Re: Not Again!!!

Shaa (St John, just outside the southwest border)

POSTED: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Sineria followed Shaamah down very carefully, and wearily that each step he took could be his last. The moment his paws touched dirt he was able to breathe a sigh of relief. He then looked over to his grappling hook and foiled up its rope then took the base of the quad hooked end with hooks crafted from bone and reinforced with human scraps, or rather tied on aside the bones as a safeguard just in case. "I-I know it isn’t m-much, b-but I could replace the bone w-with something sh-sharper, m-maybe sharpen the tips?" Sineria said although he didn’t know how to sharpen a knife much less the tips of a hook, especially a large one.

He took the device over and handed it to Shaamah for him to examine it himself and pointed to the hooks. "I-I think I c-can switch these out t-to something m-metal if we can find it. I r-reckon you c-could throw this at someone a-and swing it around t-to strike someone, r-right?" Sineria said unsure, he had never really seen a proper weapon in his life, so he just made assumptions at this point. However it wasn’t like his assumptions were wrong, his grappling hook could easily become a flail if used correctly. Sineria was kind of nervous now too, he didn’t want to seem desperate, although right now it really seemed like he was.

Word count: 255
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

POSTED: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Shaamah nodded with the information. A blacksmith was something he'd be able to locate easily enough at Sapient, but still, in order to hack this tool into something that it wasn't could possibly destroy it's resilience. Not all things were made for combat, though anything might work in a pinch. The tool might not even hold up to training, were he to use it too heavily. Thoughts crossed of what else he might do with it, but nothing came to mind. Even with Sineria's idea of catching something afloat, Shaamah didn't seem too inclined. He wasn't the type to jaunt off into the ocean for a dip, that is, much less be anywhere near it other than feet firmly on shore.

Taking it from Sineria's grasp, he turned it over in his hand and eyed it readily. What he mentioned as far as weapon use reminded him of what it was Kenji had fought him with. A specific type of weapon for a specific use. Not all arenas would show benefit from this type of weapon, open to clearings and open streets. Rare, as they were, encounters were easy to evade on these types of terrain due to the openness of them. You could see your enemy coming and get to better ground.

Even so, if Sineria was willing to repay him with something, a something like this was better than nothing,” If you are able, make it sturdy,” He returned the item to Sineria,” Function over form,” He specified. Shaamah didn't care for it to be pretty, as long as it held up to whatever he could figure use of it for," If you are capable of that, I will take your offer as payment for assisting you."

Salsola
The Family
Dark
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Sineria's ears perked up and he nodded and said,"O-Of course! I can d-definitely do th-that!" He then paused and thought to himself,"I at least think I can," He then looked back to the building and said,"C-Can you give me a f-few minutes to l-look through here? K-kind of sh-short on scrap at th-the moment heh." Sineria chuckled a bit nervously after this then started to examine the exterior of the structure for materials.

As he searched he made it a priority of his to find and acquire certain metal pieces to help reinforce his creation. He at least thought that any material harder than stone would help in durability, so he kept an eye out for just about anything the right size and shape for the hook. He eventually returned to Shaamah with quite a few pieces of scrap, and he laid them all down and examined them slowly. He knelt down and took a stick then started to draw out a design and muttered while doing so,"Okay this could go here... that there and.... yeah, that’s it."

He then stood up and looked back to Shaamah, still as nervous as ever, and asked,"C-Can I see m-my hook again? J-just n-need to make a few adjustments a-and you'll be all set."

Word count: 243
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Raze
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I

Mistfell Vale