come on back to me

POSTED: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:28 pm

set shortly after Phoenix finds Sedona at the border <3 [+300]

The siblings returned to their saddles and gradually made their way into the pack lands, making small talk all along the way. There was much each had to ask the other, but they both seemed to hold off on the bombardment — at least initially. Phoenix, for one, was still trying to wrap his head around the idea of joining a pack, but Sedona was much more excited for him and assured that he would fit in nicely with the Vale. The male was a bit more dubious, a bit more suspicious of the adjustments he was going to have to make. Surely with Sedona around it wouldn't be so bad...

If anything, it would be an interesting experience, he reckoned.

"So tell me more about this mate you said you got?" he ventured to ask, his eyebrow raising high at his sister. He was quite surprised to learn she had settled down with someone; many of the Whitesage siblings were quite loose with their relationships (at least in their younger days), but that wasn't to say it was entirely improbable that Sedona had found someone able to keep up with her. He chuckled a little at the thought, but soon he was reminded of how skeptical he himself was of commitment, and he was a bit relieved she hadn't the same problem.

Or, well, if she had, then this must be one heck of a canine that had her tied down. Come to think of it... there was a strong chance that Phoenix, for all of his flirting and charming ways, was still the only one that hadn't really settled down with anyone before.

"They gon' be alright with me hangin' out for a coupl'a days? I promise I won't be all in y'all's business or anything." He grinned and gave her a not-so-subtle wink.

Image by pixabay code from here, edits by Miranda
avatar by Despi, signature icon by Freepik
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
veldt
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Sedona Whitesage
Word Count → +3 :: Out of Character text

As the Whitesage siblings traveled away from the borders and deeper into the Vale, the reality of Phoenix's arrival truly began to sink in and Sedona couldn't keep the happy smile from her face. She felt giddy, like a pup all over again. It had been years! How he had managed to make his way this far and ended up in the same place as her was a miracle. She'd need to thank Lyssa of the Ashen at some point for pointing him in his final direction.

Keeping Hopi even with Toh so the two animals could keep close after their long time apart as well Sedona occasionally shot off a question of her own to her dear brother. But when he finally got around to asking her about Sineria, Sedona's face softened and she folded her ears a slightly far away look coming into her eyes. If Phoenix new anything at all about love, that was 'the look' of it.

"They gon' be alright with me hangin' out for a coupl'a days? I promise I won't be all in y'all's business or anything." The cowgirl rolled her eyes and sighed. "First things first Phoenix, things ain't like that with Sineria and me. We're closer than ever, don't get me wrong, but it's not all gettin' busy with us. In fact, we're rather careful... We don't want pups... Yet." She said, and the hesitation on the last word was evident, a frown flitting across her face which she tried to hide. "Sin's younger than me, and has led a bit of a sheltered start t'life. He's sweet, shy and ever so devoted though."

She smiled, her tail wagging, and glanced to her brother, knowing he was probably not expecting to hear she'd settled with someone of such a description considering her flirtatious ways upon growing up. "I love him. And every day I get to see him grow into himself. He does it for me, he does it for himself, and for his pack. It's really something." She gushed and then realized she was doing so and chuckled, ducking her head down and to the side embarrassed. "Sorry..." She sighed happily. "I just know y'll like him. I can't wait for ya to meet him, Phoenix."

Everything I Want, Is Everything That's Here

Table by Kitty, image by Nick Tiemeyer.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 am

:D [+300]

He could see the way her eyes softened when he brought them up; oh yeah, she was definitely soft on him, so there must have been more to it than just rolling around in the hay. Sedona set her brother straight about her mate, whose name was Sineria, apparently, and what kind of relationship they had. When she mentioned pups, though, his eyes grew wide. The sheer idea of children, not even his own, had his stomach all in knots. "Yet?" he parroted, but she had since moved on to gush about her man a bit more, cheesing and averting her eyes from him. A good thing, too, because as much as Phoenix could manage, he wanted to not think about anyone's pups.

Sure, it was a surprise — but it wasn't really that far-fetched to think that she had found someone real sweet and introverted, a gentle foil to his sister's outgoing ways. "Well shoot, Sedona," Phoenix exhaled the breath he had been inadvertently holding onto, and he ran a hand through his hair. "I can't wait t'meet 'em, either. 'S long as yer happy n' you like 'em this much, he's gotta be a good guy." He grinned a little, though there was no sneer on his face this time. It was warm and genuine, and even if his prying ways said otherwise, he was happy for her.

