Out Of The Elements

Sineria

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:54 am

OOC: Will mark this Mature if/when things go that way? ;P WC: 365

IC: November was coming to a close. Winter would soon have it's full icy grip upon the lands. One could feel it in the biting air, see it in the vapor that rose before one's breath, and today, it was evident more than ever by an ominous heavy rain storm with threateningly greenish undertoned heavy-bellied clouds. There was snow coming. Sedona could sense the cold front coming a few days ago. She had already worked with Brom to make sure that the barn was secure. The two of them, with help from other Valemen had at last completed the renovations and repairs on the pack's stables just in time for the harshest conditions of the year. The livestock would all remain safe and out of the elements thanks to their dedicated hard work.

Having made sure the stables were secured for the night, expecting snow, Sedona had placed extra bedding down for the animals and closed up the shutters on the building before she began to race home in the spattering, freezing rain. About half way there, the storm shifted, the winds becoming more insistent, howling against the trees, stripping them of their last remaining leaves and swirling them away into nothingness. The Hawkesond warily spared a glance skyward and the bruised clouds and whined. They were in for a doozy of a storm. Holding tightly to her hat, the woman shivered as the cold rain soaked through her fur. She was nearly home when the hail began to fall, pelting the earth and anything out in the open with hard, marble sized stones of ice. The hailstones hurt when making impact with soft flesh. The sound of the ice balls hitting the ground and structures all around Sedona made the woman pin her ears. She picked up her pace, wincing at every piece of ice that struck her body until she was able to at last dart to safety beneath the porch of her home. Panting, soaked to the bone and shivering, the woman glanced back out into the storm, making sure there were no other poor souls caught out in the downpour. She would offer her home as refuge to anybody who needed it.

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm

OOC: If things do then yes, but I doubt things will considering how socially awkward Sin is ;3 also sorry about the low word count, just trying to work with what I can.

IC: Sineria was being pelted by hail as he scrambled for safety in his lupus form. He’d shift into his secui form, but he couldn’t focus much as he kept getting hit by the cursed pebbles of water and ice from the sky. At this point he was desperate for someone, anyone out there to just appear and help him. It was at this point he saw the distant structure and sprinted towards it for shelter immediately. He hoped that someone was there as he raced with all of his might on his paws.

He then saw a figure, an optime figure, his vision blurred by his exhaustion and the constant pounding of hail against his face. He personally didn’t even care if this person was even a stranger as he howled,"H-HEY, OUT HERE! L-LET ME IN, PLEASE!!!" He then made one final push towards the structure as he went full tilt into his sprint as his goal was to get inside to safety, no matter the risks. He truly didn’t even know what was in store for him once he got inside, just that it would be nice, dry and, warm.

WC: 200
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:37 pm

OOC: I don't mind shorter posts, no worries! And as for awkwardness, let's see what happens when they cozy up warm by the fire. Hehehehehe! <3WC: 286

Sedona was glad she waited. Sure enough, not but a moment after she turned to look out into the storm, the white furred, form of Sineria in his more feral form came bowling haphazardly past her right up into her home like a pup chasing after a toy. Soaked, cold and disoriented, the poor male sought shelter the only place he saw available. Not sparing another moment for the elements to wreak more havoc upon them, Sedona swung the front door closed, sealing it against the howling winds driving rain and pelting hail. "Sineria!" The Hawkesond cried out in alarm, dripping wet and crossed the front entryway, grabbing a large rag off a hook by the door that she used to dry off and coming to aid him. Without a spare thought, ignoring her own needs to warm up and dry off, she kneeled and diligently began to hug her body around and towel off the male, rubbing the rag vigorously through his fur, trying to get the excess water free from his thick coat and warm him. "I'll get us a fire goin' here in just a moment. Don't you worry!" She told him.

Despite the bone chilling cold she felt, that made her teeth chatter, the Whitesage woman took care of her pack mate first, making certain he would be comfortable before she would get to taking care of her own needs. Water slicked her fur in a wet sheen dripping onto the floor around her, her hair was a stringy tangled mess, with bits of straw stuck in it. She looked a bit like a drowned rat. It wasn't very flattering, but she had just gotten off duty when the storm rolled in.

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Sineria blushed a deep red color as Sedona hugged and dried his body off some. "S-Sedona..." Sineria began and then she interrupted him,"I’ll get us a fire goin’ here in just a moment. Don’t you worry!" Sineria noticed the drenched fur all over her body and the chattering of her teeth and his ears fell flat. He felt bad, really bad about the way she just ran to him and dried him off as if he was a newborn puppy. It reminded him of his mother in an odd sense, but then again nobody had really cared for him like this besides his mother before. However, he still felt like that she needed help now that he was mostly dried off.

