. Jarix would have a hard time getting into Sasola because it was a matriarchy and that they weren't accepting any newcomers. AniWaya was crossed off the list since it was a wolf-dominant and Avinalora wasn't very spiritual. Cour des Miracles was also crossed off the list since there were many dogs, although Avinalora could be considered a "Jackal Mutt". Anathema was immediately crossed off because of Jarix's ethical reasons. Vinátta was off their list because both jackals preferred to have freedom of their ranks. choosing. Krokar was off the list because of Avinalora's inability to swim. That left the pair with three options. Midnight Shores, Casa di Cavalieri, and Sapient.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Cute table!! All looked good to me in your referencing of mutual territories. Although I am not sure if they would use the same dividing names for areas that we use. :)

I'm going to go ahead and accept you, but I'd love to continue the thread if you want. Welcome aboard!! ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------

The girl spoke again. Esme was secretly pleased by this, since she felt that it was important that the female speak if she was to be part of a pack. Although there were partnerships where one partner was louder than the other - her and Cahan, for instance - everyone needed to pull their weight in the pack. Certainly the Arcturus wasn't interested in dead weight that was going to do nothing to contribute to the wellbeing of her pack as a whole.

"Interesting. And what did they say about Midnight Shores?" she asked, wondering what loners were saying about her home. Clearly good enough things to send these two jackals to their door, but what exactly had been said to entice them? They shared a bit, but she was curious if they knew more than they had said so far.

Her tail witched slightly in thought. "Walk with me. Let's get your mount stabled and we can talk more of your use to the pack. Tell me more about yourselves."

POSTED: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Welcome to Midnight Shores!

Hello, and welcome to Midnight Shores! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a breathtaking and open place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

• Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
  • Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
  • Look at the territory page to get a feel for the land, and choose a residence for your character to live in!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

OOC Account
Sunny, Songbird

POSTED: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:39 am

Avinalora Silverfrost
"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
| |
I'd love to continue!
WORD COUNT

The pair of jackals nodded and then Avinalora turned to their horse. With a soft voice she said, "Jasper, follow." She was lucky that Jasper was an obedient horse as she nodded towards the female. As they walked, the petite argent girl had only some difficulty keeping up with the taller luperci. Not only was she short, but she also had a leg defect. Her left hind leg had an Achilles tendon defect which caused it to be taut and she could barely bend her ankle. She couldn't run in Optime form which is why she would be in Lupus form when they travelled.

The silver-furred jackal looked back at their pony. Jasper had been mainly a pack horse. But now that the duo were probably going to settle down, Jasper wouldn't be needed to carry their belongings. Jasper may be happier in a stable with other horses and not having to always be moving. It had been a long journey here and Avinalora considered letting Jasper live in the stables. But, it felt like she was putting the young stallion in retirement. So, she decided to ask a question.

"Do you have any work openings for horses?" She asked.

As the moonwashed maiden thought about the future of their equine friend, her ebony hued was thinking of something else. He was thinking about where they were going to live. Knowing that Avinalora would want it close to the Avalon. Jarix was devising a house idea. If they could find a cave within walking distance, the pair could make a nice home.

Template by Andi
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics