Keep The Streets Empty For Me

Honrin

POSTED: Mon May 13, 2019 1:08 am

OOC: Hope this is okay! :) Backdated to May 5th. WC: 402 +10, use co-rank in a thread.

IC: The bridge rebuild project was slow going. Most of the largest debris that clogged the work site had been successfully removed from the area. Now it was about clearing the newly formed middle island that split the St. John's right at the Rum Bridge crossing, providing the perfect new plot of support land for the new bridge to be constructed upon. Sedona was kept very busy overseeing the construction project. She was constantly running back and forth between the workers at the bridge site, the storage shed and barn for materials, the treeline where various sizes of trees were being chopped down for the new bridge, and home for breaks. It was no easy job being the lead Constructor on the project, but the cowgirl was by no means complaining. She loved her work and would literally run herself into the ground before she called it quits.

Currently bustling about in the storage shed, Sedona pulled some extra rope and some large wood planks from the building. Stacking the items high in her arms, the woman began making her way back to the construction site where her able bodied Valemen awaited the boards for use in crossing the rushing river safely over to the isle where they could continue to work on clearing debris. The pile of wood was taller than she stood, so her going was slow, but still steady. She could barely see where she was going. As the Whitesage coydog rounded a bend through the streets of Winterwynd, she picked up the pace at the sound of the rushing river nearby. So focused on getting the supplies to her people, she forgot to watch out for the large mud puddle in front of the Old Brassard Church that was like a small lake. The low spot always collected a ton of rain water and made skirting the mud difficult. As she hit the slick surface, suddenly the cowgirl lost her balance. She began to slip sideways and lose her grip on the wood planks. "Oh shit!" She exclaimed, a paw flinging out, searching for the nearest stable anything to grab ahold of to prevent her from toppling straight out into the mud and water with her load of planks in tow. The last thing she needed was to get all mucked up. She didn't need to get soaked either, it was already difficult working under conditions as they were.
Image



Image

POSTED: Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

(000)

Kira is here accompanying Honrin - pp approved by Katie.

He brought Kira along with him this time, to take the poor girl's mind from the tragedies that had happened. Ultimately it would be futility, nothing would prompt the forgetting of a lost sister, he knew this better than anyone. He grimaced to himself and turned his head to the rapidly approaching shore, committing to keeping an eye on her.

He had made this trip many times now, and it was barely a passing note for him anymore. The time flew by, he tried to keep Kira engaged as much as he could. Talking to her about the finer points of merchantism and ambassadorship.

Mistfell and Casa were firm friends now, Honrin was a familiar sight to the Mistwalkers. He didn't turn many heads, though the young girl at his side got a few curious glances.

He spoke to Kira as they walked, his head turned to the young woman, and barely focusing on where they were heading.

A woman carrying a whole lot of wood came around the corner at a fast clip, almost right on top of them and began to slip in the muddied ground. Kira leaped back, out of the way with a gasp.

Honrin was not such a fortunate escapee. The woman flung out an arm, to reach for something to steady herself. She grabbed a hold of himself, and he found himself slipping on the muddy ground too. Well wasn't it a good thing he had trained for the very eventuality of fighting in less than stellar grounds?

Shifting his weight, and not fighting the slick slip of mud, Honrin let himself steady and held tight to the woman too, his free hand gripping a portion of her load of wood so it wouldn't swing them back off balance.

"Hold... stop moving." He spoke, some laughter in his voice. Honrin himself wouldn't really care if he got a bit mud soaked, but he doubted the female would want to take a muddy dip.

"Are you okay?" He asked, when they had finally stopped sliding.

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii

Casa di Cavalieri
Labor Head (NPC)
User avatar
Jace
Luperci Farmer Tier I, Herdsman Tier I, Ambassador (MV) Mate to Guinevere
·AM I DREAMING·

POSTED: Tue May 14, 2019 3:56 pm

OOC: Assuming Honrin remembers/knows her well enough. He'd have seen her about during his visits, not just their one actual face to face meet at the ball. XD WC: 627

IC: It was so unlike her to be this hurried and clumsy. Even when in her anxious state about the actual collapse of the bridge she'd not been this careless. It wasn't like anybody else was going to attempt to span the river without the safety of the boards. Everyone knew what had happened to Ginny when she'd gone up against the swollen rapids. Even though the St. John's was more or less back to it's normal flow, the new unstable waterway after the collapse of the Rum Bridge into it's beds made for uncertain footing crossing through it's currents. Even on the now smaller split of rushing water they were trying to cross to get to the island it held true. All in all it just wasn't safe to try and tempt the fast moving waters when you couldn't see your path underfoot.

Much to the cowgirl's luck, as she reached blindly out to steady herself on any something she could find, her paw found purchase upon something mostly solid. "Hold... stop moving." Her feet slid and slipped, but a large white paw and arm came around the pile of wood practically tipping it and taking her right upright along with it. She stanced her feet wide, claws digging into the soft earth, ears held perked and eyes held wide in a stunned and stupid expression, mouth in a silly 'o' look. As soon as it all had began, it was over, she was no longer sliding, the two of them were steady, and no wood had even fallen from the pile. Just the very end of the rope from the top of the pile trailed into the muck, but quite frankly, the coydog didn't give a shit about it. The rope was about to be used in water anyhow. "Are you okay?" A familiar voice spoke and blinking, Sedona peered around the wood as best she could at the large white male, her face going from shock to gratitude. "Honrin!? Oh, my! Yes, I think so!" She laughed, still held miraculously well in place mostly by the sheer strength and fortunate position of the larger Ambassador.

