Take Me Where The Noise Is Wrapped Up In New Voices

Winterwynd

POSTED: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:22 pm

OOC: Sedona's making the rounds through Winterwynd as Constructor (Going for Constructor Co Rank II) getting building materials from the unclaimed, more collapsed dwellings and offering her services to those in need now that Spring is here and there's a bunch of new residents. :) Can double as a house claim thread for anyone who hasn't done so yet! ;) WC: 484 +10, use co-rank in thread

IC: On this fine, sunny day, the pack was bustling with life. New and old alike was alive with energy as the Vale welcomed the change in season from Winter to Spring and with it the warmer temperatures, abundance of prey and an influx of new Mistwalkers. Sedona had been keeping busy the past week or two with the steady flow of newcomers trying her best to get to know the new faces, but it seemed every time she turned a corner, someone new was claiming another building for their own. Her skills as pack's Constructor would be required, alongside Brom's to ensure that any repairs needed to the newly claimed houses got done in a timely manner. There was already a decent waiting list for the new Valemen as the more immediate repairs were reserved for life threatening, urgent repairs and larger or less important things could be saved for later. But that didn't mean the Whitesage cowgirl didn't have her work cut out for her. She was going to have to take a few apprentices if she was going to get everything done on time. Luckily there were many hands willing to assist in the stabilization of their own dwellings.

With the packs own cart pulling horse, Ember at the head of a large flatbed cart, Sedona leading the beast along down the streets of Winterwynd, she and Brom (leading another horse, Bub with his own cart) went about scavenging for materials that could be used again in the repair projects of occupied homes. The dysfunctional structures wouldn't serve as much on the outskirts of the old town, and most residents seemed to cluster close to the large old church at the center so the two builders didn't think anyone would mind their scrounging from here. The squeaky wheels on the carts creaked and groaned as they two luperci filled them full with wood and other salvaged materials, headed deeper into town and towards the occupied lanes. They were coming up on where she knew a few new pack mates had been scoping out for some new homes and although she didn't see them about now, she had agreed to assist in repairing the roofs of the row of dwellings on the entire block they had been looking at. Bringing her horse and cart to a halt, Sedona waved Brom on along down the road and bid him farewell for now as he'd be starting on the far end, before padding her way through the overgrown front yard and into the first home, knocking on the ajar front door just to be certain she wasn't intruding. She'd hate to walk in on someone's mid-day nap. Once she was sure the area was clear, she'd begin assessing the damage, clearing the rotting old building materials out of the way, and start working on replacing the roof with the solid supplies scavenged in the cart.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

POSTED: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:34 pm

I'd like to use this as a house claim! Once I figure how to do that -_-

The week and some that passed after Alma found her way to the Vale had been interesting; both very busy and very quiet in turns as she worked to find where she fit in her new home. It had quickly become clear that while the weather was turning it was still very cold at night. Too cold to sleep out of doors. So Alma had prodded a few of her new pack mates into pointing her towards a cluster of abandoned but still functional buildings.

She had fussed over the houses for a few days and changed her mind more than once before she was satisfied. The options mostly ranged from largish-ish but damaged to small and...well still damaged, but less so. It was one of the latter she had picked. No need to worry about extra space when she was just one small coyote.

So here she was, her meager belongings were stacked neatly on the 'table' (a mostly-flat piece of wood balanced precariously on an old crate) she had arranged near her 'bed' (mostly just her fluffy winter cloak spread on the floor.) Still, the makeshift setup made her smile whenever she looked at it. Shabby or not it was hers.

The clatter of hooves and cart wheels nearby drew her attention from where she'd been sorting through the bits of debris that lingered. Alma poked her head out one of the empty window frames just in time to see a copper figure turn back around the corner towards the cart.

Alma pulled herself through the window she was leaning out of and rounded the corner herself. There was indeed a cart, and a horse too. A pretty, be-hatted woman was already at work on the contents, building supplies? of her cart.

Alma quickly ran through the jumble of new names and faces in her head and made a guess. "Good morning Sedona!" Hopefully that was right. "Was that you I heard knock? Do you need something?"
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Rhea
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:05 pm

OOC: Haha, by stating in this thread that Alma is claiming a house, you're doing it. ^^ You can then put a description of her home on the pack Wiki, or if you're not comfortable editing the Wiki yourself, you can PM leadership and they can add the description for you! :D WC: 314

IC: At first there was no response to her knock. But that didn't deter the woman. It just meant she could get to work quicker. Smiling to herself, Sedona returned to the cart of supplies, patting Ember's haunches as she passed by the docile beast, making note to herself to grab him an extra carrot from the gardens next time she passed by. As she was beginning to unload some basic tools and supplies from the wagon, suddenly a familiar voice rose into the air from inside the dwelling. "Good morning Sedona! Was that you I heard knock? Do you need something?" The Whitesage womans ears perked and her head snapped up at the sound of the snowy coated woman.

