till the casket drops i will play god

p

POSTED: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 am

You will see me sipping on a soul of a new hope

'What happened!?'

Saga fought hard to keep the fury from her voice, but it still seeped through her softly accented tones. She'd left Ramsey in Posey's safe hands, scarcely stopping to exchange pleasantries before she made a beeline for Sedona's abode. It had been with frantic urgency that she'd rapped on the horsewoman's door, a sound that left no room for turning down the Ursarchon's company. She doubted that Sedona would have done so, in any case, but Saga couldn't be sure that a grievous attack wouldn't be the catalyst for a personality change.

It certainly was for her now.

Every since the attack, Saga's focus had entirely been on defensive measures. Part of her shouldered the blame of both Steinarr's death and the incident involving Sedona. While she knew it wasn't her fault directly, perhaps if she'd been less lax about the comings and goings of the Mistwalkers, neither of the attacks would have happened. She'd spoken with Elijah at great length, discussing what could be done. Both agreed that raising defences was a futile task until the winter had passed. Frozen ground and blizzards were the worst they could expect to come across, rain and mud the least of their worries. The Defender had vowed to speak with the Mistwalkers about self-defence and the entire, lengthy conversation had done a lot to calm the dappled woman's nerves in the end.

Still things needed to change, and there would be a pack meeting called before the day was out. Saga just needed the answers from the Hawkesond woman.

OOC [2+]

Image Credits: michael*choi, Photo4jenifer, & thor_mark . Table by Gen.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 pm

OOC: Backdated to October 24th/25th-ish. Drakehund III: Complete a thread in the Vale featuring at least 1 pNPC (Karria). WC: +6

IC: The return of the Ursarchon from the Casa summit was made known by a urgent knocking upon the door of the Whitesage residence. Sedona's eyes snapped open and she sat bolt upright at the sound, gasping. The interruption came much to the displeasure of the dappled pack healer, Karria whom hurried to her patient's side in the pile of furs where she'd been asleep to soothe her. "It's alright, I will get it. You stay put." She instructed softly, gently stroking back the cowgirl's hair from her forehead before moving to answer the door.

The brown coydog sighed and gave a low whine, consenting to the older woman whom had kept constant vigil over her since she'd (barely) made it back to the Vale after being brutally attacked. The deep wounds to the right side of her face pulled and stung painfully with each small movement of her face or change in expression. The skills of Karria had saved her from death, but couldn't prevent permanent disfigurement. The crude stitches and herbal poultices spread over the wounds felt strange but she knew it was all necessary to help her heal. The worst injury however, was the one to her thigh. It prevented her from standing under her own weight. Karria had brought her a wooden staff to use while she regained her strength, but at this early stage in her healing, she was still incapable of moving about with pain and a severe limp.

This worried the Whitesage woman more than anything because she feared for her ability to be able to perform her duties for the pack, as well as her ability to ride her horse. Hopi too has sustained a similar wound to her flank, but the mare was a lot bigger and the wound wasn't nearly as severe to the equine. Yellow-green eyes looked up as the familiar dappled figure of Saga entered the living room where Sedona rested by the crackling fireplace. Ears splayed as she saw the righteous fury barely contained behind the woman's eyes. "Saga." She said and tried to give a weak smile. Karria followed close behind, frowning. "Don't get her too riled up please, she still needs her rest." The blue merle reminded the Ursarchon gently before moving to the other room again.

Thankfully the house was devoid of the other occupants at this time. Phoenix had taken Sineria out of the house for a while (or rather the two men had been kicked out on the threatening word of the healer). "What happened!?" The leader's question came out sharply and Sedona gave a soft whimper, unable to meet the other woman's gaze. "I was out with my horse. Came across an old face I hadn't seen in a while. Probably been around a year? He's the big ol' guy I told ya about who'd rescued me and Hopi before from the icy river back then." She frowned and winced as she felt her stitches pull. Glancing up at Saga she sighed. "I shouldn'ta been so casual and stupid about comin' up to him after so long. But...but I didn't do nothin' worth this. I promise ya that."

Tears brimmed in her eyes and she looked away again, a shiver running along her body that she couldn't help. "I 'got too close'. And he just...snapped. When I tried to get outta there, it just seemed to tick him off more, I barely made it back. If not for Ezra findin' me on the edge of town and then Karria here usin' all her skills to patch me up...Saga, I wouldn't be here." She said grimly and her demeanor changed to that of a beaten animal as she wrapped her arms about herself, fighting tears. She wasn't the confident, upbeat Sedona that the Vale knew and loved. The attack had changed something within her.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

You will see me sipping on a soul of a new hope

Saga held Karria's gaze, unblinking and unwavering as she entered the carpenter's house. While she had no intentions of riling the wounded woman, the Ursarchon was determined to get the answers she needed. She did not mirror Sedona's weak smile, she didn't see that there was much to smile about. The dappled woman swallowed hard, her face contorting into a grimace, displaying both her anger and the effort she was making to swallow it.

She listened silently as Sedona explained. She did nothing, in fact, expect for nod in recognition when the woman brought up the tale she had told once before. Her lips were pursed and her stare didn't waver, standing as resolute as a marble statue she waiting until the injured woman finished before she let a long, tense silence split the dialogue.

Finally, Saga nodded tersely. A single, curt jerk of her head. And then she spoke.

'Thank you.' But it was insincere, strangled. Saga didn't feel particularly thankful for anything.

Another long silence passed before the woman spoke further. She swallowed hard again.

'You should've been more careful.' Her words were accompanied by a few unsteady nods as she uncrossed her arms and crossed them again. 'What did he look like? Describe him.'

OOC [2+]

Image Credits: michael*choi, Photo4jenifer, & thor_mark . Table by Gen.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

Mistfell Vale