Stung on the Lips

p. Zuri

POSTED: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:48 pm

What to do what to do, what to do with all these bladders.

He was not sure why he had made this trade, maybe he had found it funny, maybe he had been too drunk, but for whatever reason, Baelish had a dozen animal bladders now at his disposal. They had been given to him dry and whole, they didn’t smell too bad, and were in good condition. Bladders could be used for a variety of things; purses, water-skins, gloves… but he did not have the skills to transform them into anything that useful. But a terribly wicked and wonderful idea had come to him, something that would bring him great amusement. He had soaked the bladders until they were malleable and then headed down to Winterwynd.

There was a skip in his step as he headed towards the Vale’s main hub, but he had to be cautious. He didn’t want to run into anyone, not yet, his plan was a secret and carrying a satchel full of wet bladders would easily give him away. Luckily, his journey was solitary, and soon he was at the steps of Brassard Church; he entered silently.

Through a back door and up a dusty stairwell, Baelish made his way to one of the highest rooms in Brassard’s tallest towers. There, a doorway leading out to a small, crumbling balcony. It would not support his weight, but if he laid on his stomach and shimmied just right, he could look over the edge at any unsuspecting passerby’s below. Filled with mischievous glee, Baelish began filling up each bladder, one by one, with his water skin. The largest was the size of a grapefruit, but the majority of them were the size of a small apple; he tied each globe with a piece of grass twine. This was going to be fun.

Baelish tapping into his trouble-making side[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

If there was one side of her that many had not been able to see yet, it was Zuri's troublemaker side. That wasn't to say she wasn't trouble when it came to questioning leadership and their values. That already came natural when she was still living in Mortimer. So many problems could have been so easily resolved if Viper had just seen reason rather than be blinded by whatever it was he wanted. A leader had to think about everyone, not just himself.

But no, this was rather the side of her she only shared with her siblings, her cousins usually being the target of this play. When not working on her own skills or out on a trading mission, she was having small competitions with her cousins, showing to her uncle that she was just as good as them, or practicing her stealth when it came to playing pranks on them.

Crimson eyes drifted over towards the church, having been a short distance away from the home she had picked out for herself. It wasn't night time yet, so it wasn't meant to be time for her to be fully awake yet. One hand rubbed gently at her eyes as they shut before opening again, noticing a small, dark figure moving through one of the back doors to the building. Well this was bound to be interesting. Why would anyone who wanted to be at the church go through that door instead of the open one.

One pale arm moved up along her forehead, blocking out the sun as she made her way for the same door, quietly following along behind the figure she had seen. Once they reached the top, she hung back, watching the male do his work. Of course Baelish had been the one she came across. He had been one of the first to greet her to this new kingdom, and seemed to take to her troublesome nature, or at least tolerated it.

It wasn't until he had finished tying all the bladders full of water that she stepped into view, a grin growing over her face, "You know, it would help if you had some kind of victim for those before coming all the way up here."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Giddy with excitement, it was hard to keep still on his precarious perch. But he had to be quiet, had to be patient, it may be some time before his first victim walked by.

However, it was not long when a sound met his ears, and he turned to look back over his shoulder as Zuri suddenly appeared. At first, he looked at her wide eyed with surprise. He had been caught red handed it seemed, but instead of chastising him her teeth glinted white with a grin, before mentioning his lack of targets.

After an initial moment of stunned silence, he returned her grin in kind, Well then, what do you suggest? Think this isn’t a good spot? But it was then that front down before he could hear the scuffling foot-steps of someone passing by. Baelish peered over the edge of the crumbling platform and saw that it was Brom, the scruffy husky looking fellow that had once sought his sister’s eye. Perfect.

Grabbing one of the smaller balloons, Baelish held it out over the edge of the balcony and just before the wolf-dog below passed by, he dropped it. Sadly, his aim was off, but the bladder hit the ground by Brom’s fit with a satisfying pop, and the Whalstray jumped nearly fifty feet in the air with a yelp.

Baelish withdrew like a snake after a strike out of view snickering, he looked up at Zuri, Too bad I missed, but that was still damn funny. he managed through stifled giggles. Below, Brom could heard cursing, and then walking away. Perhaps this hadn't had been the best spot to start this game, surely now word would spread quickly of a trickster on the loose.

Really sorry about the wait, Salena :([+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:24 am

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: It's all good Nat. +300 words.

Zuri observed the man in front of her, not sure whether he had noticed she had come up behind him or not. Perhaps she was better than even she knew. His head peered over the edge before she spoke up against him. At first when he turned around, there was worry in his eyes. He had been caught in the act, but rather than threatening to rat him out for his deeds, she would rather join in on the fun, his own grin curling across his lips at this realization.

Kneeling down along the male's side, crimson gaze moved over the side before turning back to her partner in crime, "Well, I personally wouldn't want to just wait out in the sun all day for someone to come up. You should have asked someone to meet you here and then snuck ahead of them to set up. I don't suppose you have animal companions either do you?" Zuri's bats were very resourceful in that regard, but there were only so many targets that would be up at nighttime.

