Pawnshop hearts trading up

AW+ | Jackal sisters are handing out winter clothes!

POSTED: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Let the leaves fall off in the summer and let December glow in flames

Avinalora sat perched on counter, watching her sister working. Adrian was hard at work, setting herself up for a task. She was going to hand out garments she had made to her packmates. The avid seamstress had done this before back in London when she was a Sicaria and was going to do this again in her new pack. She had quite a few fabrics she had gotten from traders and leathers and furs from Jarix's traps that she had maintained. She could probably make ponchos and fur-lined cloaks for other Midnighters that wanted them.

"Aren't you going to help me?" The dark vixen called out to her fairer sister. The silver fox could sew and probably help her. Then, one of the fox kits leaped up onto the counter. She was a silvery grey fox with purple eyes. "Can I help you?" The foxling asked and the Shadowryn smiled and nodded. The Mist girl was always wanting to help out. Her brothers were out exploring with Eclipse and Tyler. The tods would soon start hunting but now they were just exploring. The young vixen clambered down from the counter and then was directed to keep track of the fabrics.

Then, the moon-washed maiden got off of her perch and then walked over to the table piled with fabrics. "I'll match up furs and fabrics so they don't clash" She announced and then started working.

Then next day, the two sisters went to the town with several pieces of clothing at hand. Avinalora held several fur-lined ponchos; one blue, another white, and the last one grey. Her sister held several fur-trimmed cloaks; a pale cloak,a light blue one, and a silver cloak. They walked down the sidewalk, looking for a packmate they could give the poncho to.

Avinalora and Adrian are giving out winter clothes! Does your char need one?
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 pm

[313] I'm on a writing high right now. It's probably going to end in writer's block, but ehh, I don't care. I made an assumption on where Avinalora and Adrian were, but tell me if you need anything changed!

Winter was coming, and soon. Athena knew that from the dropping temperatures and chilling winds. Unfortunately, the jackal was low on warm winter clothes at the moment and had been currently using a crudely-cut deer pelt she'd traded for as a cloak. She had, in the past, several warm cloaks and jackets her mother made for her, but had been lost to the sea when the ship she boarded crashed in the bay. So currently, Athena was lacking in the winter clothes department.

"Maybe someone in Midnight Shores is a tailor," Rocky suggested one day to the bundled-up jackal. He was able to walk around normally thanks to his thick wolf coat, but Athena had a thinner jackal coat.

"Perhaps," she answered. "Let's go find out." With that, she jumped up, eager to get her body moving and warmed up, before heading out of the house and onto the streets of Charlottetown. Having no other idea of where to go, the duo headed to the other side of the human city, to the Province House. There, Athena was hoping to either run into someone who knew sewing, or someone who knew someone else who knew sewing.

Once there, the two canines were surprised to see a dark and light figure walking through the streets. Based on their jackal-like appearances, Athena had a fair idea of who they were. "Avinalora! Adrian! She called out, waving and jogging up to the two half-sisters. She noticed the bundles that they carried in their arms, and was curious as to what they were. Even more so, she wondered where the other two companions that the jackals normally had at their sides were. "Where are Cobalt and Jarix?" She voiced her question with a quizzical grin on her face.

Alessandro Caproni | ClarabellaFaireStock | Table by Sammiie

Legacy
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:23 pm

They say I think in the form of crunching numbers

Avinalora' sensitive ears picked up the sound of footsteps before her sister did. The silver sister could also figure our who it was because of the footsteps. Two pairs; one four-footed and the other two-legged. And then their names were called by a familliar voice. The duo turned around to see the pair of Midnighters, Athena and Rocky walking towards them. The Graves girl looked like she needed some winter clothes as the deer-hide cloak she wore didn't seem like it would protect her. The medic was surprised that the woman needed that because the vixen assumed that a sailor would need a thick coat in case they went overboard.

"Need some new clothes?" The darker sister said with a grin. She remembered the woman from their encounter in Deephaven and nodded at her non-luperci companion. The Shadowryn hoped that the current items they had would appeal to the woman as the jackal sisters had made only cloaks and ponchos which could generally fit most people. The former assassin made a note to see if she could specially make some clothes for her fellow comrade. A nice winter dress and maybe some leg warmers would suit the sailor. Maybe she could learn her favourite colors and then send the extra clothes as a gift.

And then the woman asked about where their companions were. That brought both of the sister aback as nobody had asked them that since the two men left. It wasn't exactly common knowledge, yet. Maybe a few of the higher ranks knew but not many others had knowledge of the pair leaving. The healer was the first one to reply. "They wanted to put some distance on their souls so they went on a trading expedition." The silver fox said with a nonchalant shrug. She still felt saddened by her brother's leaving but she kept up a clam demeanor.

The dark vixen saw her sister's response and decided to change the subject. "So, see anything you like?" She asked, holding up the ponchos and her sister copied the move with the cloaks. "And if you need something else, just put in an order and it'll be done by this week>" She added.

Anyone jump in at any time
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Remind me how it feels to hear your voice

Athena's large ears pricked as the darker sibling asked if they needed some new clothes. Of course she did, as all her old ones were lost now to the bottom of the bay, but the jackal woman thought it rude to just up and take some without thinking. But the jackal siblings asked first, and they did seem to have a surplus...

