new years resolutions?

POSTED: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi guys!

I know that resolutions can be sort of cheesy... but I've been thinking about them a lot this week for some reason and decided that I am going to give it a go. I've always been a horrible procrastinator... so maybe having this somewhere public will keep me accountable.

I think I only have 3:
-meal plan!
-excersise more
-lose weight
-spend more time doing a hobby (writing, drawing etc)

Does anyone else have any? Maybe we could all create some sort of support group haha

Artwork in Avatar is done by Raze! Signature by Nina :)

Amanda
Luperci
If I seem to wander

POSTED: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:57 am

I think exercise is a big thing I'm focusing on. Though I'm starting now while I'm home with my bro so we can work out together. :) So continuing I guess. And taking my border collie on runs more often cuz we both need it lol.

And probably balancing my time on souls better.... But that will happen closer to Feb.after SSWM because for some crazy reason I'm going to do it again D:
ImageImage

Signature by Kiri and Shannon

Hannah
Luperci
Navigator of the Roughest Seas

POSTED: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 am

I HAVE SOME:

- less computer, more exercise
- better grades (hahaha spanish)
- get better at drawing/writing

aw yeah

POSTED: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 am

I have one or two <3

- become more active in 'Souls!
- be successful in this new promotion!
- stick to my exercising plan, maybe join Curves?
- do not join any other roleplaying sites.
- go to the doctor and get on some medication for my bipolar and chronic migraines!

Lullaby
Luperci Mate to Ezra Step out on the leaves of the lily and shine
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 pm

These are all reall good! I honestly find the hardest thing to be keeping myself motivated. .. thats s my biggest weakness !

Artwork in Avatar is done by Raze! Signature by Nina :)

Amanda
Luperci
If I seem to wander

POSTED: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:28 pm

-don't procrastinate
-actually come out to parents done!
-obtain significant other
-write better
-brush teeth everyday
Last edited by Nero Napier on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 pm

I put quite a bit of thought into mine this year. I'm actually quite proud of them. I'm struggling to get started on the first one right now simply due to the fact I have been plagued by illness since Dec 24th, but as soon as I'm back to baseline, I can start on that one. But here are my resolutions for 2015:

1. Be healthier. Eat better. Be more active.
2. Focus on positivity. Strive to find the good in everything.
3. Explore personal strengths; choose a career path in which I can be happy/successful.
4. Save money. Grow a savings account.
5. Plan and book a trip for my honeymoon.
6. Learn what it means/is to love and live to the fullest. Don’t hold back. Be myself and shine.

Westy
Luperci Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy Saddle Up. Shut Up. Hold On Tight.
Wilder Than The West
One Wild Ride

POSTED: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:11 pm

I only have two really, I have tons of things I want to do, but they're more long term things that I can't do anytime now.

Cook more. I'm kinda sick of eating crappy food all the time. I mean I cook now, but I feel like I could do it a lot more and make more effort.
Win SoSu. I can never do it usually, but I feel good this year and it'll be good for my self confident if I can do something I've wanted to do for three years.
Salsola
DEAD
Vida
Luperci Lucky Little Leaf
pale man
danse macabre

POSTED: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Mine is to do my best to try and be a happier person. I want to be in charge of my own happiness and attitude and improve them this year. To let things go from my past and not over-analyze situations, and laugh things off more. :)

POSTED: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:48 pm

All these resolutions look great! /group hug Let's do it guys! I think putting it somewhere semi-public will help me actually stick to the plan.

I've got a few, mostly health/mentally related...

1. New Year's Day was my last hangover. Let's keep it that way.

2. In tandem to 1. drinks can only be had on the weekend or during a social Happy Hour. (no drinking alone!!!!!!)

3. Do not under any circumstances agree to go to a karaoke bar after a work Happy Hour with your co-worker...unless it's a Friday because coming into work the next day is BRUTAL. (also see 1.)

4. 6AM Kinect workout, you can handle this and wake up at this time. You're going to do this. You need to do this. Remember that dancing your ass off as an exercise is amazing and you always feel so much better and prepared for the day when you've done something active.

5. Michael's stress is not your own. Remove yourself from room when he wants to be a Debbie Downer and it's beginning to affect you. Medical School is insanely hard and he just needs someone to vent to, not share in his pain.

6. Curb your temper. You are your father's daughter to the T, but a lot of rational Mom is in you too. Listen to the selfless side rather than the selfish side.

7. When you start feeling "meh" just dance or do something that brings happiness. Spray catnip and watch the furbabies go nuts...they always make you smile.

8. Hibernation on the weekend is not allowed. (see 1.)

9. Being an outgoing introvert is hard, find the balance. Do not bail on people because you've moved out of the city or the thought of being social makes you sweat. When you get there, you usually have a blast and are happy you've gone. You spend plenty of time on your own and crappy excuses make you a bad friend. Don't be a bad friend. (remember 1. & 2.)

10. Respect Michael. Always clearly communicate your needs, he has a million things going on with school and random passive aggression does not help or solve a situation. You love him, treat him that way.

11. Breathe. Though you love/hate this job, you will not be here forever. 1 1/2 more years, you can do it! Stay present though dreams of the future are soooo exciting, it tends to bum you out when you realize how much time needs to pass.

12. You do not need another cat right now. Fix the issues between older resident cats and hellion Jupiter first. (see 10. Michael would be so pissed if you brought a kitten home without his approval!)

13. Call home and your grandparents more often. Yes, you hate talking on the phone but see 9. Time is fleeting, don't wind up wishing you had said something or shared something more.
caught in the undertow

X-tian
Luperci
GUILTY FILTHY SOUL

Dead OOC