Request from the heart

Calia

POSTED: Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 am

like amateurs in love's charade

She probably should wait, and she probably should talk to Theo first, but the thought of either precaution gave her moths in her stomach. She and her beloved mate had been here less than a week and she wasn't in the position to be making requests or demands. After all, they had already been let into the fold, given a chance to prove themselves, allowed their own residence, and given the freedom to start a new life under the protection of the pack... how could she ask for anything more? Well... she was going to do it. Hopefully it would not be too much of a burden on the pack, and would not anger her new leaders, but it was something that was so important to her...

The Redpaw femme padded quietly through the deteriorated streets of Winterwynd, stalling for time by pretending to admire some of the buildings, but not really seeing them at all. By now, she had sharpened her own staff, had an unsuccessful hunt interrupted by Yuka (even the thought of the woman aggravated her), and had found some scrap leather and made herself a little anklet. It was that anklet that gave her the resolve to make this request... Or, rather, the fact that she didn't have to come entirely empty handed.

The wild woman picked her way through the streets, fingers toying with the small burlap bag that dangled from the leather thong tied to her wrist. She found the place that she understood to be Calia's – hopefully she was right – and after shuffling slightly, raised a fist to rap rhythmically on the door.

No turning back now.

ooc She's not wearing the outfit in the table pic, she's "nude" in that never-nude anthro way, with just a leather anklet, and holding a small pouch. | [wc — 200+] template by hilli
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Nukiira
Luperci Mate to Theo

POSTED: Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 pm

ooc - Thank you for starting!

Calia

For once, the air outside was warm enough to warrant the windows in her cottage to be open. Or, rather, to pull down the curtains that had been nailed over the square openings to block out the cold during the winter months. Well, there was certainly no need for that now! The Nightstag took great joy in ripping the might stretches of cloth down, taking a big gulp of the fresh spring air that slowly filtered out the old, stale smell within her abode. Tossing these old blankts aside, Calia set about to brushing the “widow stills” free of any debri that had gathered there.

Now that good weather was here, the Nightstag had a few projects in mind. Namely, to build some sort of fence behind her quaint cottage to contain the goats at night. While she felt no ill will towards letting her beasties roam free during the day, the thought of them running amok during the evening made her nervous. How long would it take for an opportunistic predator to claim one of them, or even another Luperci? No, she didn’t feel that any of her Mistwalkers would do such a heinous crime - but there was no controlling what the folks outside the borders did.

The Nightstag broke free of her thoughts as a visitor knocked on her door. ”Coming, dear!” The albino called cheerfully, opening the door to greet the newcomer. Before her stood one of their newest members, Valeria. Compared to the sordid state she had arrived to their borders in, the wolfess was positively radiant. Her golden fur had since been cleaned and freed of debris, and Calia took note of the leather anklet adorning her ankle. It seemed that the Redpaw woman was settling nicely, and Calai grin grew wider.

”My, my, you look very nice today!” The albino complimented. Her gaze drifted towards the pouch in Valeria’s grasp in a curious manner, however it wasn’t long before she addressed the Crowstooth once more. ”What brings you here, dear?”

wc 337
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Fri May 04, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

It was refreshing the way her leader's face lit up at the sight of her. The compliment that whisked past her lips was heartfelt, and that made the already proud woman stand up a little taller. Flattered, she smiled and nodded her thanks. That is kind of you. I should say, it is the effect your good pack has had on me, she held her arms out as though to be admired a little more – though not in an arrogant way.

I wish I could say I'm only here for pleasure,she said after their opening moment passed, and she dropped her arms back down to her sides. But I actually do have a... um... request to make. Forgive me if it seems dishonorable to come making demands so soon... but I promise it is not a demand, not like that. Just a question. That's all. Her eyes traveled over the boards of the house, glancing around and coming back to Calia several times over. It wasn't nerves, though some might perceive it that way, it was just how she was sometimes.

But first, now she was focused. I wanted to show you these, she spoke while she slid the pouch off of her wrist, digging her thumbs into the draw-string opening and pulling. The small sack opened easily, and she held it up higher so Calia could peer in, or take it if she chose. Within was a mound of coppery-amber seeds. These are flax seeds, Valeria explained matter-of-factly. The plant itself is very useful, with it I can make a nice linen, much softer and more comfortable than the rough-spun fabric that comes from Jute... and the plant can also be used as a food, her eyes flicked up to peer at Calia, and she was beaming. Her life up until this point had been full of uncertainty. Now she had the opportunity to settle in to a new life, and she was taking back control. Creating textiles was something she knew a bit about, and the opportunity to do so thrilled her. She couldn't wait to get her hands on some leather and fabric and sew herself and Theo something – her skills were rudimentary, and her finished products were what some people might call barbaric or savage, but that did not deter her one bit.

I would like to cultivate it for the pack, she explained. Which I'll be happy to do... even if you say no to my request. That strange, foreboding request she kept alluding to. Her eyes flicked around. In truth, she just didn't want to ask somebody something so important while standing informally on their porch. It just seemed to cheapen it somehow. She wasn't about to say that to Calia, though. Instead, she lingered and tried to hint toward an invitation inside, or for Calia to come out.

ooc stuff here | [wc — 400+] template by hilli
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Nukiira
Luperci Mate to Theo

POSTED: Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Calia

At Calia’s compliments, the Redpaw woman noticeably relaxed a little. ”Aw, yeah, life as a loner can take a toll on a person,” Calia agreed ”It certainly wasn’t the life for me! No, pack life suits me much better.” The albino smiled as Valeria extended her arms, as if to be admired a bit more. It was good to see the sudden change in confidence in the woman, since she and her mate sought passage in the Vale.

”Dishonorable?” Calia’s brows furrowed, not in distaste but rather confusion. ”Honey, whatever you have to say, I doubt it’ll be dishonorable.” The Nightstag widened the door in an invitation ”Ask whatever questions you want, dear. I’m a reasonable woman.” From the very first time that Valeria approached the Vale’s borders, she had been very careful to display rigid shows of submission to her leaders. From what calia knew, the woman had come from a wolf pack with a strict hierarchy and social rules. The Nightstag hoped that, one day, she would come to see that the Vale was not same, and feel more comfortable around her superiors.

The albino leaned forwards in interest as Valeria drew out the leather pouch, revealing the contents within. Inside was a sizable amount of tiny, coppery seeds. ”Flax seeds?” Calia questioned, for she had never heard of such a plant back in her homelands. The Nightstag remained quiet, nodding along as Valeria delved into a brief explanation. Clothing, the albino didn’t know too much about. Food, on the other hand...”How can it be used as food?” Calia asked curiously. She had never heard of something that could be used both as clothing and food.

”This flax you speak of could be a very useful trading item with other packs,” Calia mused outloud ”Certainly if it serves multiple functions. What sort of conditions do the seeds need to grow?” Calia stepped out from her house, shutting the door behind her.

”Perhaps I can help you find a suitable spot in the Vale’s territory.”

wc 336
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

Mistfell Vale