From My Heart To Yours

Zuri (and pups!)

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:02 pm

OOC: Drakehund Gift Giving Thread Specialty Thread Prompt: "Mistfell Vale has seen a rather sizable increase in it's membership in recent months. Perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce yourself to one of the newer Mistwalkers, perhaps to help them settle in or to drop a gift around to them?" Sedona's meeting the new pups! And she's got a small gift basket for the new momma. ;) Another cruddy start, sorry. I'm tired today, lol. WC: 251

IC: The Whitesage woman had been so busy as of late with the influx of newcomers to the borders and repairing the houses in Winterwynd so that they'd have places to comfortably live she'd yet to meet the tiniest new members of the Vale. Today, on a cloudy afternoon, the cowgirl had set Brom to work without her for the time being taking some time aside to bring over some small gift baskets to the three new mothers of the pack. Her first stop was to the newest of the three, Zuri. The pale woman had just delivered her two children (whose names slipped Sedona's mind at the moment) not but a week ago and so the items in her gift basket were meant for the tiny pups.

Making sure she had everything in the small basket, Sedona donned her cowboy hat and set out of her house, down the road to Zuri's. The way there was uneventful. Birds chirped and sang their Spring songs and for a brief moment the sun peeked through the clouds illuminating the road ahead of the Hawkesond. Smiling to herself, Sedona turned down the small side street to Zuri's home and then approached the front door. Gently she knocked, unsure if now was a good time to visit or not. Calling out softly she hoped she wasn't disturbing the new mother. "Zuri? It's Sedona. I've brought a small somethin' for ya and the kiddos. Mind if I come in?" She asked and wagged her tail, hopeful.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:41 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Leaving the house on her own was nearly an impossible task with how young her children were. She had been able to do so once recently, but she made sure it was the middle of the night, when both the pups and her mate would be resting. The Vale was a safe place, and there was very little reason to believe that someone would break into her home in the middle of the night to harm them. Those here could be trusted, and what had happened in the winter had long since been dealt with.

Zuri had shed her usual white dress, choosing to wear more of a long white jacket. It was of a much lighter material, and something that could be used to cover the girls as they were bundled up close to her side. It was also something much easier to put on and take off when it came to feeding and resting.

Head moved up to the sound of the voice coming from outside of her home. With the news of the newborns spreading through the Vale, it was expected that there would be those coming to her home to see them. So long as they were careful with the girls, there should be no problem with showing them off.

The pale woman came to the door, opening in with a smile, "Hello again Sedona. It's been some time since you were last at my dwelling. Baelish moved in but he's out right now. Please, come in." She waited for the earthly woman to step inside, slowly closed the door behind her, moving off to the side where a small space had been closed off and lined with furs, "They're over here." The two pups laid against the furs as well as each other. Zansa, the grayish one was making noise unlike her golden sister.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

POSTED: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:14 pm

WC: 397

Sedona's maw cracked into a wide grin as the door slowly opened and the radiantly white pelted Zuri greeted her. "Hello again Sedona. It's been some time since you were last at my dwelling. Baelish moved in but he's out right now. Please, come in." The new mother spoke with a gentle kindness that always made the cowgirl feel welcome. Stepping inside, the small basket of items slung over her arm, the Whitesage woman wagged her tail as the door shut oftly behind her. Turing to Zuri she chuckled. "Aye. I know I haven't visited in a while, I apologize." She slightly splayed her ears. "I've been trying to be better about getting out to actually socialize and not let my duties consume all my free time. Since the influx of new pack mates, I've been workin' hard on restorin' the houses throughout Winterwynd." She smiled. "Sineria gets most of my time off honestly. Ever since he moved in with me, it's gotten much easier to coordinate." She explained, moving with her hostess deeper into the home towards the sound of the squabbling pups in the sectioned off, fur lined puppy-proofed area.

Upon sight of the girls, Sedona's heart melted a little. They were so little, and absolutely beautiful. She wagged her tail and set down the basket of goods, looking to Zuri with warmth and adoration in her gaze. "Oh Zuri, they're gorgeous. You must be so proud!" Sedona gushed softly, admiring the different coat patterns on the twins. "Now, which one's which, I have a little something for 'em." She chuckled and reached into the basket pulling out one deep blue dyed cloth and one blood orange dyed cloth with embroidered letter Z's on each in white thread. "It was tradition in my family to get one of these." She told Zuri, holding them out for her to examine. "We each got one when we were tiny and as we got older, they became bandana's. As ya can see, I still got mine." She chuckled, referring to the red cloth about her own neck pulling at it with her thumb. "I know it's probably not your style, but...well, I hope you like 'em all the same." The coydog said, glancing down a little embarrassed. She knew that Zuri was born of a higher class and may not quite get the simpler ways of the cowgirl.

POSTED: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Everyone had their own lives to live here in the Vale. It was such a breath of fresh air from the choking life she had before running away to this place. The leadership was there to assist and lead them sure, but not here to control everything about their lives. Their job was meant to take charge and protect. Perhaps that was the true case to how Zuri had mellowed out since she had come here.

