Waited too long

POSTED: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm

(592)

OOC text

There was no way of telling how far she would end up. Quite frankly the girl had expected her parents to swoop in any minute how and drag her back home. But they didn’t and she was glad for it. It was not because they mistreated her or forced her to do things she did not like, no, it was nothing like that. The girl was thankful for the way they brought her into this world and their unconditional love that gave her, but she knew they did not love each other. There was no reason for them to remain together in the same space if their only daughter was still in the area, so she left.

And here she was.

Wandering the world alone, swapping forms occasionally without tiring herself out only to find herself growing more curious about the world that welcomed her silently. Chocolate hues flicked upwards, gazing to the sky to see the birds drifting above her. They had a taste of freedom she had always longed for when she was only three months old, and she snatched her freedom the moment the opportunity presented itself to her. Those birds inspired her, it is why she admires them so much. The girl walked on all four as a lupus, dark ears perked with her head turning to the side for inspection. Lost was a word that definitely defined the girl, but she refused to admit it. Venus Naefir was not lost! Merely misguided…

A soft sigh escaped the brown lips of the wolf, her limbs moved forward cautiously as she was beginning to feel uncertain of herself. Venus did not know where exactly she wanted to go, or if there was anything out here in the first place. The tribe had shielded her from the rest of the world so much that she entered the world with no clue about it. It frightened her yet it was so exciting! The pace in her step grew faster, setting her movement to a jog when crossing the borderlands. The scent of water lingered in the air, enticing the girl to follow it and have a drink.

Which it was she was definitely doing.

It made her realize how parched her throat was. However, when the girl grew closer, something else caught her attention that forced her to cease her advancement toward the river. She grew uneasy, cursing at herself mentally when she was closer to the borders of a pack. While she did not know much of the world, the teachings of pack laws were something she remembered from her father. He had many encounters with them apparently, reminding his daughter how protective they were of their territory. She nearly crossed over just for a drink, what crime would be held over her head for something as simple as that?

Venus inched away from the border, ears stilled perked and still have the intention of having a drink of something. So she paced back and forth while whining softly. She just wanted a damn drink! Her movement finally slowed down when a figure of a black bird circled above her. Her eyes locked on to the avian creature, mystified by its mere appearance. Kaw Kaw. The soft cries of the bird caused her heart to thump wildly against her chest, she was excited to see this creature but when it drifted further into the territory, she frowned. Venus could not follow the bird, despite her desire. But what lied beyond this path?

She would have to wait and find out.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Phess

POSTED: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Felix liked the waters that the Vale claimed. Many packs only found themselves near the sea, with small streams or inlets to drink from - Krokar was the only one that was landlocked - but the Vale laid claim to both the ocean and strong, wide rivers of fresh and brackish water alike. As the river tapered and wove deeper inland, it grew fresh, and gave life to lush forests and valleys.

It was along this freshwater river that he strode, enjoying the scents and sounds of the fresh running water while he could. He knew it would be frozen before he knew it, and would stay that way unless it was broken. Even then, it wouldn't have the same visage as it did now, running clearly alongside him, carrying green and yellow leaves alike down its path. He reached an ending branch in the river where it tapered out to a little stream.

It was here that Felix noticed a stranger just on the other side of their borders - she was young, and clearly wolf from her stature and coloration. As he tilted his nose to the air, he noticed hints of confusion on the young female, and decided to approach.

"Aha?" he questioned, looking quizzically at the girl. "And who might you be?" he asked, forgoing all formality in introducing himself or the land.

| ###

Mistfell Vale
Ravenking
Sunny
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Big Game Trapper I
now dissolve me,
two tabs on your tongue
reality doesn't change

POSTED: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:05 am

(276)

OOC text

It didn’t take long for someone to approach.

Brown hues settled on the horizon of the river, wondering the possible habitants lay peacefully across from her, unaware of her presence. When was the last time she belonged somewhere? To something? The thought never crossed her mind up until now, but it did not bother it, only brought the sweet memories of home.

