surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away

rio

POSTED: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: *sunglasses emoji*

In what was becoming an alarmingly recurring event, Dan was ravenously hungry and, unfortunately, far too lazy and hungry together to spend time attempting to hunt something. Besides, it was late. Moon and sun hung equally low in the sky, in some strange limbo between day and night. With a yawn, the teal eyed boy dragged himself from the warm confines of the den he had begun sharing with Caspar, his stomach rumbling in protest at the burning of calories, however few.

The old church ended up being his destination ultimately. It was always well-stocked with all manner of game for visitors and those less able to bring down prey. With cunning consideration, he argued to himself that as someone who had barely passed shifting age, he was amongst those considered to be "in special need". After all, his mother couldn't expect him to chase down all the food his growing body commanded him to eat.

However, no sooner had he entered the church, not quite fully grown on two pale feet, he realised that he was not entirely alone. In the corner, bathing himself out of a large carved bowl stood in front of a crack mirror, a dusky form stood. The boy crept closer, teal eyes spied on him from under knitted black brows. The man's cream hands reached to take off the strange patch he wore on his right eye, and as the boy edged nearer, he could see that the eyelids were fused together, scarred by an old wound.

Unable to keep himself from asking, he moved forward into the candlelight.

'What happen to your eye?'

Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Vida

don't mess with me

POSTED: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:13 am

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

The ride had been surprisingly tedious - Nazario hadn't ever really made it a habit to leave his homes and venture beyond borders into the outside world until he joined up The Cartel, but now it felt important to make himself known. As much as he strived for privacy for his fledgling Gang, something deeper, more visceral, compelled him.

He would be known - if not as a benevolent force, than a righteous one.

Mistfell Vale seemed a good place to start. They'd come to borders, brought their gifts, Lyssa was good with the intelligence she brought to the table on this Baelish and Sedona figures, and he followed the paper trail right back after his brother's visit. He kept his reservations close at his company here - but surely, they would not be so bad. After all, Sedona was a coyote, for the most part; and the Ursarchon was kind enough to put him up for the night. Friday had been taken to stable, nervous and jumpy as ever after a long ride, and Nazario was guided to his quarters for the night, where he set to washing up.

Cool, wet hands ran down the angles of his face, before his ears flicked to a voice, and, somewhat alarmed, his gold eye flashed over to the young boy standing there, watching him. Owlishly, he blinked.

"Eaten by a giant sand-snake," he lied readily. "How long have ya been standin' there?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
you haven't met me
i am the only son
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:33 am

Word Count → 0+ :: *sunglasses emoji*

'There's no such thing as giant snakes.' The boy countered boldly, crossing his arms as he moved further into the communal space. 'Anyway, if it was giant, why didn't it eat you whole?' Daniel may not have been an intelligent boy, but he was simple. He could tell when he was being lied to, perhaps one of the only inborn talents he had, besides making a nuisance of himself.

With a roll of his cream shoulders, the boy responded to the stranger with casual indifference, 'Long enough.' After all, he lived here, in the Vale. His mother was the Ursarchon and by that connection, he was a pretty big deal around the place. His youthful body radiated self-importance as he stood there before the sharp-faced stranger.

'You're supposed to be meeting with the Ursarchon tomorrow, yeah?' he asked, pulling up a stray chair at the large trestle table and resting an elbow upon it. 'What d'they call you then?' The teal-eyed boy prompted, equal parts curious and aloof in this mysterious cyclops' company. 'An' where are you from?'

Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Vida

don't mess with me

POSTED: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:44 pm

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

"An' how can you be so sure?" Nazario retorted, quick, at the boy's accusation. His brow climbed emphatically. "How do y'know that I didn't pluck my own eye out t' distract it so I could get away safe?"

The young man was granted a casualness that was only so half-earned, spoke with ease that warned the wild king of a life that put him directly in the line of things like diplomats and leaders. His eye scoured these details in the boy, dark-masked and lean and still so young yet. Green. Fresh. He was certainly a curious thing.

"I am." Nazario reached to where he had abandoned his eyepatch, and moved to refit it to his face. The loose band at his muzzle settled into the worn, trained groove it had shaped of the short hair. He smiled, conspiratorial, at the continued, prodding questions.

Boone and Rari had prepared him for this sort of thing.

"The dreaded left-eye of th' North. Haven't ya heard?" With his appearance recomposed, he fixed his gaze on the lad. "The Rey Salvaje, of a place called Del Cenere, north-a here. You, though, can call me Nazario. What's ya title? Yer name?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
you haven't met me
i am the only son
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:09 am

Word Count → 0+ :: *sunglasses emoji*

His brow furrowed again sceptically. Truthfully, he was so young and so untravelled that he really did have no clue as to whether giant snakes existed in other parts of the world. His only reasoning was that this... Nazario sounded like he was from around here, and there certainly weren't giant snakes around here. The concept of far-flung travel didn't occur to Daniel, and even if it had, he would have thought it unlikely. People didn't move around like that.

'If it was that big, it probably wouldn't have gone for something small like an eye.' he pointed out, his gaze steeled on the one-eyed king. The realisation that the man before him was someone important wasn't a daunting one. Dan didn't know what a "Rey Salvaje" was, but the prefix of "the" gave him some inkling, reminding him of his mother's introductions as "The Ursarchon". Same thing really.

'Dan.' the boy introduced, leaving out his rank. He had no rank as far as he was concerned. Being a kid wasn't a rank, although it wouldn't be long until he was given a proper, even if it was a relatively low one for the status he'd be born with, or that he'd imagined himself to have more accurately.

Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Vida

don't mess with me

Mistfell Vale