Trial and Error

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Ooc: Help Sineria become a tinkerer! He is working on mysterious items in his messy den. For the co-rank of Inventor

Sineria was in his den, and amongst his piles of junk, and he worked on trying to figure out his human items. While he worked on one of his items, suddenly there was a clunking sound and Sineria looked back to see one of his items had fallen off from a larger pile of junk. It was an old mechanical alarm clock, although he didn’t know what it was, he felt worried because of this as he didn’t exactly want to damage anything. However when he turned it over, the back of the rusted alarm clock fell off, and on the inside of the clock was a bunch of smaller and foreign looking pieces that seemed to make up the inside of it.

"Oh crap....did I break it?" He thought then as he examined the inside of it again he sighed,"Probably," He then examined it more closely and started to poke around at all of the little gears and windings. Sineria then attempted to pry apart the insides using his paws, and at first his efforts proved useless. However, suddenly there was a TWONG and suddenly a spring flew out of the clock and Sineria leaned back and screamed,"OH CRAP!!!!" The spring struck Sineria right on the forehead, but it didn’t hurt at all. However, his scream could be heard from quite the distance outside from his den.

Word count: (236/1000)
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 am

2+

The scream had been an unexpected addition to Saga's otherwise peaceful morning. Bright yellowgreen eyes snapped from the bone she was currently stripping of meat with sharp, white teeth, to the street outside of her shack. With a huff, she rose to her feet, letting the bone drop flat to the ground. She supposed she'd better go see what it was, lest she find out later someone had been gruesomely murdered in their own dwelling or something...

Slightly over sized ears, a gift from her father, allowed her to pinpoint the location of where the shout had originated from, and the scent of the shrinking violet, otherwise known as Sineria, made the two toned girl assume that that was who the cry had come from.

Trotting quickly towards the white male's den, she paused outside, a frown decorating her face, 'Everything okay?' She kept her distance from the doorway, as sure as she was that there was no danger, she wasn't stupid enough to risk it. Granted, if it was Sineria screaming, it almost surely was something banal. She supposed that shyness was likely to go hand in hand with chronic fear. Still, Saga saw it as her duty to check anyway.
Last edited by Saga D'Angelo on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci Lucky Little Leaf
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Word count: Inventor co-rank (492/1000)

Sineria paused when he heard the familiar voice of someone at his door, and he looked around at the piles of various human trinkets that littered his den. He immediately stood up and looked down at his hands, which were now stained from some crude, oily lubricant from within the clock, and whimpered as the fur around his fingertips had turned dark. The spring that popped out at him now sat at rest on the ground next to the clock. Nonetheless his home was an absolute cluttered mess from his hoarded collection of human trinkets.

"C...coming," Sineria called out then he scrambled to his feet and rushed towards the door, but then he tripped over a tiny toy car, and he hit the ground face first and yelled,"Not again!!!" He hit the ground with a thud, and then he got to his feet again, and raced to the door without taking the time to brush himself off.

Finally, Sineria got to the door, and he opened it wide to see a familiar packmate, Saga. "H...hello...uh..." Sineria exclaimed and gave her an awkward smile,"W...welcome...er...n...nothing i....is...w...wrong j...just m...me b...being m...me." As Sineria said this he didn’t even notice that his knees had been scraped by something, and although it was only a small scrape they bled through his fur. Not to mention that his fingertips were stained black and he had a small circle stain on his forehead from the spring.
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Word Count → 000 :: ooc

A weak whimper came from inside the den, and Saga's gaze narrowed further. She was just about to open the door herself when, albeit shakily, Sineria called out to her. Not completely convinced he was okay, she waited, and without fail, another crash sounded out from behind the door. The two toned woman's ears flattened against her head. Eventually the accident prone creature appeared in the doorway, less white than Saga remembered him. Grubby from tinkering with God knows what, he stuttered out a greeting, assuring her was nothing wrong. 'You being you...' Saga parroted, looking him up and down, utterly unsurprised.

'Well, seeing as you're not being slaughtered...' she began, 'And seeing as I'm here already, I feel like I should offer you an extra hand'. Again she gave him a cursory glance, noting this time the scratches and little pools of crimson that marred his coat alongside the black oil smears. 'What are you up to then?' she asked, attempting to peer around the male into his den.

Last edited by Saga D'Angelo on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Once Sineria heard Saga’s request his body froze up in place stiff with the fear of being judged. "Uh....I Uh....I....I g...guess?" Sineria said, and he looked around for something to divert Saga away from his den, but as luck would find it there was nothing around. "C...can we perhaps Uh....d...do th...the work ooout here?" He asked,"I’m t...taking s....something a...apart, and I...it’s human."

Sineria struggled to try to block Saga’s gaze into his extremely messy home, but there was a large pile of junk on the back wall of the den directly behind him. His eyes nervously darted from side to side still in hopes that he could somehow distract Saga. Even if he could divert her attention for a brief moment it would be enough for him to shut his door, but then he would feel guilty with himself. The more he thought about trying to dodge this the worse he seemed to feel about himself, and it stressed him out.

In fact before Saga could answer Sineria blurted out,"OKAY! M...my d...den is a c...complete mess, a...and everything is i..in piles, a..and I d...don’t know w..where to put a...anything...!" Sineria trailed off with excuses for why his den is such a mess, and he hoped that his confession would hold at least some honor in the current situation.

