I pray, I pray for a better way

POSTED: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Open for one more. Co-rank thread for Zuri. She's found a couple of injured bats. Why not give her a hand with taking care of them? +300 words.

Caring for bats had been something Zuri did even before she had gotten ones of her own. Esmerelda had been dealing with the little animals for a long time, at least enough time to teach her daughters about their care and how to understand their speech. These small animals could not speak in the manner luperci or other animals could. It took a careful ear to understand the low speech that was in those screeches. It took a lot of time and patience, something she had since she was young.

Careful and calculated, always thinking ahead.

The pale woman paced out of her home, the moon hanging up in the sky. This was the perfect time for her to be out and about. No sun to bare down upon her skin and eyes, and being well rested on top of all that. It must have been odd to some of the members in the Vale, having someone who slept during the day but was more active at night. Maybe it wasn't as strange given that there were now two albino women in the kingdom.

She soon paused, a noise in the distance catching her attention. It sounded like a bat, but that was nothing strange. Night time bought out many different kinds of creatures, but this was something different. This was a sound of distress.

Zuri paced forward, heading in the direction of the sound. There in a small patch of thorns were a couple of microbats, of which species she was not sure, tangled up in the mess. From what she could tell, there were some tears in their wings, and the struggling was only going to make those tears worse. Stepping forward. One hand reached out to the bats, giving each of them small pats on the head. If they could calm down, then it would be easier to get them free, then bring them home so they could heal.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 pm

(OOC: Hello thought this was right up my girl's alley.)

Dalia wandered out and about to practice her aim on a moving target, although she wasn’t entirely sure nocturnal animals what scoured these lands yet. She has seen the occasion bat that seemed to fly by her as she slept in whatever tree she found, however she quite enjoyed their company in the skies as long as they didn’t bother her. Red kept to her side and looked around herself, and sniffed at just about everything she could find.

Dalia took a deep breath and sighed and breathed in a fresh huff of cool nighttime air then paused. Her ears perked up at a sound and Red immediately darted off in that direction and barked as she ran off into the shadows. Dalia raced after her with bow at the ready and an arrow in her hand as she got closer as she heard Red's barking grow louder and louder until she emerged from behind a stray bush to see a white furred stranger who carried the same scent as everyone else in the pack. She was patting two small bats that were caught up in the brush of the forest, and this made her curious. Dalia saw Red in the bushes beside her, and her small fox let out a small whine as she was always shy around new people.

Dalia rolled her eyes at this and smiled at her fox then she turned towards the woman and said,"Hello there, do you need help?"

Word count: 251
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Thanks for joining <3 +300 words.

Animals in distress was something anyone had to be careful with, even with someone as small as these bats. The more they continued to thrash around in the thorns, the more risk not only were they putting on their fragile wings, but also on the chance of their recovery. If she was going to get them out, it would be best to try and calm them down first.

Where were Darion and Alexandros when she could have really used them? Two low speech animals communicating with one another would be much easier than her communicating with them.

The pale woman's voice was soft, a gentle 'shh' passing through her lips as she moved her fingers over their fur, "It's going to be alright little ones. I'm going to get you out." Their unyielding screeches would not cease, yet their thrashing had. It couldn't be very comfortable for them, not just from being caught in the situation they were in.

Head turned over her shoulder to the sound of a voice behind her. There was a brown luperci behind her, someone she had never seen before. Then again, given the smell and where they were, this had to be another member of the Vale. Was a good opportunity to get some help. At least now she wouldn't have to leave the bats' side, minimizing the risk of more injury, "Yes I do. I don't know if you would have anything like it, but I need a cloth or rag, something comfortable for these two. I need to get them untangled from the thorns and take them home."

The former was going to be more trouble than the latter. Better to work on getting started while the other handled the task given to her. One hand gently moved around the first bat's body, carefully moving her fingers along the bat's wing to untangle the first one. It's screeching grew louder again, though one finger tailed along its tiny body, "Shh.. shh.. it's going to be alright.."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Dalia paused for a moment then nodded to the woman and reached into the bottom of her quiver and handed her a large piece of cloth and said,"Take it, I'll help out as much as I can, I don’t know much about bats bit I certainly can patch up a wound if I need to." Dalia looked down at Red as she put her arrows back in her quiver and watched this woman as she looked really worried for these bats in general, and Dalia felt a bit honored to at least see someone that had a passion to protect something other than a wolf, and not just claim it to be food like back in Inferni. Perhaps this white furred woman has a similar passion for nature that she did.

Then again Dalia didn’t know anything about this woman, but she wanted to help her out all that she could in this moment as she looked to the bats and was reminded by Red. "I....I don’t know how herbs work all too well, but we could go out and get some if you need us to. Actually, my vixen Red here met me under a similar situation." Dalia stated then remembered the moment where her eyes locked with Red's and that scared look on her face as Dalia stared into the fox's eyes. Red's leg was injured by her snare, and Dalia was sure that Red's life flashed before her eyes before Dalia stood down and took her in. That moment was fresh in her mind at this moment, and it was motivation enough for her to help out as much as she could in this situation.

Word count: 292

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Feel free to PP Dalia coming inside when she comes. +300 words.

The increased sound of the first bat did not make things better for the one still tangled up. Panic began to set in once again, it's wings and little body fighting against itself to get free. Zuri's head turned over as the brown woman offered her the cloth. There were going to be a few stains on it when this was all said and done, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned out. Taking it with a small smile, the cloth moved between the gaps in the thorns, wrapping around the first little body. Now it would be easier to pull the wings out. Nevermind the fact that the screeches never stopped in all this, but at least some progress was begin made.

When the first bat was finally free of it's entanglement, it was time to get the second one it. The increased stress caused the poor thing to tare it's wings even more. Careful in her work, the pale woman eased the little creature, wrapping another section of the cloth around this one to pull it free. Once both bats had been freed, a wave of relief washed over the woman that rescued them.

There was no intention on ignoring the woman that had assisted her with this, and another offer she had made struck her attention. It was just better to make sure the animals were out of danger before they moved on to start their recovery, "These bats are much smaller than your companion, so they will need a delicate touch. If you are still open to helping me, then I will not turn you away. Gather whatever materials you might need and meet me at my home. It's the stone house near the side of the church." It would be easier to work there than it would here.

The cloth was wrapped around the two small bats, Zuri taking off in the direction of her home. Hopefully Darion or Alexandros would be there waiting for her. Having another bat to communicate with these would make this much easier. Carefully pushing open the door, her feet carried her to one of the side rooms in her home, a simple table resting inside. The cloth unwrapped, giving her a chance to look over the damage that had been done.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:09 pm

After about twenty minutes, Dalia searched around the church for Zuri's home and she eventually came to what she thought was her home. ”Let’s hope that this is the right home, this time at least. Dalia thought to herself as she knocked on the door and barked,"Hello? Miss....whoever you are with the bats?! Is this the right place?!

Red scurried up to Dalia’s side and sat by her patiently as Dalia waited for someone to come to the door. Dalia had gathered various leaves from numerous plants, not knowing which ones to trust and which ones were harmful to the body. She hoped that Zuri knew something about herbalism, or anything along those lines knowing how concerned the white furred woman seemed initially towards the bats. Dalia also had with her some more cloth in which she had stowed inside her quiver, and of course she had her arrows in the case that something had to get cut in any situation. Dalia wasn’t sure how this situation was going to play out, even though she had at least rudimentary knowledge of medical work, at least when it comes to patching up wounds.

Eventually Dalia opened the door and poked her muzzle inside and called out,"Hello? Are you here, Uh.... bat person?" Dalia wasn’t quite sure what to call this woman at this point. Then again she hadn’t been very creative as she has lived a large portion of her life alone in the woods, and she's got these strange feelings of something following her as of late.

Word count: 273

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 am

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

It hadn't dawned on her until she had gotten back, and was given the chance to settle down that she had not given the other woman actual directions to her home. Instead, all she had to go on was a scent trail and the few words of 'meet me at my home.' A soft sigh passed through Zuri's lips at the thought. It was so careless of her. Perhaps having lived in Mortimer for so long, everyone knew where the royal members lived, and being stuck behind closed walls all the time, every member knew where the others lived.