A wide grin found its way onto the cowgirl's maw and she tipped her hat in greeting. "Howdy Alma, I didn't see ya in there." It was ironic, considering the woman was bright blinding white. "I was jus' comin' 'round with supplies to fix up some of these houses. Is this one yers?" The coydog asked with a swish of her tail. "I know it's got a bad patch on the roof and a missin' plank on the porch. I was just gonna patch those things up then move along but I can come back another time if I'm intrudin'" She scratched the back of her head, placing a paw on the neck of the horse at her side awaiting an answer.

She had about a dozen homes to get through on her side of the street. Brom had the other side. Together they'd surely get the project completed in a month's time, but there was no way of being certain. It would all depend on supplies, weather cooperation and making sure neither of the two construction workers burned out. It wasn't an easy job building and repairing structures. But someone had to do it.

POSTED: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:46 am

OCC: Maybe Nyla can help with your project and they find some not so shabby looking polycarbonate for the greenhouse she has been working on. Been wanting to meet more pack and wondered if anyone was a builder
WC: 306

Nyla had been working on the green house for a while now and had finally gotten rid of all the ivy covering the building. Now she could work on the rebuilding side of things. All of the glass that had been in the building had been swept up by this point, her paw pads still sporting a few cuts from the cleaning. Between the glass, rotten wood and ivy, Nyla had had her paws full over the last month with just cleaning up the place. Now she needed supplies to rebuild it with. Nyla wasn't too far out of town and had decided after a quick glance around that she might be able to find supplies and help while she was there.

She wrapped herself in her cloak, despite the warming weather, the old tattered cloak her protection from those who might judge her for her scars. She pulled her hood up to cover her floppy, torn ear and the pink and white scars that covered her muzzled and face from fighting. Nyla made her way to town fairly quickly and had just rounded a corner when she noticed an white furred wolf talking to a brownish wolf. She hadn't met many people from her pack yet and she approached with caution.

"HI! My name is Nyla Silas. I was wondering if you might need help or could possibly help me? I am looking for building materials and some extra hands to help me with a project I have going just outside of town," she said when she was close enough for the two new people to hear her. It seemed like the brownish one was repairing the house that a cart full of supplies was sitting in front of. Nyla wondered if the brownish one could help her make hatches for her cave.
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Dee

POSTED: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:46 pm

@westy that clears things up, thank you :)

Alma's tail wagged at the cowgirl's greeting, happy to have gotten her name right. The coyote scampered over to help lift supplies from the cart.

"It is mine! I'd be happy to have your help; I was at a bit of a loss for what to do to fix things myself." Alma smiled ruefully, "Not exactly my area of expertise you know. Oh, but I'm happy to follow you around today if you need help! Carry supplies, hold things, all that. It could- oh!"

Alma cut herself off at the approach of a third luperci. She recognized the dark fur and two-toned eyes of the wolf, but couldn't place a name to her face. Alma stepped back, opening a spot in the conversation for the newcomer.

"Hello Nyla! It sounds like you've come looking at a good time! I'm Alma, new of the Mistwalkers." She swept into a showy bow, grinning as she straightened. "I was just offering to help Sedona," a gesture to the afformentioned, "with her repairs. Perhaps I could lend you a hand next? I'll even offer you two." She wiggled both paws in a ta-da! then looked back to Sedona for her thoughts.
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Rhea
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 am

OOC: Glad to help, Rhea! ^^ Welcome, Dee! :D WC: 428

IC: Sedona smiled as Alma moved to assist with the building supplies within the cart, eager to help with repairs on her home (as she confirmed the structure to be). It was always nice to have a helping pair of hands on any project. The Constructor was happy to have the pale woman's assistance for it would make fixing the roof and porch go by much faster and easier. "I'm glad to the help. Anytime." She said and continued chatting with the albino woman. The two luperci were working on unloading the wagon when another packmate came up to them, wrapped in a heavy cloak that obscured most of her form. The cowgirl recalled the female from before, but like Alma could not recall her by name.

Regardless, the Hawkesond wagged her tail in greeting and tipped her hat. "HI! My name is Nyla Silas. I was wondering if you might need help or could possibly help me? I am looking for building materials and some extra hands to help me with a project I have going just outside of town." Nyla. That was her name. Right! The Whitesage woman's ears perked and she turned to face the other with an armful of wood planks. "Howdy Nyla. It's nice to meet you. I'm Sedona. Hawkesond, Silvenpath." She introduced herself warmly. "It sounds like you've come looking at a good time! I'm Alma, new of the Mistwalkers." The pink nosed woman replied next with a fancy flourish that made Sedona chuckle softly. "I was just offering to help Sedona with her repairs. Perhaps I could lend you a hand next? I'll even offer you two." Alma cracked a joke and Sedona shook her head with a grin. The newcomer was quite a character for sure.

"Aye. I was just gonna get the roof and porch patched up here on Alma's house but then we can see what we might be able to do for ya. Mind stickin' around?" She asked Nyla with a small flick of her tail. "Ya can help too if ya'd like. The more the merrier!" She exclaimed and started walking with her bundle of planks towards the house. 'Looks like I've got my work cut out for me today.' The cowgirl thought as she crossed the threshold into the white furred woman's abode. Despite the workload, Sedona felt upbeat and looked forward to the tasks ahead. It was a chance to stay busy and do something for the good of the pack, as well as a chance to better get to know her newer pack mates.

Dead Topics