Opportunities to be Found

AW for 1 or more - Shale comes to trade!

POSTED: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Time: Early Afternoon (Backdated to 6th October)
Place: The northwestern border of Mistfell Vale
Weather: Light mists, cloudy weather with a chance of rain

The trade with the coy-folk had bolstered her confidence. With the promise of further trade at hand, Shale set to work gathering and cataloging her wares. Squirrel, rabbit, berries and fish were abundant in the Chokehold, as was scrap wood. The dark wolf trekked downriver now with a variety of pelts, a dozen rabbit and six squirrel all tied in a bundle. Three skinned squirrel lay snug in a rabbit-pelt wrap, tied to the skins that held no flesh. In Shale's pockets were blueberries and raspberries, and in her biggest inner pocket? A burgeoning, half-squished puffball. The berries were about a day old, and the mushroom a bit older.

It wasn't as much as she'd approached the coyotes with, but it was a start. Promises for work or further goods could always find a place in negotiations. Connections were her goal, as she could start building a web of contacts and outside resources with them. From this web she could snag more than just mushrooms to trade or medicinals for her limb. She could barter for an entire winter's supply of goods, if she was lucky and persistent enough.

Shale had never nurtured a grand dream before. Most of her time was spent on the daily grind of survival and repairing the Lodge. Becoming a trader of sorts began as a means to live, and now was slowly taking place as a purpose. She hadn't expected the coyotes to need mushrooms that bad, and if they were in such need, who else might want her help?

Time to find out. A couple of sniffs and some careful exploration brought her to the Mist-pack's northwest border. Clearing her throat, Shale let out a long, trailing howl to announce her presence.
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Malfoy heard the howl and his hand went to his sword. James perked up, the brown males tail wagging happily. Malfoy shook his head, finding his mates excitement a bit naive...but that was just James. Moving, he went towards the howl with caution. Beside him, James was a bit more happy about the approach and Malfoy couldn't help but smile a little bit. Soon enough the couple found the black wolf that had howled, to begin with. James gave a hearty wave while Malfoy was more on guard about it.

"Hallo! What brings you here?" James asked, sniffing at the stranger lightly with almost physical excitement. Malfoy was sure if the tall brown male was a younger wolf he would be bouncing around wildly. Malfoy looked over the female with a frown. "You are within our packs borders, explain yourself or I will take defensive action." James gave him a look that he ignored and he gripped his swords handle, not ready to take any risks. Especially since somewhat recently they had someone trespass and try to cause trouble. James huffed "Ignore him, you are welcome as long as you do not cause trouble." Malfoy rolled his eyes but stayed quiet as they waited for their answer.

209 words | James speaks
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Trans rights are human rights
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci Weapons Master I Mate to James

POSTED: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:16 am

The guarded reaction was to be expected. The coyotes weren't thrilled with her intrusion when she first came. Like with the Moosehead pack, the dark bitch dipped her head and flattened her ears, curling her tail. At least one of them is friendly, she mused.

"Well met, strangers. My name is Shale, and I have no pack. I come in peace with a request to trade. I don't have much with me - I'm still gathering stock for the winter - but I wanted to offer you and your people what I have." She held out her one hand, the bundle of pelts and their lashings tightly grasped in her fingers. Careful and slow, she knelt and placed them on the ground in front of her.

"I bring meat and furs. In my pockets are fresh-gathered fruit and a mushroom - one of the biggest mushrooms I've seen, actually. It's about the size of my fist, and I know where to find more." Unlike with the coyotes, she wouldn't offer knowledge to where. Standing up, she waited for the two to give her an answer.

"If I'm not welcome, I'll leave these here in good faith and turn around. What you do with them after is your choice."
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Malfoy was personally in no need of hides, food or mushrooms, so he looked to James. The tall brown male looked at the hides and then scratched his cheek. "Are you sure the mushroom is safe? Many can cause issues right?" the tall wolf-dog picked up the hides and rubbed them to feel the quality. Even if neither of the males knew how to work leather, there was at least one member of the pack that did know what to do with hide. Malfoy watched James, knowing his mate wanted hide for some of his carving projects. "What do you want in return, I know how to carve with wood."

Malfoy looked back to the dark female to see what she would want. He himself didn't really have anything to trade, nor want anything from this dark pelted female. It was all up to James and what the taller brown wolf-dog wanted. Then again for all he knew James was just being nice, after all, there should be more than enough hide for anyone in the pack to be able to use throughout the coming cold season. Or maybe there was no hide at all, he had not checked the pack resources lately.

206 words | James Speaks
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash

POSTED: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

"The mushroom's a puffball. I've gathered and tasted them before. I made sure to try a couple of smaller ones sprouting off this feller I picked out of the wood." Reaching in with ginger claws, the old wolf withdrew the puffball and held it out with pride. Though a little wrinkled and bruised, it was the size of her fist and a half in its girth.

"For this and everything else I've brought, I'll take whatever you think is fair. If it's carved wood, I'll take it. If it's something else, I'll take it. I'd rather you bargain with what you're comfortable with rather than making demands." Along her dark jaws came a small smile, Shale hoping her teeth didn't glint too much at these strangers. The scent of excitement hung in the air at the prospect of establishing more partners to trade with.

"I can also take requests," said the bitch, "and if I come around these parts again, I'll do my best to bring back what you want. It's getting a bit scarce to gather this late in the season, but it's not like a little cold's stopped me before."
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:49 pm

James nodded and handed Malfoy the hides he wanted "I will be right back!" he then dashed away, heading for the male's shared home. Malfoy watched him leave, then looked to the female again. Rubbing the hide he had to admit it was of decent quality, though he would never say so out loud. Silence hovered as he chose not to speak, not fully trusting the dark female. It seemed like a long time that they waited for James to return. Of course, it wasn't too long since James had run both ways to make the trip go shorter.

The tall brown wolf-dog was panting as he halted in front of the black wolf and held out a few of his carved items. Bowls, a cup, and a small square-shaped item that was meant as a holder for soil and seeds. A planter is what James had called it, though Malfoy wasn't sure how well that would work for any sort of plant. James smiled "Here...you can have all of these or just...a few. Whatever you want." The taller males tail was wagging happily. Malfoy gave a small smile, he couldn't help it James's excitement was the kind you caught.

209 words | James Speaks
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash

Mistfell Vale