Re: why do you roleplay?

where else are you a member?

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:27 pm

*infects all Kugyay people with 'Souls* >:D

Like Kite and Ann, my first true role playing experience was on this chat-based site name Kugyay. I was a huge nut for the Warriors series and when I found out you could make your own characters and write about them with other people, I was instantly hooked. I love collaborating with friends about characters and plots, since it's much funner to think up stories with two or more heads! Worldbuilding is also an interest of mine and I love getting lost in the nit-picky lore surrounding a character.

I was introduced to 'Souls by another Kugyay player named Turrentrush and we had planned to join together, but she didn't come on-board. 'Souls was my first forum and I made my nubbie mistakes—it's hard to believe I was 14 when I joined! o_o So much has changed about me since then.

I role play because I love to write and make stories, but I never seem to have the inspiration to write things on my own. It's more appealing to me to be able to interact with others and get fresh ideas and be exposed to another's wonderful writing. 'Souls is such an unique place from its setting to its community and I'm so glad to be a part of it!
Last edited by Beckett Moineau on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintus (NPC)
Shannah
Non-Luperci
holocene

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 pm

I started forum rp randomly, i think, way back in the day, in 2001 i think. I don't know how i started but i always liked reading and animals so i jumped on a decidedly crappy proboards fox rp. It was so cringeworthy omg..

I've been pretty steadily always on a forum since then and did a lot of stuff like redwall, wolves, cyberpunk, highfantasy, modern day. I even ran a sketchy yaoi board for a while lmao..

I joined souls after Meghann joined and she mentioned it to Marie and I. At the time i was playing on her rp site.

Haven't left since i joined in 09, which is hella impressive since i have tried other sites but the nature of souls is just so unique. Plus it's hard to get the same air of world building and creating an almost breathing story.

I don't have a good activity track record but i always want to make more stories with all you wonderful asshats
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:41 pm

I grew up in a home where we weren't allowed computers because my grandparents were very abusive and they feared that if we had them, we would tell everyone and record the things they did to us. That changed when I turned 17 and, legally moved in with my mother. I started role playing back in either 2009-2010. It came about when I was looking for a place to call my own, a place that wasn't really too established. My origin site was Rolepages which allowed complete freedom creativity wise. I left there in 2012 because drama ensued between the higher ranked members of the site and myself after I called them out on favoritism since they had what they called Plot nights where they chose certain members throughout the community to weave a tale.

To be honest, it takes a lot to really get me riled up but what did it for me was it getting in the way of my RL relationships. In 2012, I finally got fed up and I found Souls, searching for werewolf and vampire roleplays since, at the time, I was playing human and werewolf characters on a regular basis. I joined and I just haven't been able to fully leave Souls since then. I have so many memories here of people that I've played with, friendships I've made. Some of these things are priceless and I wouldn't give them up for the world.

The reason I roleplay, though, is because I have severe social phobia and major depression and anxiety. Souls, for me, is the only place where I can be me while also being someone completely different. I like getting to know the players behind the characters and listening to them when I can. I like being able to evolve as a writer and believe me, I have definitely evolved in the little bit of time I've been here and I am a much better writer because of it.
Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:47 am

I love seeing all of these wonderful backstories.

My first roleplay was in a Sailor Moon-themed chat room, and when I got kicked out of that one occasionally I would hop on the Dragon Ball Z chat. xD Somehow from there it led me to the original WWS forum and the rest was history. Also I well never forget when Bleeding Souls first opened. I played Riot, one of the og evil coyotes who ran alongside Kaena Lykoi and many other wonderfully chaotic coyote characters x) Those were goooooood times. And I'll never forget Stormy either... I may have been mildly obsessed with Sie's characters back in the day. /confession

Now I feel all nostalgic.

*dies*
I am available for commissions!
helkiarts.com

Helki
Creature

Dead OOC