ring around the rosey

p. Posey

POSTED: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Baelish D’Angelo

The world seemed clearer now, back to a reality that he could grasp and understand. No more fear, just a settling, like the soft falling of snow, to something that was comfortable.

The last several weeks had been harrowing for the D’Angelo male, he had been challenged more than he had ever been in his life. In his line of work he had faced vagrants, gangsters, villains… those who would rather see his head on a pike than anything else, and he could handle that. But the unworldly? The intangible? The evil that had plagued the Vale? Those were things he was wholly, pitifully, utterly unprepared for. He had never felt as weak and as helpless as he had when Zuri had been possessed. Even now he did not fully understand what had happened, but he was glad that it was over.

In an effort to regain normality, Baelish clung onto one of the Vale’s most sacred practices; the giving of gifts. Saga had recently given birth to two strong, male pups, and the feat was in part due to the guidance of Posey, the elderly female of the pack. Baelish liked the woman – she was no nonsense and quick to give her opinion and advice; he admired her forwardness. And so, he had a present for her, one he kept in his pocket at all times, in case he ran in to her. He wanted it to be organic, and so did not seek her outright.

He was walking through the depth of the city, a bundle of goods in his arms. It mostly comprised of fresh, wrapped deer meat, and furs; essentials for a Luperci home, which was where he was headed. He didn’t know why he kept bringing tasty and comfortable things into the house Zuri had allowed him into, but it brought him joy, even though it sometimes cluttered the place. They’d find use for all these items, he was sure of it.

OOC || +3

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Mate to Zuri Negotiator I They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:17 pm

She'd seen a stag, wandering along the outskirts of the city.

It was rare to see a deer so close to the den of wolves, and indeed it had spooked -- bounding off with its white tail flagged -- when it spotted her. Why the errant buck had come this way, Posey did not know, but she pondered whether it meant something significant. It was the animal of her house, after all, so perhaps it had appeared to Posey for a reason.

Her tail wagged at the thought, and her eyes squinted thoughtfully. The stag, she recalled, had looked awful lopsided: one-antlered. It was the time of year most bucks would have shed their antlers; maybe this one had misplaced its horn somewhere on the city outskirts for a lucky Luperci to find?

She got it in her head to go searching for it, but before she could make headway, she spotted a lean grey fellow walking down the street, a bundle in his arms. Recognizing the sweettalker Baelish, Posey wagged her tail and barked.

"Hell-oo, young buck!" She grinned mischievously and winked. "Saw another young buck wanderin' not far from here. Just lost a horn, he did! Someone oughta find it, but -- where ya goin' with all that, first 'f all?"

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Raze
Luperci With Great Distinction

POSTED: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Baelish D’Angelo

He hoped, against hope, that things would get better in his household. Zuri had been recovering for several days since her incident, and Baelish had been wise enough to give her space. He had heard, through the grapevine, that she had not been the only one to endure such travesties; Posey too, had been possessed. It frightened him beyond measure that two women, so fully realized in their strengths, had succumbed so easily to a sickness beyond reckoning.

He tried to put this out of his mind, as he had done so many days before. Luckily, his train of thought was derailed by none other than one of the female’s he had been day-dreaming about; Posey. As they crossed paths, she seemed hell-bent on tracking something or another, and they nearly bumped into each other. But ever aware, the old girl raised her golden eyes upon him, and grinned.

He was quick to return this expression, as she explained that it was a “young buck” she was in hunt of, and that he was one of the same. Baelish laughed; Posey was always quick to cut through anyone’s defenses, whether obvious or not.

He shrugged, Home. He said; he was sure she knew all the connotations of that word. Posey was always one to have a paw on the pulse of Mistefell Vale; whether it be a pregnant girl or a newly mated man. She was quick to mention the stag and its shed antler, and he nodded, Yes, I suppose we better find the poor soul that lost it? He asked, wondering if she may set him upon a quest. Of course he would not refuse, he would be a fool to do so.

Baelish flanked the matron, his tail wagging in sync with hers; he wanted to show her the gift, but hesitated until it was the right time, Where did you see this stag?He asked, prompting her to take the reins.

OOC || +3

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

POSTED: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Sorry for the wait! :(

Home indeed. Posey waggled her brows. She was glad to see knots tying in Mistfell Vale, and hoped for more families soon, too: a new generation of a young pack. Immortality in a legacy of children and children's children -- contemplating this made her smile and wonder if their descendants would tell proud stories about their ancestors and precursors. It made her wonder, as she sometimes did, whether she had grandchildren.