There was no reason for barriers, no reason to discuss inner politics, and no need to speak out against lingering corrupt members.

One hand moved off, waving off the tan woman's words with a smile, "I understand. There's no need to apologize." She gave a small pause before catching on to Sedona mentioning someone had moved in with her, and the fact that the two of them had been spending a lot of time together helped her to put two and two together, "Sineria hmm? Are you both mates or perhaps pushing towards that direction? Either way, congratulations."

The two moved over to the pups, crimson eyes gazing over to the cowgirl to see her eyes light up at the sight. Zuri's smile couldn't help but widen. They were perfect... well... almost perfect. That one nagging thought about Zelda would not leave no matter how much she wanted it to.

The pale woman's attention was brought back to the present when Sedona questioned which one was which. Before the answer could be given, she went on to explain that she had brought her own gift over, something that was a tradition in her family. That was something that made it all the more special. Eyes softened as the mother reached down, taking the noisy gray pup into her arms, "I wouldn't think to do something like that, but trust me when I say the sentiment is appreciated, and I thank you for sharing a gift of your family with mine. Such a thing would be unheard of where I came from."

Taking a step closer, she held the tiny pup out a bit, "This one is Zansa. The golden one there is Zelda."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

POSTED: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm

OOC: Squee! <3 WC: 471

WC: Sedona was beyond overjoyed to be so welcomed near the tiny, wriggling fluffs that were Zuri and Baelish's pups. The younglings were so precious and helpless, the cowgirl found her own motherly instincts kicking into high gear, just being in their proximity. The soft noises made by the greyish pup had the coydog's ears trained intently upon her squirming form, just in case her cries should turn into something more than minor discomfort at being away from mom. Her sister was still quiet but did bobble her head about, snuffling into her sister's pudgy side. The cowgirl cooed softly at the little ones before focusing back on Zuri who leaned forward to pick up the grey pup who gave a soft mewling sound as she was held out for Sedona to hold. "This one is Zansa. The golden one there is Zelda."

"Beautiful names. I'm glad I remembered they began with a "Z"! She grinned and then her face softened at the young ones still closed eyes and tiny folded ears. She was gosh darn adorable! Taking the blue bandana, the Whitesage woman placed it out flat in her palms before carefully accepting the young pup in her arms, receiving nudges and nuzzles and soft cries of unfamiliarity from the little furball. Sedona's heart melted, holding the mini version of Zuri and Baelish close to her chest and she gently swaddled the pup for a brief moment like a burrito, leaving her little back feet and tail, head and forepaws to dangle free out the open ends so she wouldn't feel restricted and then showed off how the bandana went well with the grey of the child's pelt. "She'll look great in it when she's older." Sedona smiled and then gently untucked the bandana from around the babe scritching the top of her head a bit before lovingly returning her to her mother.

"This orange one is for Zelda, then. I think it's gonna stand out well against that golden fur of hers." The Whitesage woman wagged her tail looking up from the yellow pup back up to Zuri. "Sineria and I, --yes, we're mated by the way --" she paused with a smile, answering the pale woman's earlier assumption. "We've been thinkin' of havin' a family of our own. The Vale is thrivin' with new little ones, I just dunno if we're ready..." She chuckled and sighed happily. "I'm really happy for ya Zuri, they really are beautiful. And you are just positively glowing, dear." Sedona leaned forward and gave a friendly hug to the new mom. "You just let me know if you ever need anythin' alright?" She wagged her tail before releasing the ivory woman hoping she'd not overstepped bounds or anything. She knew some people weren't as accustomed to Sedona's outwardly friendly and affectionate nature.

POSTED: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +500 words.

It was a bit strange to think about it. Her body was moving a bit faster than her mind was. Her children were still so young.. so tiny.. and so vulnerable, and here she was offering one of them out to the tan woman. Aside from one get together, Zuri didn't really know all that much about this other woman. She knew now of her little family's tradition, but that was still not much on her full background.

Then again, she didn't really have any room to make such remarks, even in her own head. While she was open about the horrifying events that had brought her to the Vale in the first place, there was still much of her past that she was not so willing to give out to just anyone. And thinking on it more, the woman had done nothing to show she had any desire to harm the little ones. Confident now in her thoughts, she kept the pup handed out to the other woman, though he crimson gaze was pinned to her smallest movements.

Sedona took Zansa into her hands, tenderly wrapping the small bandanna around her, the one that was made for her more than likely. The pup made a few noises, not used to being around someone that wasn't her family, especially at her age. It was almost as if she knew that she was not with her mother.

Even so, with a little time, the gray pup calmed down, her noises reflecting that before she was given back to her mother. The pup almost seemed to turn her face into her mother's fur, happy to be back in her arms again.

Looking more on the bandannas, and idea began to come to her head, "When they are a bit older, I'm sure they'll like it to have something to wear while they are running around. It'll be up to them if they wish to continue wearing them."

The topic of the conversation shifted away from the one family and focused on another.. or well, at least another mated pair. So they were mates after all, but it was so good to see that the tan woman had the common sense to wait and make sure the both of them were ready before deciding to start a family. A chuckle escaped from the pale woman, "That's something to discuss with him, but take it from me, pups are going to take a lot of time and energy. Baelish and I didn't plan on having children. It just happened the first time I went into heat. Do be smarter than I was."

Arms moved gently, moving the pup out of the way as Sedona leaned over to give her a hug. A smile came to her face as she gently padded over, resting the little gray pup back with her sister, leaving the bandanna in her hand, "I'll be sure to do so, though I would suggest you focus your time on Ragna and Saga. I'm sure they have it harder being single mothers. Posey can't be everywhere at once I'm sure."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

POSTED: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:27 pm

WC: 557

Sedona had come to respect and even at times look up Zuri. She was an exceptional example of the Hawkesond house and a most wonderful, integral member of the Vale. The cowgirl couldn't have felt happier in that moment as she looked on as the new mother cradled her pup in her arms, so tender and loving. It made the Whitesage woman long to know the same bond with a family of her own, a new passionate fire sparking to life inside her heart that she'd never really considered before then. This was why she'd even mentioned her doubts to the other female when it came to wanting pups of her own. Feeling a little embarrassed, Sedona's ears splayed and she glanced down to the ground between them, listening as the rose scented woman gave her two cents on the matter. "That's something to discuss with him, but take it from me, pups are going to take a lot of time and energy. Baelish and I didn't plan on having children. It just happened the first time I went into heat. Do be smarter than I was."

Sedona chuckled and nodded. The two of them had already mated once, and could have very well ended up in the same situation as Zuri and Baelish, but nature had different plans it seemed. Thankfully. But now, ...now that Sedona was actually considering wanting pups, she knew she'd have to make one hundred percent sure that's what Sineria wanted too, before her next heat. "I can't help but feel the...the pull of wanting what you have, I admit." She smiled down at the two wriggling pups. "But you're right, I will have to talk more with Sineria. He's still young too. He may not be as ready as I am." She confessed and blushed beneath her fur.

Sedona knew that Sineria still had many anxieties and uncertainties about life. And she didn't know if that included becoming a father. It was a big responsibility and she didn't know if he'd be ready to take it on. She knew he loved her and that he was devote dto her. BUt would that mean he was ready to take the next step in their relationship? "I'll be sure to do so, though I would suggest you focus your time on Ragna and Saga. I'm sure they have it harder being single mothers. Posey can't be everywhere at once I'm sure." The conversation continued and Sedona couldn't help but wag her tail. "The Vale is thriving with kiddos, I think Posey's definitely got her paws full." She chuckled. "I'll be sure to drop by and check in on them as well." She confirmed before glancing out the window and her face falling a little, and turning back to Zuri. "I don't mean t'visit and run, but I gotta get back to work now." She said with a tip of her hat knowingly. "There's always somethin' to be done 'round here!" Her tail wagged and she held out the small basket she'd brought with the rest of the items in it to the pale woman. "There's a small bottle of wine and a hand carved wooden bat I made for you in there. I was just fiddlin' around one night and the shape turned into it." She smiled. "I hope ya like it, hon."

POSTED: Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words. We can go ahead and wrap this one up with your next post.

Pups were something that could bring joy to anyone's life, something that Zuri had been finding out first hand. Neither she or Baelish had planned on having them, but that was not stopping them from doing their best to raise the children better than their own parents had. Part of her wondered if this feeling of pride and joy was something that her own mother and father felt when she and her sisters had been born. Baelish's situation had been different from her own.. but did they have this same joy to know of the children they had produced?

Probably all thrown out the window due to her own actions in running away.

The pale woman gave a small shake of her head. There was no use in dwelling on things she could never get the answer to. This was her home now, and the people that lived in it were her new priority. If she could be here to help them, then she should be doing that. A soft smile moved along her face, Sedona giving her admitance to wanting pups, but her mate probably not being ready for them, "You won't know for sure unless you bring it up with him. He might just surprise you."

Zuri was not about to deny any help from others in the Vale when it came to checking on her and her children, but the other two mothers had be taken into consideration. Ragna and Saga were both tough women, and there was no doubt in her mind that being single mothers would not be any kind of hinderance on them, but when it came down to the basic facts, she had Baelish to help her look after the girls when she wanted to go out.

The other mothers would need the help of others in certain situations before she would.

The woman's smile grew as she made her way over to the small gifts, searching for the little bat figure that had been carved. It was a thoughtful gift for the woman of the night. Turning her head over to Sedona, she nodded, "Thank you for stopping by, and thank you for the gifts. Please, feel free to stop by at any time. We should host another get together sometime. I'll ask Baelish to cook up something nice."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Dead Topics