Meeting in the middle

For Sedona

POSTED: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Just a little note for myself, but using this as pNPC thread for drakehund as well as co-rank. Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Zuri had been making plans for something like this in the background for a while now. Though the small room in her home had been set aside as a place that would be for her bats, it wasn't quite the comfortable for her little friends. One problem would be the growing size of her little clan. Alexandros and Darion had been there from the very beginning, but now there were two more to add as her companions. Given their size, the small room would still be enough to function as a well kept room for all of them...

But something much more natural would probably help them, and anymore bats she could befriend, to be more at ease with the luperci around them.

Some plans had been drawn up, but there was not much that could be done on her end, as she did not have the skills in order to build... well anything really. Her skills were better suited to get any materials that would be needed to make such a structure. There was one person in the Vale she knew she would be able to turn to though.

Sedona.

Her work on Rum Bridge had been a great testament to not only her leadership qualities in taking on much of the work for this task, but her skills in the field as well. Her friend would be helpful in putting this plan into motion. She had gone out a few times, scouting a place that would be perfect for them. There were a few open cave systems along their territory, and it was here that she felt the structure would be suited the best. They would be able to stay in the built home for them as well as moving to the caves, especially when it came time for them to hibernate.

The two hawkesonds had agreed to meet at the location she had picked out, and Zuri had taken the time to seek out Brom. The light male had experience in the building field as well, and it would make lighter the load to have three of them working on the project rather than two.

He traveled along with her, the pair soon coming to the mouth of the open cave she had picked out. All that was left now was to wait for Sedona to arrive.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:22 pm

OOC: Note to self: Counts towards Sedona's Constructor III Co-rank. WC: +3

IC: She was running late. The scheduled meeting time with Zuri and Brom at the cave they were going to build a home for Zuri's bats against was passing quickly and Sedona was only just gathering the last of the supplies at the storage shed with Bub and the cart. The cowgirl had gotten caught up attending to Sineria whom had once again accidentally hurt himself. He'd lacerated his paw while on the job in the stables. He'd been so distraught over it that it took her a little extra time to calm him and then treat the wound. Now free, the Whitesage woman hurried to load the cart with the last of the wood planks and made sure the horse was fully secured to the cart he'd be pulling before taking his lead rope and making her way down the lanes in Winterwynd and in the direction of the cave system Zuri had found.

The going was slow, but eventually the creaky wheels of the cart could be heard as she lead Bub over the grasses and into sight of the albino woman and her other white furred companion where they stood assessing the rock face to the cave. Lifting a paw in greeting as she came into ear shot Sedona smiled and flagged her tail. "Sorry I'm late!" She chuckled and brought the cart to a halt before her fellow Mistwalkers. Patting Bub's neck, she stroked his mane as she spoke. She was ready to get to work now. "Alrighty then. So, let's see what we're working with shall we?" She addressed Zuri specifically as she was the one to discover the cave they were to build the bat home against. "Keep in mind this is somethin' I've never done before so it'll be a bit of trial and error." She scratched the back of her head and looked to Brom. "D'you have any ideas so far?" She asked him since he'd arrived before her. Looking up at the rock face, Sedona started wracking her brain for the best ways to construct a home for the little creatures that were Zuri's scouts and friends.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Sedona was not someone that usually ran late, so the fact that she had today was a bit curious. Regardless, it wasn't by long, and the tan woman had soon joined up with the pair outside the cave that had been picked out. She had brought along a horse, pulling a cart with supplies that lay in the back. Zuri calculated this was the main reason why she was running behind, and to know that she had come prepared was enough to excuse her tardiness.

Besides, after her project to rebuild Rum Bridge, something she had been at the helm of, there wasn't a doubt in her mind that she probably would like a small break before having to take on another project.

The three luperci gathered together, Sedona first turning her attention on the other Hawkesond. She had given a clear warning that this was going to be a trial and error sort of thing, prompting her to nod, "This will be something new for all of us. Even back in Mortimer I do not recall there being something like this. It will be better to finalize the plans and then work as we go in terms of building."

Brom had turned his attention over to the tan woman now that he had been addressed. His gaze fixated on the opening, prompting the albino woman to do so along with him, "Aye. I think it'll be too hard to just build around the face of the opening. It will be much easier to have the buildings to the side and allow for access into the cave." Zuri added onto this, "Adding onto that, I don't believe any wooden passageway will work. Perhaps some kind of fencing or net of sorts to keep it open but also guide them there?"

