ATTN: Loners - "Cozy"/lax group idea!

POSTED: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Loner Group: Whistlebriar Wood

Whistlebriar Wood is a small, peaceful little loner group meant to emulate the family structure of a wolf pack, a welcoming and lighthearted place for loners to roleplay!

The main purpose of the group is to simply give loners a place to roleplay, and friends and “family” to build connections and plot with. The life of a loner can be, well, lonely — but if you have a group of friends to fall back on, it’s a lot more fun to roleplay! Even if you have a plot to eventually get your character into a pack, or are just “feeling out” packs to join later, you’re free to have your loner hang out in Whistlebriar Wood in the meantime. :)

ICly, the group is meant to be a small band of loners who band together for survival, and develop familial ties in the meantime — lead by “Grandma Posey,” a kind-hearted old she-wolf. They are self-sufficient and happy to invite in other loners or those simply “down on their luck.” Has your character been through a rough time, perhaps recently orphaned or attacked? The Whistlebriars are happy to help them get back on their feet!

All lifestyles (feral, civilized, etc.) are accepted in Whistlebriar Wood. It should be a place where any loner can fit in. Even if they aren’t very friendly or sociable, as long as they’re not attacking others in the group and are willing to hang around, they’re welcome! The one “archetype” we do discourage is evil characters and criminals, of course, as the group wouldn’t tolerate that — maybe make your own baddie group. ;)

With a lax hierarchy that allows group members to have “roles” (e.g, Hunter or Storyteller) but not worry about ranks, Whistlebriar Wood puts the focus on IC interaction and lighthearted events. Like all groups, there is no singular OOC authority — so members are free to brainstorm and vote on what they want the group to do next! Time permitting, contests and thread prompts with donated art prizes are definitely a possibility!

Interested? Let me know! I think this could be a fun little group, especially for current loners and those who need threads/plots while working up to joining a “real” pack. :> The group will definitely develop depending on who is in it!

This group can be a thing if we have three more players/characters interested -- and remember, there are max 7 players. :O

Potential Interest
Posey, [Lyric], Talon, Woodsmoke, Jura, Ares, Dierdre, [Deuce], Kairos

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:23 pm

;_; This is cute!!!

'souls is best wolf rpg ;)

Sunny
I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS
fighting dog of troy

POSTED: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Joined with Posey here! ;) If anyone is tentatively interested, maybe we can get our characters together for a thread and see what happens? :>

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Raze
Luperci With Great Distinction

POSTED: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 pm

I have a Dierdre (and npc Deuce until the end of December) who would be interested
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne (NPC)
Vannah
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Aw, awesome!

We potentially have enough interest to make the group, but obviously I'd love to thread with you guys so it can be formed ICly. :D I'm happy to start any threads -- just lmk what location and I'll get a thread up!

I might make a Discord group chat or something too if folk are interested, to make plotting easier. ^^
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I think Yennefer would also be interested! She should hang around some more with some canines instead of her bird.
Hey! I'm from belgium and have dyslexia, so if you spot a mistake that really grinds your gear (vocabulary and grammar) shoot me a pm. I don't mind, really! I would love to learn from my mistakes!

POSTED: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 pm

This is so cool! :D If NPCs could join, I feel like Latch and Lock would be a good fit. Perhaps in lieu of that (since NPCs can't join), we could just say that they've bumped into Posey and they generally are friendly/ allies? I feel like Lock would especially enjoy having a kind grandmotherly figure, particularly considering his mom is Lucilla haha

Avatar by Trophy, signature image by Gen

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi
Luperci They stole my dirty socks... :( You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 pm

To everyone who is interested -- hit me up and I can start a thread for us! :> Once Posey has met the min amount of prospective members and we figure out ICly how the group might form, I'm happy to put in an application for the group and make it all official and stuff! Since there can only be 7 players maximum, it might end up being "first come, first serve," but I don't anticipate the group being huge or having max players for very long haha.

@Tammi: No, NPCs cannot join groups independent of a cNPC/yNPC role, but I'm totally fine with referencing them as vaguely being "in the area" and having met Posey and being friendly with her! ^^

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

This is cooolll. Too bad I have no loners xD

POSTED: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 am

Rocky loves grandmas!! He wants to protect grandmas and hunt for grandmas and cuddle with a grandma :D
(Grandmas are a big deal in Mexico and he never met his, sad times)

Dead OOC