Hopefully he'd be everything she said he was, because otherwise Phoenix felt he might have to intervene and whip Sineria into shape. It was probably not necessary, though.

"He like horses?" he asked absentmindedly. "I could take 'em out ridin' or somethin', get to know 'em that way." He paused, running his tongue across his teeth. "I mean, after I get all situated and everythin', of course."

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
veldt
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 pm

WC: +4

She knew she'd rambled on for quite a while, but the look on her brothers face really said it all. Sedona splayed her ears apologetically. "Well shoot, Sedona." He sighed out a breath and she chuckled sheepishly, thumb playing over the rough leather of Hopi's reins as they rode along side by side. "I can't wait t'meet 'em, either. 'S long as yer happy n' you like 'em this much, he's gotta be a good guy."

The Whitesage woman beamed over at her sibling and if it weren't for the fact they were on horseback she would have given him another large hug. "I am very happy, Phoenix." As if all her gushing and the unwavering smile upon her maw wasn't enough to be proof of that.

After a moment, Phoenix then asked "He like horses?" And Sedona laughed brightly. "I could take 'em out ridin' or somethin', get to know 'em that way." "He does! But he's only just learnin' how to ride." She explained. "I gave him Hopi's first foal. And we've been training him up together. I'm sure he'd love the chance to hon his ridin' skills." She patted her mare's neck.

The topic of the fact she'd bred Hopi in her travels was yet another thing they two siblings would need to discuss. In the past, before she'd left the ranch, it was originally the plan to breed Tohopka and Hopi. But things changed. Lots changed. But that didn't mean now the paint mare's second foal couldn't come from Toh.

Smirking slightly at the glancing thought, the tan cowgirl sighed happily. It really was an elating feeling being reunited with her dear brother again. A surprise for sure, but now, it was like everything was right in the world again. Not that Sedona had felt something was wrong, but things were looking up and she was excited to share her home with him.

Leading them into the outskirts of Winterwynd she began to point out buildings she was currently still in the process of repairing, ones she'd already fixed and those occupied by other packmates. She then pointed out the looming Old Brassard Church up ahead. "That's the Old Brassard Church. Where we hold most our major pack gatherings and meetings. My place is just over there." She grinned, gesturing to the home in the shadows of the great church.

"Sineria's probably not home right now, but I'll betchya he's at the stables. Let's take Hopi and Toh there first and then we can all come back to the house. Sound good?" She asked, keeping her mare moving at a lazy walk so Phoenix could take in the sights of the town.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 pm

:D [+300]

"I — Hang on a second, Hopi's foal?" A weird expression crossed his handsome features, and he glanced down at Toh to see if he had caught what his sister said. While he did perk his ear's to the mare's name, he seemed otherwise unaware. While it didn't altogether hurt the man's feelings — I mean, we said that before any of this happened, so it's not like Hopi was gon' not never have kids or anythin' — there was still that off-chance that Tohopka would be offended or upset.

But that was going to have to be between him and Hopi. Phoenix was going to stay far, far away from that.

"B-But uh, yeah, I'll give it a go." He lowered his voice a little above a whisper. "Congrats on the foal, though. Toh don't know, so I'm not gon' be the one t'tell him." He cracked a little grin.

They continued on for a ways, and Sedona pointed out a few landmarks in the Vale as they went along. Her little house was in the shadow of a church, and his tail wagged softly at the sight. "Well look at that," he exhaled, "It's cute, Sedona."

The moment she mentioned stables he was hooked. "'Course, of course," he agreed quickly, excitedly. "I wanna see what kinda horse's y'all got. Toh's gon' need himself some new friends, aren't'cha, buddy?" He patted the stallion's neck and received a snort in return, as usual.

"And I mean, I'm wantin' t'meet yer man, too," he assured her, a devilish smile on his muzzle. "Gotta rough 'em a 'lil, see what he's made of." He talked a big game but it was obvious by the playful glint in his apple-green eyes he was joking. Sedona would surely tear him a new one before Phoenix could ever lay a finger on her mate, he figured.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
veldt
Luperci

Mistfell Vale