There were a number of ideas that could branch off from this, even in terms of the structures. The layout was the one thing they needed to do first, then they could discuss the actual buildings and the process.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:38 pm

WC: +3

The Whitesage woman considered both Zuri and Brom's words carefully, looking back up at the cave opening and starting to form an idea. She agreed that building against the cave face itself would present too much of a problem but a stand alone housing of sorts for the bats that Zuri could access, but still lead off into the natural environment of the cavern would be ideal. Nodding to the blue eyed builder at his wisdom, Sedona removed her cowboy hat and ruffled her hair before replacing it. "Aye, that sounds solid. I was thinkin' a stand alone structure similar to a bird house, larger of course, but tailored for bats to enter it from below and hang from is what we'll do." She said, using her paws to gesture and visually describe her plan.

Looking to Zuri, the Constructor smiled, considering the beautiful woman. "As for something like netting to lead yer fellas into the cave, I got some old chicken wire I can mold into a sorta tunnel funneling them that way? Though, I also suggest we fence off the area 'round the bat house and cave itself so nobody disturbs them." She then stepped forward and began to walk about the area they were looking to build, She creased her eyebrows in concentration as she went, saying nothing for a moment. The spot was mostly open land. Grass, grass and more grass. Some rock. Easy terrain to build upon. Sedona smiled then and turned back to the two others. "Alright. Let's start taking some measurements. How big do ya want this bat enclosure to be, Zuri?" The tan coydog asked, returning to the cart and pulling out a slat of wood she knew was five foot long. She often used it for measuring. "Brom come assist me will ya?" The white male should be used to being directed about by her by now but he still usually needed her prompting.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +500 words.

Zuri knew that when it came down to her bats, she was the one that hed the greatest amount of interest in their care. That being said though, it was pleasing to see that the other members of the Vale were willing to assist her with a bit more of a selfish project. Granted, the animals that would be housed here were for the benefit of the kingdom on the whole, but they would do better with much more space and something much more natural than what her and Baelish could offer at home.

Besides, with the pups living there and her husband's own well being to take into consideration, not all of them would be able to coexist with one another. The room could still be used to care for any injured or young, but now they would have a place that was completely their own.

The pale woman turned her attention on Sedona as she began to lay out her own ideas for what would be built. She and Brom were those that had far more experience in this field than someone like her. While she could provide more ideas on what needed to be done, it would be up to the two of them to come up with more practical means in terms of actually building what was being put on the table. Sedona was suggesting building something like a big bird house, though something taller to give the bats a place to hang from the underside.

Additionally, the chicken wire would help to mix with her own idea of giving them access to the cave to use for their own needs. Crimson gaze hard shifted over to the cave entrance before drifting back to the tan woman on her own suggestion, "That seems reasonable. If there is anyone that would take an interest in them, I can teach them how to care for them so they can come inside. One more thing to add. When we put up the wire and the building, we'll need an opening that will allow the bats to get outside of this building an enclosure. They can hunt for food themselves."

It would be easier than trying to run around catching bugs for them to eat. Though it would be a bit entertaining to watch.

Brom gave a nod to the Hawkesond woman, "Comin'." In the meantime, Zuri made her way to the entrance of the cave. None of them seemed to have anything to mark out a border, save for the slats the two builders were working on unloading. Taking one of her back feet, she began to etch out lines in the ground, making a general square around the rim of the cave opening. She soon moved to the side, creating a sizeable square, "I was thinking about this size. It's a bit large for the four that I have, but I'd like to leave it open for wild bats to come use, and it'll be well prepared in case any have offspring."

Of course, she didn't want to be the only one taking part in this part of the process, "Will this be doable Sedona or should we go with something a little smaller?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm

WC: +4

As they unloaded the wooden beam, the tan coydog noted Zuri going about marking out a perimeter for the build site. She smiled to herself, a certain happiness in her heart at working together with the white woman. It was always such a pleasure to work side by side with Zuri. The two Hawkesond got along so well and Sedona knew she'd found a great friend and ally in the Trombetta woman. It was an absolute joy to the tan Constructor to put her skills to work for her closest friend and her bat companions. Anything to help others or better the Vale. It gave Sedona a purpose.

