Re: Gotta Catch 'em All

pokemon parody of 'souls

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Yesssss a luring pokemon, of course haha! Chandelure's biology is creepy! o.O

Edit: Since I have noob knowledge of pokemon after the original 150, I'd like to know why else you chose Chandelure? xD
caught in the undertow

X-tian
Luperci
GUILTY FILTHY SOUL

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

I don't know how much I laughed while reading those comics! :D This thread is so perf. *quietly continues to nerd out over pokemon*
Orion North

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:14 pm

The masterpost now has an actual 'Soulsdex listing. ;D We're up to 54 entries~

Lola the Chandelure: The "Luring" Pokemon obviously has ties to the siren, yes! <3 A Ghost/Fire type also strikes me as mysterious and multifaceted. The fire of Lola's passions rises internally and has to be let off; the 'dex data, "Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind", could be a nod to her nymphomania too. (also Oslyn Firestorm, hehe) But her sated personality can be dark and dangerous thanks to poisons and so on, sooo tricksy and illusion-y Ghost! Her potential abilities are Flash Fire (would make her immune to Alistair's fire), Flame Body (scorches those who touch her), or Infiltrator (can slip under barriers to sneak attack). Plus there's a superficial similarity in their appearance, with the pale grey lantern body and the tall flame - doesn't it remind you of Lola's ponytail? ;)

Miyu
Luperci Pegasus Knight Radiant Dawn Nohrian Scum
ATONE THROUGH STRENGTH
WHEN DARKNESS FALLS
AND SURROUNDS YOU
YELLOW FLICKER BEAT

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Omg Miyu!!!!! <3. This is so good haha, I love it, thank you!
caught in the undertow

X-tian
Luperci
GUILTY FILTHY SOUL

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh my god Miyu <3 THAT IS FRICKEN ADORABLE xD @_@
By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:36 pm

That is ADORABLE, Miyu! <3 Any reasons you went with Simisear for Nate? :O
by the amazing Alaine!

Sunny
Luperci Mate to Jazper
crown of clay
My Sunny One

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:20 pm

OOH OOH *raises hand* DO KALI & SIBS OR OR KALI/LOKR OR OR DULLA OR OR OR CONNY! Dat enuff options, huh huh huh? Huh Miyu, huuuuh?? My bodies are ready!

Cheshire
Luperci I know the devil wears a leopard coat Ghost of the Saber Tooth Tiger Tru Blood
A Storm Exists
Superbia
Eyes like the Basilisk
Vicious

POSTED: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 am

Kali de le Poer wrote:OOH OOH *raises hand* DO KALI & SIBS OR OR KALI/LOKR OR OR DULLA OR OR OR CONNY! Dat enuff options, huh huh huh? Huh Miyu, huuuuh?? My bodies are ready!

Seconded, I'd love to see the de le Poer triplets.

I'd also be curious what you might imagine Gethsemane would to be as Pokemon, even if you didn't draw it. :3
I WILL BECOME WAR
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci
elysium

POSTED: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:34 am

Mistral de l'Or wrote:
Kali de le Poer wrote:OOH OOH *raises hand* DO KALI & SIBS OR OR KALI/LOKR OR OR DULLA OR OR OR CONNY! Dat enuff options, huh huh huh? Huh Miyu, huuuuh?? My bodies are ready!

Seconded, I'd love to see the de le Poer triplets.

I'd also be curious what you might imagine Gethsemane would to be as Pokemon, even if you didn't draw it. :3

I have a mighty need to see all of these things. And maybe Blair/Dullahan/Osrath. *cackles in the background*

Lorraine
Luperci
she held seven stars
maelstrom

POSTED: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:40 am

eeeee <3333

Nate the Simisear: The superficial similarities exist in his red fur, cream belly, unruly/curly mane, big ears, and Fire-types are obvs associated with Inferni. ;) Beyond that, though, Simisear is supposed to be a simple and straightforward Pokemon: "When it gets excited, embers rise from its head and tail and it gets hot. For some reason, it loves sweets." It made me think of Nate's excitable, playful nature -- like he would goof around and inadvertently set things on fire, haha. x) As part of the three wise monkeys, Simisear also represents "hear no evil", and given Nate's unshakeable loyalty to his pack "regardless of whether he believes it to be right or wrong", it seemed to fit!

Miyu
Luperci Pegasus Knight Radiant Dawn Nohrian Scum
ATONE THROUGH STRENGTH
WHEN DARKNESS FALLS
AND SURROUNDS YOU
YELLOW FLICKER BEAT

Dead OOC