"I am so sorry fer runnin' into ya like that!" Sedona apologized and slowly but surely regained her own footing beneath her, shifting the boards ever so slightly in her grip. She had muck up to her ankles, but thanks to the quick action and steady footing of the Cavalier the woman had avoided an all out mud bath. Moving safely from the mass of the puddle, she stepped to the side and for the moment, leaned the stack of boards up against the side of the stone church and let out a relieved breath. Turning, it was then that she noticed the other woman that had escaped the muddy escapade. "Oh, yer not by yerself this time?" She said to Honrin and smiled kindly at the other female and dipped her cowboy hatted head. "My apologies, I didn't see ya there Miss. I am Sedona Whitesage. Pack Constructor." She stepped forward and held out a hand for them each, properly greeting them after her mishap. "Welcome to the Vale." She chuckled a little embarrassed. "Welcome back in your case." She smiled at Honrin before removing her hat and stepping back, looking at the mud puddle with a frown for a second then back at the two Casa guests. "I am normally not in such a fuss. But there's a lot goin' on 'round here these days. As I'm sure ya heard... What brings you two our way this time?" She asked curious, but already fairly certain it was one of the recent tragic events of the beginning of the new month that had drawn their closest ally's ambassador's attention.
Image



Image

POSTED: Tue May 14, 2019 5:02 pm

(000)

Kira is here accompanying Honrin - pp approved by Katie.

There was laughter and smiles, and even Kira managed a small grin, though it quickly faded away.

"Sedona, I thought that was you." With the towering pile of wood he'd at first not recognized who was sliding around in the mud with him. They stepped away from the now innocuous looking puddle. Honrin too had mud up to his ankles, but most of that was from the journey over here.

"Ahh yer fine. No harm's been done." She sounded so similar to what he had lost, it brought forth his own inclinations of speech, again the rolling of a southern drawl did not mesh well with Honrin's native heavy accent. He huffed out another laugh.

"Naw, this is Kira. She's wanting to be a merchant like myself, so ah'm showing her the ropes." The jovial expression was slipping away, he'd heard of the collapse of the bridge, and of the murder of a child.

His face shifted, a pained grimace settling instead of the previous smile.

"Yeah, I heard. We've had our own tragedy in Casa too..." He shook his head though, not wanting to elaborate more. Kira's arms wrapped about her torso, and she looked down and away. Honrin had brought the news to the Mistwalkers on the tail of the young girl's disappearance, if she turned up in Mistfell then she would be brought back to Casa.

"We're just on our was to see Saga, maybe stop by to chat with Felix if he's around." He rubbed a hand against the back of his neck in a tired gesture. He'd not slept well since Quinn had gone missing.

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii

Casa di Cavalieri
Labor Head (NPC)
User avatar
Jace
Luperci Farmer Tier I, Herdsman Tier I, Ambassador (MV) Mate to Guinevere
·AM I DREAMING·

POSTED: Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

WC: 489

"A pleasure to meet ya Kira. Ya got yerself a great mentor if I may say so." She acknowledged the desire of the young woman to be a merchant like Honrin with a small wink. It was always good to catch up with friendly faces from the other packs. The last time Sedona had been out of the Vale farther than a stone's throw for any good amount of time was many months ago at the Cour de Miracles Ball. But since the court's demise, her mind had been far from leaving home. Once things settled down again in the Vale, she made a mental note to try and make a visit down South again, maybe all the way to Casa, but at least to Amherst.

"Yeah, I heard. We've had our own tragedy in Casa too..." Smiles and pleasantries steadily shifted to more solemn topics. At the mention of recent events in both packs, both Sedona and the two Cavaliers visibly grimaced. Nobody liked news of young ones being harmed. It was gruesome and outright maddening thinking about what had happened to Ragna and her son. She knew the Wolverthorne woman already had it tough as it was, but she'd only seemed to grow more cold more aggressive after the tragedies rather than seek solace among her pack. Nobody could blame her for that though. Not everyone mourned the same way. Sedona had wanted to help Ragna in some way, but knew her presence would not be wanted especially so freshly after the incident. It was no secret that the Gildepath mother held a severe prejudice against Coyfolk. And even though she wasn't full blooded coyote, the genes running through her were enough to earn Sedona a sneer. It was best for her to let others handle the situation.

So she did. Besides, she had the bridge to worry about. "We're just on our way to see Saga, maybe stop by to chat with Felix if he's around." Honrin continued and the Constructor nodded. "I believe both of 'em should be at their homes just back that way." She gestured in the general direction of the two leaders' homes Ursarchon first, then Ravenking. "I should probably get these planks back over to the river site. We got a lot to do if we're gonna get the newly felled logs in place in the next few weeks." She said and began to hoist the boards one by one back into her arms. "I wouldn't wanna keep y'all." She smiled. "Perhaps if yer stayin a bit, you can drop by my place later and have a drink 'er somethin' if ya want. I'd love the company if you can spare the time?" She invited both the Cavaliers to her brick and ivy home just visible around the corner of the old church. She hoped that once everyone's business was finished, they could spare a little time for more pleasant activity.
Image



Image

Dead Topics