Having retrieved the board, the Whitesage woman looked up as Zuri spoke. "I was thinking about this size. It's a bit large for the four that I have, but I'd like to leave it open for wild bats to come use, and it'll be well prepared in case any have offspring." From where she stood, the size of the area that her pack mate had marked out seemed perfectly acceptable. "Let's get that measured out. I don't think it'll be any issue at all." She smiled. "We've still got plenty of buildin' materials stock piled if I need t'get more. But I don't think that'll be necessary." She wagged her tail reassuringly. "While Brom and I measure, y'can start taking out the smaller wood planks from the cart, Zuri." She instructed the other female.

With Brom's help, the two of them went about the marked out area and measured it out, adding a little extra area nearby the cave entrance to act as a natural entryway for any Mistwalker visitors instead of having to build a doorway into the enclosure itself. After completing that task Sedona clapped her paws together. "Definitely doable, Zuri." She informed her packmate, walking up to her and grabbing a shovel from the few tools lain in the cart. Handing it off to Brom she instructed him further. "Start digging the four corner posts. I'll keep helping unload the cart." She nodded to the blue eyed Constructor and turned back to the cart, reaching forward and grabbing some planks and pulling them towards herself and gathering them into her arms. The horse at the head of the cart snorted lazily, content to keep eating grass.

"You'll have to introduce me to your bats, once we get this made for 'em Zuri. Ever since ya met Qale that day, I've been interested in yer little fuzzy friends." She chuckled, addressing her friend. "I'm excited to see if they're gonna like their new home." She wagged her tail and carried the boards to the growing pile of wood.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:40 am

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Zuri had gotten a great amount of pleasure and purpose out of working with Sedona. Together, they were almost like the figure heads of their entire house, one that seemed to be ever expanding as the newer members and the young were coming into the ranks of the proven. It helped to have two that could work extremely well together focus on both the betterment of the Vale and the the Hawkesonds as a whole.

The tan woman didn't take long to join the pale woman, looking over the crude measurement she had made in the dirt. She was glad that the diameters had been approved, and true to her nature, the constructor began to take the hold of the project. While she and Brom were taking care of making the actual measurements of the lines she had made, she moved over to the cart, beginning to unload the supplies they required.

It didn't take long for them to get that task done, Zuri having unloaded most of the lighter pieces of wood from the back of the cart. Sedona's words had brought her attention back up to the project. The pair returned to the cart together, a shovel being passed to the white male along with an instruction to dig out the four corners. Moving the shovel over his shoulder, he gave them both a smile, "Aye, you got it."

The pale woman turned her attention on the back of the cart, "I've gotten most of the items out, we just need to get the boards out that'll be a little heavier."

The Hawkesond pushed herself into the cart, giving support to the further away beams so Sedona could get them from the other end. A smile curled along her muzzle when the tan woman expressed interest in meeting her bats. Her tail wagged slightly before turning her focus back on their work, "You'll have to wait until nighttime, but that is something we can do."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm

WC: +3

OOC: If you have what you need for your Drakehund and Co-rank we can fade out/wrap this up, lol. *Doesn't actually know how to build things.* XD

IC: It was easy to get wrapped up in a project like this. Or any project really. Sedona loved to work with her hands and to be physically active. It was her passion in life to build and to help others. Especially her close friends and family. Zuri was someone Sedona thought of as a close friend. Sedona would come to the pale woman's aide at the first sign of trouble and was always willing to lend a listening ear or a paw of assistance. This bat house project was new for Sedona but gave her something exciting to try her skills out upon. Zuri always had unique ideas and perspectives, it's what made her such a valued and high ranked member of Hawkesond house. It really was no wonder she and Sedona were at the top like they were.

Having given Brom his task, Sedona hopped up into the cart to grab the end of the heavier beams Zuri mentioned. "On three we can lift and carry these over." She told her pack mate and nodded. "One...two....three!" She hefted the beam and walked it out of the cart, hopping down with the wood braced upon her shoulder. With a small grunt she smiled at Zuri indicating it was safe to move again and brought the wood to a new space making a pile. Setting it down she looked back to the cart. "Let's get the next one."

"You'll have to wait until nighttime, but that is something we can do." The tan coydog grinned as Zuri invited her to meet her bats. "Sounds like a plan to me!" She chuffed and hopped back up into the wagon, repeating the process of unloading the heavier beams until the wagon was empty. Panting softly, Sedona nodded at Brom who was just finishing up his digging. "Alrighty. Now we start figurin' the framework. Startin' with them corner posts." She smiled, wagging her tail and pointed at a set of four particular wood beams. After delegating instructions the three set to work...

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

Dead Topics