"I'd like some, thank you." The blonde jackal said finally, with a smile. "Short jackal fur's not made for this kind of weather."She noted, tipping her muzzle to the sky as the cold winds passed through the island. She drew her attention back to the sisters and silently studied the bundles they carried. They seemed to be bigger than what Athena was used to wearing, made for wolves and coyotes, but then again bigger was what you wanted to stay warm.

Her question about their companions made the two jackals pause for a second, and Athena suddenly thought she'd said the wrong thing. It was an innocent question, Athena just wanting to know if Jarix and Cobalt were somewhere else at the time, but the answer to it was probably more complicated than that. The medic spoke first, saying they've gone on a trading expedition. That made Athena think.

"Really? I didn't know they traded." From what she gathered from both of their encounters, Jarix was a hunter and trapper who occasionally traded for necessities, and Cobalt struck the blonde jackal as more of a warrior and hunter than a tradesman. The dark fox-like sister spoke up, changing the subject.

Athena offered the ashen jackal a closed-lipped smile and studied the garments that the two carried. "I rather like this," she responded, holding up the light blue cloak. It looked warm inside, and Athena couldn't help but try it on. The her hands barely reached the sleeves, but she figured a simple trim was all it needed. The cloak reached down to her feet, and the jackal woman felt warmer already.

"Is this free? If not, I could run back and get a few things in exchange." She asked, never one to easily accept items with no price attached.

OOC: Someone else can jump in, too. WC:386

Legacy
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:19 pm

"And the poets are just kids who didn't make it"

Avinalora nodded in agreement to Athena's statement. She was always cold because of her short fur and was surprised that the sailor also had short fur. She knew that having short fur meant that it was easier to catch illnesses in the winter months and made a note to check up on the woman every so often. Most of the other Midnighters were part wolf and didn't seem to have much trouble with keeping warm but the healer should be on the lookout just in case.

Both jackals weren't exactly surprised that the Graves girl didn't know that they traded. Jarix's transactions normally occurred outside of pack boundaries and he didn't exactly boast about it. Cobalt was surprisingly good at appraising an his eye for detail could discern real from faux. But the feral male had also gone with the crepuscular hybrid as a sort of guard though the jackal male was a good fighter, though both sisters suspected there was something more to their departure but none of them questioned their companion's leaving. "Jarix is one hell of a good haggler and Cobalt is pretty good at appraising." The moon-washed medic replied.

It didn't take long for the sailor to find something she liked in the small amount of clothes they had. The light blue cloak was fashioned for someone larger than the hybrid but the Shadowryn knew that it would be a quick fix. She could also add on some other alterations to the garment such as buttons and fashion it into some sort of hooded trenchcoat for her. That way, she could get the girl's measurements and be able to make a few more clothing pieces so that the poor woman didn't freeze to death.

Both girls shook their heads when the blonde asked if she needed to pay. "It's free and I'll alter it for you." The dark vixen replied. And then she added, "Just need your measurements and you'll be good to go."

:p
Word Count: 328
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:39 pm

I'll let Athena leave now, if anyone else wants to come up. [258]

Athena nodded at the medic's explanation of Jarix and Cobalt's skills in the art of trade, making a mental note to see if she could run into them later and see what all they had. She was a little bit surprised that the white jackal's...word choice. Athena had never really had a use for curse words as she made a point not to get so angry at someone as to start shouting obscenities at them. She quickly brushed that thought out of the way, though.

The jackal woman smiled politely as both jackals shook their heads at her question and the raven-coated one said that it was free. "Thank you, both of you. I don't know how long I would survive the deep winter, if this is just autumn now."The blonde jackal mix noted the cold front that had seemed to move in overnight, covering the island in an early winter chill. She took the garment off and handed it for Rocky to hold as the Shadowwryn jackal took some additional measurements so the cloak could fit the she-jackal better.

"I think it's about time for us to be getting back now. I still have more repairs to do." Athena handed the blue cloak back to the black jackal so she could mend it, and set off back down the street from where they had come. She tossed her head back towards the jackal pair and waved, saying, "Goodbye! Thanks for everything!"

I'm a restless soul, I'll leave this world behind

Legacy
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Avinalora

"Lyrics here"

Avinalora smiled in response to Athena's comment. The vixen had never experienced a Nova Scotia winter and since it was already cold for them, who knew how long they were going to last if this was autumn and not even winter. She had heard that even wolves were sometimes affected by the cold and the she-jackal wondered if she would actually survive the harsh winter here in 'Souls. She was almost pure jackal and the smidgen of wolf blood in her did nothing to protect her from freezing. She made note to see if she could further beef up her winter wardrobe to better prepare herself.

And then it was time to do the measurements on the jackal woman. Adrian got out a long strand of leather and started taking measurements. The leather was marked with evenly-spaced marks that helped her make correct measurements. The Midnighter noted these on the piece of paper that she had brought to take down the dimensions of her packmates. After the task had been completed, the seamstress stepped away, already having some clothing ideas bouncing around in her head. The Graves woman would be in for a surprise when she got her gifts.

And then the pair waved goodbye as the duo left and then continued down the street.

OOC Text
Word Count

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics