Re: And babies make four

For Zuri and small potato children

POSTED: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:53 pm

OOC :: Sounds like a plan. Want to end it with your next post? We can assume they get the broth started together, whichever task Zuri picks. :)
Words→ 249

Zuri wasn’t sure what ingredients they had hidden around their home—which was no surprise, if Baelish did most of the cooking—but she seemed pleased by Falcon’s suggestion. The green-eyed hybrid smiled and dipped his head in thanks at Zuri’s offer; he’d never turned down a free meal, and he wasn’t about to start now. ”Thank you, Zuri. I’d love that.” Out of all the luperci Falcon has ever met, the ones in Mistfell Vale were some of his favorites.

The Elkenfrey hummed thoughtfully at the new mother’s question. ”Well, we need to fill the pot and butcher this rabbit,” he said, already picking up a knife from the counter, ”so you can take your pick. By the time the water boils, the rabbit should be skinned and butchered.” Falcon wasn’t as proficient a skinner as his parents—or Naya, who’d helped him hone his technique many moons ago—but the quality of the pelt was less important than the meat hidden beneath it.

Falcon leaned on the countertop, knife pointed away from Zuri and himself, as he waited for her answer. His ears twitched at the sound of birdsong outside and he smiled absently. It was nice spending time with his packmates. Cotton’s wanderlust was getting the better of him again, and Falcon liked having stories to share when the man got home—even if they seemed boring and inconsequential compared to his boyfriend’s adventures.

Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Alexander
They stole my dirty socks... :( MV Top Poster!

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:30 pm

(+300)

We can probably go ahead and end this here.

Zuri had been pleased with how well this "meeting" gone, in fact with all the ones that had gone when the pack members had come to see her children. They were both far too young to know any of those that had come to see them, but maybe it would help both them and the adults feel more comfortable around one another when the time came that they could leave the house. She gave a small smile to his words, seeing there wouldn't be much more to say.

At the suggestion on what needed to be done, it seemed Falcon had already chosen what he was going to do. Well, if he was going to take care of the rabbit, then it would be her job to fill the pot. Having a home that was more on the outskirts of Winterwynd did have its advantages, two being that not only was it a short walk to gather water from the river, but that she wouldn't have to be wandering around the roads or anyone else's home to get to her destination.

Eyes moved over the pot as she internalized all this. It was going to be too much of a hassle to carry that around than it would be to bring the water to it. Moving towards the back door, she gave a wave to the black and white man, "I'll be back shortly."

It was probably not the wisest move, leaving her infant children with someone that could bring them harm now that their mother was away, but what was there to worry about? As far as she knew, there was no one in the Vale that would dare to bare their fangs at a newborn. This was not Mortimer, where everyone had to fear the wrath of others. This place was far more tame than the other.

She turned her head up to the sky, listening to the birds as she walked, confident that her children were safe in the man's hands. It wouldn't be long before she could return with buckets of water, and they would be dining on the stew they made together.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Spotlight Soul Luperci Mate to Baelish

Mistfell Vale