"Sedona wait...!" Sineria began then paused and blushed as he looked at her. For some reason he was at a loss for words, and although he was used to this feeling he was puzzled by it. He at least met with Sedona one other time, but he froze up as he looked to her in this worried state as she cared for him. "I-I.... y-you... Sineria stammered then he took a deep breath and sighed and collected himself before he spoke again. "Y-Your soaked, a-and cold! L-let me help out, it’s j-just..... I..... uh...." Sineria paused then he groaned and shifted slowly into his optime form then handed her back the rag.

"S-Sedona, j-just dry y-yourself off n-now, o-okay? I-I’ll get a fire g-going okay?" Sineria said as reassuringly as he possibly could, and smiled at her awkwardly and chuckled.

Word count: 292
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:25 pm

OOC: The floor in the other room is covered with thick, warm animal pelts spread out in front of the fire place. :) WC: 302

Sedona was always a giver. Someone who put others before herself, sometimes even to the detriment of her own wellbeing. It wasn't until Sineria's objections grew louder that the cowgirl realized her actions could be misconstrued as too overbearing. Blushing herself, Sedona quickly backed off as Sineria began to shift into his Optime form and spoke up, reminding her to take care of herself too. "Y-Your soaked, a-and cold! L-let me help out, it’s j-just..... I..... uh...." Sedona smiled awkwardly and nodded. "You're right, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..." She trailed off and stood back accepting the rag and began to use it to dry her own fur out. "--I-I’ll get a fire g-going okay?" The Hawkesond woman's heart swelled a little with gratitude at Sineria's offer.

"Thanks Sineria... I really appreciate it. Fireplace is in the next room over. The wood is piled in the corner. I'll get us something to eat when I'm finished." She smiled and wagged her damp tail, sprinkling water across the floor, touching a gentle, caring paw to her friend's shoulder before turning away, trying her best to hide the butterflies in her stomach that made a small giddy smile stay in place upon her muzzle. Running the towel through her hair, Sedona did her best to pick the bits of straw from it and squeeze the water from the thickest parts. She crossed her way into another room, the kitchen, where stored strung up on twine were strips of jerky that the cowgirl always kept on hand for extra meal supplements. Grabbing a few pieces once she had mostly dried off and the shivering had stopped Sedona headed back towards the living room to check on her company's progress with the fire. Overhead she could still hear the storm raging outside upon the roof.

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Sineria had gathered up a some straw, a few spare sticks, and what little wood there was around that wasn’t wet. He however had no clue how he was going to spark a flame up. His grappling hook was at home unfortunately, and he wasn’t quite sure how to locate some flint so he was at a bit of a loss as he sighed. He then stood up and spun around to see Sedona and he blushed as she had returned from the other room. There was no use trying to hide his cheeks, but he tried to anyways as he turned away and glanced over at her. "D-Do you h-have s-something to s-start up a s-small flame? I-I uh.... heh.... j-just feel a b-bit... awkward when I’m n-not prepared."

Sineria had partially lied, in all honesty there was something about Sedona that made him feel special. She was after all the first person he had actually "saved" and she cared for him above herself which was uncommon for most individuals he met normally. Still although these feelings he had interfered with his speech, it was something unlike anything he’d ever felt before. He awkwardly paused and scratched the back of his neck as he looked at her now. As stupid as it sounded Sineria felt the need to ask her something else, and that statement was,"S-So um.... h-how are you?"

Word count: 251
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:09 pm

WC: 457

Sedona paused in the doorway to the next room, holding the strips of jerky in her paw. She leaned against the door frame and smiled softly, watching Sineria work, building up the pile of kindling and sticks before seemingly appearing lost. She realized she'd forgotten to tell him where she kept her flint and steel. Folding her ears, she met his gaze just at the same time he looked up and noticed her standing there watching him. She blushed, invisible beneath her darker pelt, but his own mirrored expression was clear as day beneath his white fur. This made Sedona's heart skip a beat unexpectedly and she curled her tail around her leg shyly. "D-Do you h-have s-something to s-start up a s-small flame? I-I uh.... heh.... j-just feel a b-bit... awkward when I’m n-not prepared." He spoked up and the cowgirl nodded, quickly regaining her senses and crossed the room, passing in front of him and reaching up above the mantle where she kept her firestarter.

"Sorry, yes. Here. Use this." Reaching past him, she could smell the embarrassment and...something else she couldn't quite put her finger on upon him. Attraction? The hair along her neck bristled a bit with the rising of the butterflies within her own stomach. It was...pleasant to feel these new feelings around him, but Sedona wasn't sure exactly what to think of them. She was only just getting to know the guy, but she knew she did really like him. Right from the start even. He'd rescued her sure, but there was more than just some doe-eyed hero complex thing going on here. There was real chemistry. The Whitesage girl could feel it. She handed him the flint and steel, fingers brushing his as she did and she shivered a little, smiling, ears folded. Without another moments passing, Sineria spoke up, asking to her wellbeing. Sedona glanced down at the jerky in her palm, then offered him some with a small chuckle. "Better...now that I'm out of the rain and about to enjoy a fire with you...." She said softly before meeting his beautiful bi-colored eyes. "But if you're referring to my foot, it's healed up. It's just a small scar now." She informed him and lifted her hind leg to show him the small half moon scar on her ankle left by the trap he'd rescued her from. "This storm is going to be going for a while...I...I hope you don't mind staying the night?" She asked a little shyly and moved to take a seat in the many strewn about furs in front of the fire. "I'm sure you'll be comfortable." She offered and patted a spot beside her as the fire began to crackle merrily in the hearth.

