Old and particularly memorable OOC topics.
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 pm
Hanging out in our chat
and want some company? Bump it!
Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:33 pm
Need some inspiration or motivation? Come race with us in the 'Soulschat.
"Post racing" is an unofficial competition between 'Soulsters who happen to be online and in the chat at roughly the same time. Basically, everyone tries to post quickly. It's a race! This can help you get over a "backlog" of threads, or it can help you post a lot and post frequently, or it can just motivate you! It's also a great way to get to know your fellow 'Soulsters and hang out together. :)
- Post races happen only when they're "called" and started by the members of the chat collectively.
- Posts only count from the starting point of the race. Even if you've already written 20 posts today, you start at 0 with everyone else when the race begins!
- Races only start when agreed upon. Wait for everyone to agree upon a starting time (e.g., 6:30) or a starting cue (e.g., when Player Bob returns from AFK) and then wait for that cue to start writing. Don't start posting or writing posts before the race starts.
- Players track the number of posts they've done by clicking on their name in chat and changing their nickname. Your name should read Player-1, where 1 is the number of posts you've done.
- If the chat is full and only some members want to race, the racers should leave the #general channel and go to the #garbage channel for racing. Don't clog the chat.
- This is UNOFFICIAL and not supported by the 'Souls Assemblage, 'Souls Moderators, or anybody else. It's just a fun game between players. There are no serious rules, there are no prizes, and there definitely aren't any referees. For that reason...
- ... keep it light-hearted. Seriously! Everyone goes at their own pace. Don't make fun of anyone, don't try to force people to race when they don't want to, and don't be a jerk. This is not official and the 'Souls Assemblage dosn't enforce any real rules, but one thing the 'Souls Assemblage will do is ban the practice of post-racing altogether if it gets out of hand or results in hurt feelings. :( Please, think of your fellow members and the fun you're having, and don't ruin it for anyone else! Thanks!
- It may be good to start/end races with minutes rather than exact times because of differing time zones, so "start at :00" instead of "start at 6:00pm."
- Remember that quality is still important! ;) After all, you wouldn't want your thread partners to skimp on quality just because they're racing!
Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:53 pm
accompany me while i draw to put off posting 8D
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:52 am
Raze is lonely in da chat :O
Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:59 pm
Post Race: :40 At least a potential post race if people come. :P Chat is also very lonely.
Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:52 pm
Gen is in chat and going to post tonight <3 care for posting company? :D I want to race too!
Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:05 pm
a lonely ruski in chat wants friends <3 we can talk brexit, steam summer sale, plots, and posts <3
Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:20 pm
Potential post race in the making. Chat is so very lonely too. T-T
Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm
gonna be in chat today! Come chat away <3
Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:36 pm
don't be lonely chat, me coming to safe you!
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.