What field are you majoring in / working in / aspiring to work in?

Arts (writing, design, drawing/painting/sculpting, etc.)
28%
Social sciences (psychology, business, economics, poli-sci, the law, education, etc.)
15%
Natural sciences (chemistry, physics, earth sciences, astrophysics, etc.)
No votes
Life sciences (animal sciences, medicine, biology, etc.)
28%
Technology / hard science (computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, etc.)
14%
Military sciences
No votes
Other (please post! :) )
15%

Total votes : 65

Re: What do you do?

POSTED: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm in my Bachelors degree studying Equine related degrees such as Equine Business Management and will possibly double major in a Vet tech degree. Also planning on getting my dog grooming certification and farrier certification while I'm here :) I want to take some writing and art class on the side because those are two things outside of souls that I don't give myself enough time to pursue and I want get better at.

Hannah
Non-Luperci
Small in Size

POSTED: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:06 pm

My background is in traditional painting, and I currently work as a freelancer - illustration, storyboards, the like!

The work I do isn't fulfilling to me, but I'm not sure how I want to commit my time. I used to think that I could draw things for money and it would be enough. I realized I'd rather make money doing something ordinary, and spend my artistic energy on things I actually want to draw. I'm sort of in this artistic limbo right now, so I'm using it as an opportunity to explore. I may go back to school for sculpture. Whatever happens, I'm glad it's a journey! x)
Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:32 pm

My major is English, and my minor is Professional Writing. I'm hoping to take some side minor classes in the arts because I've always wanted to draw, but never had the time or patience for practice - so if its for HOMEWORK, I would have to, right? Hoping that will get me into the swing of things because I'm a Master Procrastinator. Also, majoring in English because writing is what I'm good at and I hope to either become an editor or a copy editor for like a publishing company or something one day.

I am interested in coding and web development and stuff, but unfortunately my school doesn't offer classes for that unless I'm majoring in Graphics Design, which I am not T.T

My biggest dream is to become a book writer, but I don't even know where to start with that D: I recently read a few memoirs and think that I can write about my struggle with my mom's alcohol addiction when I was a teenager (a very bad teenager at that, due to circumstances). Though, of course, I don't even know where I can start with that either. I think I need to get a little further into my major before I can get some direction with that.

Currently, I don't work-work because no time due to college and English major homework (omg), but I do own an online retail business that is run over both eBay and Amazon platforms, in which I make enough to support myself (I live with my mom still) and sustain living.

So there's that :)

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:37 pm

I have been pretty indecisive about what I want to do. I wanted to be a veterinarian up till I had my daughter, and then I decided I wanted to be a neonatal nurse (the ones that take care of the itty babies). But I had issues getting my homework done at the time because my daughter was still really little. So I switched to Graphic Design hoping it would be more like... Teaching how to draw on the computer. It wasn't.

I've been serving samples at Kroger and then Sam's for a year now. But I decided once I have some of my student loans from my -previous- attempts paid off, I'm going to pursue veterinary school again. I may possibly specialize, down the road, in equine studies, or I might just stick with pet animals. That's a ways off, but equine care was my original dream.
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie
Luperci Pupsitter White Knight Rage, rage against the dying of the light

POSTED: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Biology all the way! I've never been all that good with exacta sciences (evento though they are f*cking awesome), and both muy parents were biologists, so the interest on learning more about life and how it works has been a constant in muy life. I've also considered studying art, languages and even chemistry. But none of them involve touching little thingies and holding animales and planting stuff *w*

POSTED: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:47 pm

I am currently in my fourth, final, year of a Bachelor degree in Music with honors in Education. I've wanted to be a music teacher since I was in elementary school so this has always just been what I wanted XD. I mean I spent some time thinking I would be a Vet but I am awful as sciences! Originally I was planning on teaching high school voice classes but I've realized now that I just adore spending time singing and playing games with the little kids and introducing instruments to grades 6-8's.

I was also planning on getting a minor in English but had to give that up when I decided to go for the little kids and needed different qualifications, which all had to be met within a year because the teachers colleges only look at your year 1-3 courses :|. Not to mention I have to overload every year for my program already.

After this year I'm heading to teachers college to get my Bachelor of Education which will be a two year program as of next year, instead of only one ;_; (more loans for me). I'm hoping to get my qualifications to teach kindergarten through grade 8 so that if anything pops up, be it home room grade 1 or music grade 6-8, I will be able to apply for it.

Melissa
Luperci Serve and Protect
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:45 pm

SA/DBA. aircraft logs and records. aircraft maintenance data. administrative and clerical nonsense.

we, as a whole, repair and maintain boeing airplanes.

i would like to work toward emt certification and perhaps becoming a paramedic on my own time. it's just difficult working around my primary occupation right now.

but i've got bills to pay.
mama, let's put this body underneath the trees
and put daddy in the truck and head to tennessee

Luperci Chaos Star
poison
DAMNIT LUVDICK. YOU FAILED ME.
mommy's little girl

POSTED: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm

I went to college for biology as a pre-med but abandoned pre-med middle of my sophomore year when I convinced my mother I hated medicine that it would probably ruin me emotionally. So now I'm a biology research major - though I still kinda hate and resent it because I was forced into this major. It's been pretty nice lately knowing that I can do whatever with the degree.

But my side major / favorite major is History, which I actually finished at the end of my junior year (aka at the start of this year because I dilly dallied on my thesis :B). Always been fascinated with history, if my historical fiction shelf is any indication >>

I think my goal is to at least write a book in my lifetime and get it published, but I need to be able to provide for myself / family ergo biology major. Oh well.
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:00 am

My degree was technically in web development, although I kind of made some things up as I went, including some game design classes and other things along the way, substituting in for things I definitely wouldn't need. I also took a bunch of computer science/programming classes for a computer science minor. It probably would have been my major, except that it was called Applied Math and Computer Science and yeah... I'm godawful at math so that wasn't gonna work. I'd like to be a user interface designer of some kind, I think, but what I really want is to feel like what I'm doing is worthwhile, such as be the webmaster for several animal shelters or something like that.

I currently work in IT as the way underpaid administrator of a document management system called Microsoft SharePoint and I hate every minute of it. I've thought about starting my own business baking cheesecakes but I'm afraid turning a hobby into a job isn't a good idea for me. I guess I've kind of hit my quarter life crisis and don't know what I want to do anymore. Dx lol. I have all sorts of ideas, but none of them are something I can make a living off of.
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
Luperci Mate to Ares IT'S CARRRL
Just can't fight the spaz in me
spunky seamstress!

POSTED: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm

I make websites and do code-y things. I used to make websites for a fashion brand, but now I make websites for a digital agency. Well, right now, at this very moment, technically I do both -- but the fashion brand I am leaving and I have about two or three days left. No degree, dropped out of community college.
Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

Dead OOC