Pure white pelt pulled back as she heard the noise of someone exiting the church. Baelish had been the one to take one of his water contraptions, peering over the edge as he let one loose. His target did not get hit, but it sure made him surprised. A soft chuckle made it's way from her lips, "Yeah, that was funny. Why don't you give me a hand at one of those?"

There was going to be some time to wait since not much planning had been put into this, but hopefully if she took the spot he had, it would at least give her a little time in the shade as opposed to burning up in the sun. Laying carefully on her back, her crimson gaze met with the male's, "You do stuff like this often Baelish? Whatever would the leaders think of such a thing?" A toothy grin replaced the closed on, knowing exactly what her previous leaders would have thought about such actions.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm

After he calmed down from his giggle-fit, he became suddenly aware of Zuri’s proximity. She smelled fantastic; like the night, bats, and flowers. It was an interesting concoction to say the least, but one he couldn’t say he disliked.

He propped himself up on his forearms and handed her a bladder, I don’t do it as often as I’d like, not anymore. He said in response to her questions, Used to do things like this all the time when I was back in Portland, but I didn’t have much responsibility back then. Baelish plopped back on his stomach and scooted to look over the edge, but after seeing there was no one, turned his attention back to his beautiful companion. He scoffed at her statement on leadership, I’ve brought so much good trade to Mistfell Vale, I doubt they would chide me for something this mundane. Then, after a moment, quieter, I honestly don’t care what they think, not about things like this.

He went to hold himself up again to look down at her, What about you? He asked with a grin, Have a mischievous streak in you? I wouldn’t doubt it. He voice was somewhat teasing, somewhat flirtatious. In the light of day, Zuri glowed, but he could tell she was a bit tired. It was beyond her bedtime after all, he wondered what she was doing up and about so early (or late?).

OOC[+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: 400 words.

It was both comforting, and a shame to hear Baelish's answer to her question. Nice to know that there was someone else in Mistfell that held the fun to play tricks and pranks of others, even if they were not getting anything out of it, but a bit sad to hear that he wasn't doing it as often due to his added responsibilities here in the kingdom. It was that line of thinking that made her relate to him more. When she was much younger, her mischevious side of her came in full force.

Once she grew older and started to follow her father around Mortimer and the outside trade routes, it began to dull down, having to turn her focus on her studies rather than her attempts to outdo her cousins.

A grin curled along her muzzle to his second answer. It had been a statement the pale woman made in good fun, though his tone had grown more serious at one point. He didn't care what they thought about his antics. Well, so long as no one had a huge problem with it, she wasn't about to ruin anything for him.

Crimson gaze moved down the streets as she noticed someone coming towards them. It was not the same target as before, but still another male. He had a more earthy color to his pelt, orange along the top of his head and muzzle. Now it would be her chance to try and hit someone. Moving her head away from the edge, she waited, listening, peeking over once again as the prey drew in closer. The grin along her muzzle grew as her arm soon reached out, releasing the water bladder towards the ground. Elijah felt the skin before it crashed along the ground, releasing water along his backside. Eyes shot up towards their hiding spot, the pale woman covering her mouth as she chuckled.

It wasn't a perfect hit, but someone got wet.

Resting more along her back now that her turn was done, her gaze returned back to the male, "Something like that. Growing up, my uncle didn't think my family was much good for anything. I was always doing whatever I could to make my cousins look stupid, or outdo them. It stems from that."

Maybe she just needed some more excitement in her life as well.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Baelish watched with keen gaze as Zuri took the bladder he had handed her and waited for a victim. He wondered how well she could see with those red eyes of her; he knew that albino wolves and dogs sometimes had trouble with their vision, but she seemed pretty sharp.

She got lucky, and a passerby appeared; it was Elijah, and as he passed underneath them she chucked the balloon. It arched gracefully in the air, and then hit its target on the back, not quite breaking but rolling off and then exploding on the ground. Elijah, startled, looked up; his expression turned to one of exasperation and then he moved away.

Baelish’s grin was renewed, Nice shot. He said, and then turned to Zuri as she revealed a bit of her past, about how her trickster antics were more often directed at her siblings, or besting them in some way. The D’Angelo male nodded, though he couldn’t really relate; neither Saga nor Malfoy were as playful as he had been as a pup, and that remained a fact to this day.

The mention of her uncle not thinking they were good for anything, though, sparked his curiosity. Once again he placed his head in his palm to look at her, Mmmm, were you raised by him? I know all about father’s like that. Sounds like my own, though he pretty much just ignored us for the most part. He said this without malice, it was just the fact of the matter. Despite his father’s cold shoulder, he still had felt supported by him as a pup, and didn’t regret much of any of his youth.

OOC[+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

Mistfell Vale