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Sineria blushed and turned around and blushed as she offered for him to stay the night, and he strarted striking the flint and steel to get the fire going. "I-I.... thank you, I-I’ll stay sure, b-but on your terms. I-I wouldn’t want to b-be a b-burden b-by any means." Sineria whimpered then he struck up a small flame with the flint and steel and he smiled then blew on it some to to get the fire going. Once Sineria saw the fire rise above the wood he sighed and turned back to Sedona, and handed her back the stone and metal and paused as he was caught off-guard by her eyes.

He stared into them for a second or two then muttered under his breath,"b-beautiful..." Then his eyes widened at what he had said and he blushed harder and looked around for a distraction. "S-So th-this is your p-place? W-Where d-do I s-sleep then? Heh..." Sineria wasn’t fooling anyone with his pitiful statement as subtlety was never a strong suit of his. He felt warmer now, but he wasn’t sure if it was because of the fire or the presence of the beautiful female in front of him right now. I’m such a dumbass, get it together! He thought to himself as he stood there amidst the romantic lighting of the fire.

Word count: 251
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:24 pm

WC: 355

Sedona smiled and chuckled. Sineria was so thoughtful and kind. His nervous stutter was endearing and every moment she spent with him, the more she grew fond of the male. She watched him work the fire to a good blaze before accepting the flint and steel back, setting it aside on the hearth, awaiting him to join her on the floor amidst the furs. "I-I wouldn’t want to b-be a b-burden b-by any means." He was worried about being a burden when she was the one that just invited him to stay. The Hawkesond couldn't help it, she shook her head, grinning and scooted forward, grabbing his paw squeezed it reassuringly. "You are no burden, Sineria. I enjoy your company and besides I invited you to stay." She insisted and released his paw with a wink and then found him staring in to her eyes, causing her to pause, ears folding and a hidden blush coming to her cheeks.

She could feel a tingle run up her spine, a pleasant tickle and a small stirring in her loins as her heart skipped a beat. Where'd that come from. "B-beautiful..." Whispered the ivory furred male and Sedona looked away shyly, her tail curling around her leg and then giggled at his sudden gushing of embarrassment and next statements trying to cover his befuddlement. "S-So th-this is your p-place? W-Where d-do I s-sleep then? Heh..." Before he could go any father in his anxious cover up, Sedona reached forward and grabbed him by the paw once more, but this time, pulled him down beside her. "Down here, silly." She said and smiled, sitting cross legged across from him. "It'll be warmer here by the fire and....next to me." She trailed off softly, and deliberately gazed hard into the crackling flames, feeling warm, shy and like a million butterflies were rising and fluttering about in her very core. This was a new kind of attraction than her usual lustful pursuits... Was this the sparks of a crush? Sedona shivered a little with anticipation, in her shy, awkwardness unable to look back at her friend to gauge his reaction.

POSTED: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Sineria's eyes widened for a brief moment as Sedona's words seeped into his mind. He felt his heart pound in his chest, and his stomach felt like it was jumbled up in knots from her words. Sineria wanted to say something else, but he held his tongue for if he did it would probably be a soft high-pitched shriek from the depths of his throat. He gulped for a moment and sighed to contain himself then made his way over to Sedona and sat down right next to her with his own legs crossed. There was an awkward moment of silence as Sineria looked at her as something told him that he should say something to her, something that could only be described as... romantic.

However the pressure of the situation in his mind had him by the tail it seemed, and as he looked at Sedona the pressure only flung on tighter. "I-I uh..." Sineria muttered as his eyes darted around the room awkwardly before he looked her in the eyes and said,"Sedona, th-this is nice..." Sineria wasn’t sure what else to say in this type of situation, this romantic situation. Sineria wasn’t sure what to do either, this was Sedona's house after all, so he looked to her and asked,"S-So, uh... it seems w-we’re uh... stuck inside here f-for awhile huh? W-What should uh.... we do?"

He then looked into the fire for a moment and then back to Sedona and asked,"S-So is th-this, how y-you repay m-me for uh... that whole s-snare incident?" A small smile appeared on his face at this moment as he recalled it, and although it wasn’t too fun for Sedona to experience, Sineria was happy to help her out and it made him feel like he had more of a purpose than just his trinkets.

Word count: 333
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

Dead Topics