She was sad that she didn't know for certain. She was wary of the stories her northern-born descendants would tell, too.

You can find 'im, Posey teased, knowing that she wouldn't contribute much if they chose to hunt the wayward buck. I want the horn. It'd make good decoration somewhere, don'tcha think? Cleverer hands than hers could fashion it into a nice adornment to place on a mantle, or perhaps whittle it into a tool. When she was younger, Posey had made things from caribou antlers for the hunters. She wondered if she could remember how to work it; she had always been better with stone.

Shaking out of her thoughts, the old wolf wagged her tail and trotted off when Baelish prompted her. Saw 'im headin' away from the town, she said. Reckon he couldn't have gone too far. Yet her pace was a pleasant amble, as much for the comfort of her two-legged companion as her lack of urgency and contentment to enjoy the day. Searching for shed antlers in the woods was a fun, leisurely game.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Raze

POSTED: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Baelish D’Angelo

At her suggestion that it was he who should find the buck, he balked. Baelish was no hunter, not even a tracker; when it came to the things that came simply and easily to wolves such as Posey, he failed miserably. It was in the ways of trade and society that he excelled… Baelish did not know much of the times of the humans past, but sometimes he believed he would fit in well with them, those hairless beasts.

The older woman also said that it would be she who would lay claim to the horn, and he relented with a gentle bow, Of course. Not that he truly had use for it, but the castings of the buck were a beautiful adornment, and useful in many ways. Posey had, of course, in the past made beautiful the trash of the human world; the toilet that had come from Baelish’s original home had ended up into stunning pieces of jewelry, or sharp tips to tools or weapons, based on her suggestion alone. In fact it was Posey who had really set him on the journey he now walked; that of a recycler and merchant. For that, to her, he would ever be grateful.

His Elkenfrey elder seemed to be enthralled more in her own thoughts than he had been in his, so when she spoke again he was startled. She mentioned she had seen the creature move outside of the town and he nodded, Well then, the chase is afoot! He said with a grin, It would be a pleasure, of course, if you joined me. He bent down then to nuzzle her gentle on the head.

OOC || +2

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

POSTED: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:17 pm

💩

The gentleman stooped to nuzzle her head, and Posey giggled rather girlishly at the attention. With a wave of her bushy white tail, she loped toward the outskirts of Winterwynd, where the gravel and pavement paths deteriorated into dark stone pieces then nothing - and the once-manicured trees gave way to thornier, tangled foliage. Burrs and twigs snagged parts of her coat, and loose fur floated away.

Why d'ya think Elkenfrey's animal is a stag? the female asked, glancing up over her shoulder at Baelish. It's in the name, I s'ppose. Fig're our House could be a fish or a hummingbird easy, too.

No one knew the precise machinations of Felix Nightlark's mind, but Posey took them in stride more easily than most. It helped that her own thoughts meandered down strange trails and metaphors.

The stream of consciousness helped fill the silence, too, though as the scent of the whitetail buck strengthened, she fell silent. Low to the ground, she caught a particularly pungent whiff, and ambled over. Unable to resist, she flopped down and rolled around in the mess, then shot back up and continued plodding down the path.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Raze

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Baelish D’Angelo

Even though Posey was along in years, there was still a puppy-ish like energy about her, and it was on full display as she giggled at his touch and loped away. This energy was probably why she did so well with puppies.

The white lady looked over her shoulder at him as he followed along on two feet, and put forth and interesting query; why was their house given the symbol of the stag. He laughed slightly, I’m sure it has to do a lot with the name; Elkenfrey. Though I suppose Featherfrey or Scalyfrey would have been just as good. Then he laughed aloud at how silly that would have been. Knowing Felix, it probably may have been one of the ideas on the table, just as equal to the others. Luckily Elkenfrey had won out that day.

Baelish grinned as his companion went to roll in something, and then returned to tracking sporting her new perfume. To each their own; Baelish would never do such a thing, but anointing himself in oils and flowery scents was just as strange as rolling in some dung.

They were deep in the thick of it now, the trail of the buck easy to follow, he figured they would soon come across the horn. And just as these thoughts passed his mind, low an behold, a quick glance to the foot of a nearby tree revealed the shed antler.

Ah, there it is Miss Posey. he said, going to retrieve the boney appendage and then offered it to her for a chew or whatever else she had in mind for it, I’m glad that its Elkenfrey and not Scalyfrey, I’m sure you agree. He grinned.

XD || +2

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

Dead Topics