The thought was quickly shaken from her head, crimson orbs moving over the bats' small bodies. That was the trouble with microbats... their size. Ears twitched to the sound of their squeaks, but also to another in the room. Glancing away for just a moment, her gaze was able to make out the lining of Alexandros hanging in the room. A smile grew over the pale woman's muzzle. Of both the bats she had raised back in Mortimer, he had been the more protective of the two. Perhaps that would serve to help in this situation.

Zuri felt herself pulled again when she heard the woman's voice outside her home. Good, at least she was able to find this place, "Yes I am. Come in. Down the hall and to the side."

Her voice ceased, waiting for this stranger to come join her. She had a variety of plants with her, but the only worry she carried was if the woman knew how to use any of them. She hoped so. One hand moved down over the first bat's body, gently moving about it's short fur, "Both of them have calmed down a lot now that they are out of danger. There's some cuts along their bodies that we can treat, but their wings will have to heal on their own. I am going to keep them here and nurse them until that day."

And then when they were all better, release them back into the wild. She had her two companions, and they didn't seem the time to want to remain here for longer than they needed to. Younger too from the looks of things.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 am

Dalia let out a sigh of relief as she heard the woman break the news to her, and it wasn’t as bad as she originally thought it was. "Thank goodness," Dalia sighed then flashed back to when she found Red stuck in one of her traps. Red certainly was lucky that the snare closed around her leg rather than her neck or else she would’ve surely been a goner.

Dalia brought in the plants down the hall to the woman and saw the bats and sighed. Dalia wasn’t sure what she should do now with all of the plants she had, as her medical knowledge was rudimentary at best. She mostly hoped that she had grabbed the right plants, and that this woman had more knowledge than her. The most she really knew how to do was to close, clean, and cover the wound to prevent infection. So she mostly hoped that she grabbed the right plants, and that this woman knew how to use them effectively.

"So, what should I do now?" Dalia asked the woman as she held the plants in her arms, and Red just sniffed around the house curiously. Dalia truly hoped this woman knew what she was doing with these bats, and the herbs for them.... if she grabbed the right ones earlier.

Word count: 218

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Zuri was careful with her examination of the small animals. The last thing she wanted to do was cause both of them more pain than they were already in. For now, the most she could do was keep the cloth along them so they could remain calm. It was easier for the bats to trust her, to know that she was going to help them once they were in a safe environment, to which such a small item also helped with.

Crimson gaze moved over to the collection of plants. It was a bit hard to say, not having too much knowledge in the medical field herself. Fingers moved over one of the plants, a smaller one with white flowers on the end, "These ones here, do you know what they are?" Her fingers moved over the leaves gently. They looked a bit familiar, but it was hard to say.

The pale woman turned back to the two injured bats, covering one up with the rag as she took the other into her hand. The minor cuts along the body had mostly stopped bleeding, but there were still a few left to deal with. Her attention turned back to the tan woman, not wanting to waste any time, "Well, if they are what I think, then can you take the leaves and grind them up a bit? We're going to get them a little wet and place a small bit over the wounds. It should help to close them up."

Perhaps she should look some more in the medical field if she was going to be taking care of animals like these little bats. Better to know full well what she was talking about instead of just guessing.

Hand guided over to the desk, holding one of the wings out to help show the body of the small creature, "I will keep the bat at a good angle. I need you to put that mixture on the wounds." She could take any brunt of panic from the bats, anything to get them the treatment they needed.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:31 pm

"O-Okay miss," Dalia said then she grabbed some of the leaves and started grinding them up in her hands. She wasn’t sure how to do something like this considering most of her knowledge came from her time surviving alone in the woods, but she was still determined to help no matter the case in this scenario. Besides, the woman seemed nice and she was willing to help out a few small bats in the same way that Dalia had helped out Red. So Dalia was happy to assist in any way that the woman needed it to assist the small critters.

Red was around the corner of the room and she watched everything, but was both curious but frightened by everything that was going on. Red was always a timid soul, and a lot of mistakes she made have always been out of fear more than anything else. So the small fox backed away and started sniffing around the area out of her own little curiousity.

Dalia however was busy helping the woman, and she now held a bunch of leaves torn into little bits, but not ground into a fine powder. She hoped that this woman was going to direct her from here on as Dalia truly had no knowledge as to what went on now.

Word count: 221

(Sorry for the wait, school has been eating up my time.)

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Mistfell Vale