So when the voice of another brought her back to reality, she was not sure how to react. Her head turned, with the look of puzzlement that defined her features. Who was he? Where did he come from? Her head craned forward just slightly, wet nose wiggled as she inhaled the scent of the air. His scent belonged to this land. Was he a caretaker of the land? “And who might you be?” He asked her, a question she felt no reason to shy away from. It was nice to meet someone new after traveling alone for so long. The girl’s tail that settled behind her thumped slightly, a smile slowly spreading across her lips as she spoke, “I’m Venus! Venus Naefir, nice to meet you!”

The she-wolf dipped her head, bowing to the stranger she formally introduced herself too. “Who might you be?” The girl inquired. Her curiosity was beginning to get the best of her. While she could play the mysterious type in front of this man, Venus genuinely wanted to know who he was and what information he could share with her that could benefit her survival. “Do you belong here, sir?” Another question rolled from her tongue and it would not be the only one if he answers her.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Phess

POSTED: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

She reacted with pure curiosity, stretching out her muzzle to sniff him and give quizzical looks. Felix smiled - reminded him of himself when he was younger, all questions and curiosity and no reverence for whatever customs he came across. He liked it that way even now. The other introduced herself as Venus - a fine name - and then started to ask questions. Did he belong here?

"I do, in fact," he said, quirking a brow at the question. He wondered if she was merely being cheeky, or if she truly couldn't detect the scent of the Vale that smothered both him and the borders that were just feet away: he smelled like the pack and the pack smelled like him in a way that were inseparable.

"I am Felix," he said, "the Ravenking of Mistfell Vale." He gestured behind him to the rest of the pack, hoping that she would at least be able to tell that there was a pack there, that these were borders. "What about you, Venus?" he asked, questioning more himself than her. "Could you belong here too, maybe?" He gave her a puzzling look, half searching, half smiles.

| ###

Mistfell Vale
Ravenking
Sunny
now dissolve me,
two tabs on your tongue
reality doesn't change

POSTED: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 pm

(347)

OOC text

She did not know him. He was stranger to the young girl, but she had no reason to worry or fear this one. He seemed nice, she guessed. Brown hues watching the man’s face, looking for something to doubt his words, but she did not know where to start. The smile still displayed across her lips when he answered her question. Felix. A name she had not heard before but she would remember this one for a long time. He apparently was the the Ravenking of Mistfell Vale. That earned a slight look of confusion from the girl. She frowned, turning her gaze away from him to look at the land behind him. That was Mistfell Vale?

Ah! It all made sense now! His scent belonged to the land as did the land belonged to him. Where she stood now was by the borders of his pack. Or did she happen to trespass? His last question left the girl to ponder for a moment. Could she belong here too?

Of course she could! Venus deserved every bit of chance to find her place in Mistfell Vale and grow into a better person than she was today. That is if she was deemed as someone less deserving of life. The girl’s head nodded slowly, agreeing with his question. “I could! I don’t really have a skill I could offer.. but I could learn!” Determination burned in the lupus’ eyes when she answered. Why pass up the chance to join a pack? It could be something entirely different than roaming with a tribe, more work, more friends. Her skills were very limited other than to hunt enough to keep herself alive. Venus survived in the while with just her claws and fangs and at the time she felt that there was no need to pick up a new skill in order to enhance her lifestyle. This could be different and being the curious thing that she was, the girl wanted to see how this will place out. “So what do you say? What can I do to prove myself?”

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Phess

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:45 pm

She answered him quickly, and with vigor - he could almost smell the determination burning in her gut, see it from the way her eyes shone at the implication she could belong there. Then she told him she didn't have any skills.

Felix laughed at that - it was something that only someone that young and naive would admit, that they had no skills to speak of. He was certain that wasn't true anyway - if she had no skills, she wouldn't even be alive to stand at their borders, really. He peered down at her once again, curious golden eyes glimmering with some unreadable emotion, and then stood tall once again.

"Well, I'm sure there's something kicking around in there," he said, pointing at her head and giving a light, cheeky wink. "Why don't you come with me and see?" With that, he stepped aside and raised his arm out to the rest of the territory - a clear invitation in to a new life in the Vale.

| ###

Mistfell Vale
Ravenking
Sunny
now dissolve me,
two tabs on your tongue
reality doesn't change

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Welcome to Mistfell Vale!

Congratulations on joining Mistfell Vale - the coolest pack in 'Souls! ;) This pack is perfect for a soul looking for a relaxed, free, and fun place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Sunny & El

Mistfell Vale