Re: Bike......

POSTED: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Yeah!! Bike is a bike!

My mountain bike (pic, pic) is like 20 years old?? Bought it super used, but it's worked out all right. Had two flats within two months of having it, but I chalk it up to my not knowing what I was doing, lol.

My road bike (pic, pic, pic) is much nicer, hahaha. 8D I've been putting off getting a cyclometer because I probably don't need a distracting screen full of delicious stats when I ride...
ALAINEY DREW THIS
av by me; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:02 pm

this is betty:

i got ran over by a car while riding her once. she was repaired, but she squeaks a little now. i used to ride her a lot when i lived in florida. i'd love to start again, but where i'm living now isn't very bicycle friendly.. ;c
Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 am

Aaa what a pretty bike! I'm glad you were able to repair her after the accident (and that you're okay too!?). x_x Sucks to be in a bike-unfriendly place though. :/
ALAINEY DREW THIS
av by me; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:55 am

lol yeah it was the bike that got smushed. i was okay. i was in the crosswalk and a guy was at the stop sign. then he made a right turn while looking left.. right into me. turned the front of my bike into a pretzel. i had him pay to repair my bike at a shop nearby. he seemed pretty young and freaked out. i was mostly in shock until later. like oh wow, a car just crushed my bike.

speaking of flat tires, mine kept going flat from general use so i bought these extra badass inner tubes and they lasted. no more flat tires! had those installed at the bike shop. i miss florida. );
Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 pm

I've had so many cars almost hit me because they're turning right without looking right................. :| A lot of the roads here have the bike lane against the sidewalk and the car's right turn to the left of it, and a big NO RIGHT TURN EXCEPT ON LIGHT sign and a specific right turning light, because bikes in the bike lane will go straight on green and cars in the right turn lane can't turn if they're there. You can spot the tourists as the ones who turn right anyway. 8D

The tubes on my road bike must be a huge step up from those on my mountain bike because I've put more than twice the miles on it without an issue now and I've ridden over all kinds of crap. :O

It surprised me to discover that there's actually a huge biking community where I used to live (Houston) because the place doesn't seem very bike friendly to me at all? Maybe you can find some place in your area that at least has some nice trails? :c
ALAINEY DREW THIS
av by me; sig by alaine

event schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

Dead OOC