Word count: (738/1000) Inventor co-rank
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 am

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Chartreuse eyes narrowed curiously as Sineria stuttered out. It occurred to her briefly that maybe she wasn't exactly helping him to feel less nervous, but she disregarded her thoughts, how else was she supposed to react to this? Her bright gaze flickered to the man curiously as he attempted to deflect attention from his messy hovel to the wide empty expanse that surrounded his den. The woman raised an eyebrow, she hadn't expected an "inventors" den to be clean, but she also hadn't expected him to be this ashamed of it.

Sineria continued to attempt to block the doorway from Saga's view, and a flash of annoyance raced through her. she almost wanted to barge past him and see what all the fuss was, but her manners held her firmly to the ground. Before she could answer, he blurted out what Saga already guessed. 'And?' she questioned, 'It's your house, who cares'. Her words were blunt to say the least, but she didn't humour foolishness, in whichever way it presented itself, fairly well. Granted she was not an unfriendly person, she just valued simplicity. 'What are you taking apart?' she asked, glazing over his shameful admission.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Sineria paused at her blunt reaction to his minor breakdown, and he couldn’t help but feel embarrassed about his actions just now. "I...uh....o...okay then," Sineria said then he stepped aside and motioned for her to follow him inside. He walked over to the broken clock and showed her all of the old mechanical pieces that were inside.

"Th...this is Wh...What I’m t...taking apart. It f...fell and th...the back c..came a b..bit l...loose s...so I p..pulled it off, a...and these th...things w...were inside." Sineria explained then he looked over at the spring and he stared at it for a few moments and he whined. He reluctantly picked up the spring, and he showed it to Saga and whimpered,"Th...this f...flew out a....and h..hit me." Sineria looked back to the mechanical workings of the clock and he facepalmed and groaned,"I...I c...can’t believe th..that I screamed l...like that."

Sineria then looked around his den at all of the numerous piles of junk and sighed again and facepalmed. "How do I live like this?" Sineria thought to himself feeling ashamed with his own den in this very moment. Considering how long Sineria has lived in this den one would think that he would have felt this way much sooner than at this very moment. Sineria looked back at Saga now and whimpered,"P...please d...don’t tell anyone about m...my mess h...here. I...I d...don’t w...want e...everyone t...talking about m...me."

Word count: (1011/1000) Inventor co-rank
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:56 pm

3+

Finally, Sineria stepped aside sheepishly, mumbling something that seemed to come out half-baked. He then motioned for her to enter, and with little hesitation she swept past him into the room.

Bright eyes took in the cluttered room, truthfully she'd seen worse. Though before she'd had time to give the den a proper once over, Sineria's caught her attention again with an explanation, and a whine... Typical. He was like a small child caught doing something he ought not be doing. Mismatched hands took the human artefact off of the shaky male, and yellow-green orbs inspected it with stern faced scrutiny. 'What is it?' Saga asked after a moment, handing it back to the male and piece by piece, took up sections of the mechanism to admire. 'It looks finicky whatever it is...' the woman surmised as an aside.

The would be inventor spoke again, giving the woman an explanation as to why he'd cried out like a wounded child. She cocked an eyebrow, but said nothing about it, figuring it was better to simple hold her tongue in that moment. She allowed Sineria to gripe aside to himself audibly, 'Well', she hummed, unable to stay truly silent, 'You did', What was done was done at the end of the day.

Finally given time to take in the workshop in silence, Saga left Sineria's side to root deeper into the chaos. He truly had every bit of clutter that undoubtably had been sourced from those who'd cleaned out their houses before moving in. The male's voice addressed her again, practically begging for her silence upon the state of his living quarters, 'Why would I tell anyone?' she asked, not moving her gaze from the latest bit of tat she was eyeing up, 'I won't say anything. Unless someone who really likes cleaning joins the Vale...' she ribbed, though humour could not be seen in her mismatched face.

'What do you do with all of this stuff?' Saga asked, turning back to address the male.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Sineria let out a sigh of relief when he heard her promise and replied,"Thank y...you so m..much Saga." He picked up the clock and turned it’s exterior upright so that Saga could see it. "It’ssss....something," Sineria exclaimed then sighed,"I honestly d..don’t know wh...what it is." He then looked to the once-interior of the clock and he poked at it until his ears perked up at Saga’s next question.

"Wh...what d...do I...do?" Sineria’s mind went blank for a moment and then he shook his head to bring himself back to reality. "I...I s...study th...them, a...and j..just r..recently I decided t..to see what I c...could make out of them. Things l...like this c..can be useful y..you know? At least knowing h...how they’re m...made a...and how they were used is g...good. W...we o...or at least I c...could try and r...recreate and m...make new tools a...and useful ones."

Sineria then looked to his piles and back to the clock and sighed,"I...I guess now I h...have to d...destroy in order t...to understand th...these things r...right? I...if you w....would like t...to help that w....would b...be great! T...taking these things a...apart is t...tedious at t....times."

Word count: 242
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:46 pm

sorry it's short!

She inspected the clock a little more, but it didn't resemble anything she'd ever seen before. 'Maybe you should look for some books, maybe they'll tell you what it is' Saga suggested, or perhaps her brother would know. He had plenty of experiences with odds and ends, shiny junk that intrigued other was his bread and butter. 'Well,' she shrugged, 'If you ever find out what it is, tell me'.

The two-toned woman listened to Sinera spoke, paying close attention to his unsure stuttering. Granted she didn't understand his enthusiasm for the subject, or what she assumed was enthusiasm. He seemed more comfortable when talking about this work, or even at the very least, he seemed able to talk about it in depth.

Finally, the tinkerer gave the woman a suggestion as to how she could help, and Saga's ears perked up. Dismantling seemed like a simple enough task for her to be able to undertake, and especially useful if he found it a mind-numbing task.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt
ursa major

Dead Topics