A Little Bit Of Elbow Grease

Sags (and kids!)

POSTED: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:11 pm

OOC: Lololol, "Sags". XD I'm gonna say this is the second time she's met the pups okay? OOC met 'em when they were super little. WC: 300, +10 use co-rank in thread

IC: In the massive undertaking of repairing the Winterwynd houses, Sedona had been getting summons from various packmates all over the town. She had her paws full with the many requests and different projects every day. Sometimes the repairs would take more than a day, depending on complexity. Today was the pack's Ursarchon's day for the Constructor's visit. The new mother had her work cut out for her trying to keep her children from getting into trouble in her her home with the areas of disrepair the galaxy pelted woman had reported.

The Whitesage female came up the worn dusty pathway to Saga's home, the wheels of the supply cart creaking and groaning under the weight of the boards, hay and tools she and Brom had piled into it that morning. The horse at the lead of the wagon this time was Bub, a horse in training on the cart. The bay equine was doing well so far not showing any signs of nervousness or annoyance being attached to the cart. Sedona was pleased. Bringing the horse to a halt outside the leader's home Sedona patted the stallion's neck, receiving a small nuzzle in return. She smiled and then looked towards the home, noting right from the start a blatant crumbling hole in the front of the home, directly below the front window. Reaching the door, Sedona knocked twice announcing herself. "Saga, it's Sedona! I'm here to work on the house." She said and stepped back tail swishing. Inside she could here distinct noise. The pups had put on a growth spurt for sure since she'd last seen them. They were just wriggling little fluff balls that last she'd visited. She looked forward to not only helping make their home safe, but to generally getting to interact with the family again.

POSTED: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Word Count → 3+ :: ooc

Maybe he shouldn't have bitten his brother so hard, because the look on Mama's face was an angry one and his Mama was probably the one thing Dan was scared of. But only a little bit. The tiniest, teensiest ladybug sized amount. As much as he tried to deny it though, the steely green look she shot him cause his ears to flop even more than usual.

Caspar's ears were already pretty much pointy, like a proper adult's. His baby blue eyes caught sight of the gingery tips of them as the older of the two skulked behind their mother with watery eyes. His were still baby ears, as his brother had taunted, though this was quickly refuted by their mother. She asserted that their father was very grown up and he still had floppy ears. This made Dan feel a lot better, even if his mom had told them to go away and play when they'd asked more about their dad. Lacking the mental tenacity and attention span to argue further, the pair had happily galloped away to resume their game.

But that was over now. Because Caspar was being a big baby.

Dan wrinkled his nose sourly in his older twin's direction while Saga's eyes were trained on the little ginger sod. He only just escaped punishment because of the knock of the door. Annoyance, directed towards her youngest son, marred her greeting of 'It's open.' as she rose to her feet and crossed the creaking floorboards to space before the front door. Quickly forgetting their squabble, both boys trotted along behind their mother, eager to see their visitor. Dan liked visitors, his mama didn't shout at him for being naughty so much when people were around. But then again, Dan wasn't so naughty when people were around to see.

Del Cenere Gang
The Sheriff
Vida
Lawman Bounty Hunter, Machetero
you live by the yee

POSTED: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:21 pm

WC: 282

From within the rundown farmhouse, the cowgirl heard the beckoning call "It's open." The Ursarchon had her paws full with her adventurous, rambunctious little ones who were now about to enter their fourth month of age come May. The two boys stuck close by their mother's side as Sedona pushed open the front door with an audible creaking from the old hinges. With a warm and friendly grin at the sight of the family before her, the Whitesage woman tipped the brim of her hat in greeting, bowing her head. "Good afternoon Saga. Daniel. Caspar." She wagged her tail slightly, nodding to each one of them in turn. "I hope now is a good time to begin some work on those holes ya mentioned? I noticed one already out front there..." She said, speaking directly to the new mother and leader of the pack and gesturing towards the front window.

Yellow-green eyes then turned back to the kids for a moment."It's good to see ya boys." She bent forward a bit to ruffle Daniel's adorable flopped ears and give a gentle bump of her knuckles beneath Caspar's chin in a playful motion. "You two have sure grown since I saw ya last!" She chuckled. "I hope you ain't givin' your mother too much trouble." She gave a playful scowl before laughing and returning her focus to the galaxy furred woman standing before her. "D'ya wanna show me the other major repairs I need t'do? Just so I know what all I'm gonna need for materials." She asked, and flicked her ears at the sound of Bub's whinny outside. The Stallion was growing impatient. The sooner she got to work, the better.

POSTED: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 am

Dan gave his brother a sly nudge with his shoulder, causing the older boy to glare daggers and bare his little teeth at the aggressor silently. Neither dared to make a sound, because Saga's patience was likely to wear thin eventually and then it wouldn't matter if they had visitors or not. The pair of them would certainly get a hiding. Caspar thought this very unfair as he glared at his sibling, since he'd scarcely done anything wrong. And even if he did, he was smart enough to do it while their mother's attention was diverted elsewhere.

'It's as good a time as any.' The Ursarchon shrugged, throwing a less than amused glance at her sons before stepping away from the door and further permitting Sedona entrance. The boys both eagerly stumbled forward, straining their fluffy little heads upwards to take advantage of Sedona's attention. The Constructer's playful frown was mirrored with a more mischievous one. The builder and horsewoman was one of the few Mistwalkers to which the boys never masked their misbehaviour for. They knew well enough who would and wouldn't scold them badly after all.

'It's probably best for you too look yourself,' Saga shrugged, 'I don't know what's worth repairing and what isn't.'
Del Cenere Gang
The Sheriff
Vida
Lawman Bounty Hunter, Machetero
you live by the yee

POSTED: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm

OOC: Crap post, sorry. WC: 266

Sedona loved each and every one of the pack's newest additions. The pups were the lifeblood of the Vale and promised a new genration of healthy, strong members. The cowgirl chuckled as she was practically bowled over by the exuberant boys and made sure to give each one in turn plenty of attention and pets. "It's probably best for you to look yourself. I don't know what's worth repairing and what isn't." Saga's voice returned the Constructor back to the task at hand and she smiled, nodding to the Ursarchon. "Alrighty. I'll make an assessment and let ya know what all I'm gonna need t'do." She informed the clearly irritated mother.

"I'll try to be quick." She added and set off into the living room. "Pardon me, boys." She excused herself from the pups at her feet and grabbed up her hammer from her tool belt. "I gotta get to work so I can get outta yer mom's fur." She told them and strode purposefully to check out the hole she could see under the front window. It would need a few boards to patch for sure. She then went to another hole she could see in the roof. It would be easily patchable with some thatching and maybe a board or two. She made mental note of the materials she'd need for the upcoming projects. Saga's home thankfully wasn't the worst off case she'd come across. There were plenty of other homes in Winterwynd that were far more dilapidated than this one. That didn't mean she didn't have her work cut out for her though!

Dead Topics