The Sound Of Silence Vs The Sound Of Fury

Zuri

POSTED: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 pm

OOC: Drakehund II Thread. Complete a thread featuring the image animal of your character's house. Noxweald. Mid afternoon. WC: 317

IC: It was a warm, sunny day. The perfect day for a good ride. Sedona had taken the day off from the bridge project, leaving it in the capable hands of other Valemen while she took her horse out for a much needed excursion out into the wilds of the packlands. The cowgirl hadn't been able to go on a leisurely ride like this in weeks. Not since she'd taken the lead on the Rum Bridge rebuild. No matter how exhausting and sore the hard work made the coydog, Sedona always found comfort and relaxation upon Hopi's back.

The paint mare snorted as she plodded along next to her fellow equine which bore a white female upon its back. Sedona had invited her good friend Zuri along as a small respite from her constant duties as mom to her pups. She'd convinced the new mother to leave the girls with posey for a couple hours and get out and go on the ride with her. It was good for the two girls to get away from their daily hustle and bustle and take some time for themselves.

"It's been a while since I've been out this way. I forgot how thick the forest was." The brown coyote woman commented, her voice almost sounded muffled, as her horse picked its way along a narrow game path through the undergrowth. The trees here grew thick and close together, blocking a lot of the light from reaching the ground. But even so, Sedona felt that the peaceful quiet of the pine needle carpeted woods were a perfect place to let oneself meditate in the solitude of it all. Only the occasional cry or call from a random bird interrupted the muffled quiet. "Have you ever ridden through here before, Zuri?" She asked her company, slightly tipping her cowboy hat up and out of her face to better view the other woman.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund I Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:46 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

It had been easier to convince the mother than it was to convince the children to be left alone with Posey. Though Zuri saw nothing wrong with it, the girls were old enough now to where they could move around the Vale with their mother. She had made it clear that since they were still young, she would like for them to accompany her rather than exploring on their own. Zansa huffed more at this than her sister, but their mother assured her it wasn't going to be too much longer.

Golden Zelda kept close to her darker sister as the two were left in the older woman's care, each one wearing the little bandanna that Sedona had given their mother when they were still infants. It was not much to cover them, but would at least give them a small amount of comfort from the sun's heat.

The two had taken a small detour to gather her own horse at the stables. Tirion was a well manned horse, and it would not take long to get him tacked up. Once everything was set, the pale woman was quick to join her friend's side, letting Sedona take the lead on their small outing together.

Crimson gaze moved along the lines of the trees they walked past, Zuri feeling the leaves on the low hanging branches brush against her fur and sides. Both were careful to watch the path that was ahead of them, her hands moving up to push any obsticles at their own height out of the way, "I can't say I have. Perhaps once work with Rum Bridge is done we could look to getting some paths made through here. Would make traversing it much easier."

Speaking of the project, "How's the progress by the way? Sorry I haven't been able to lend my assistance with it."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Spotlight Soul Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 pm

OOC: So sorry for the wait! WC: 455

IC: Sedona guided her horse over a small outcropping of rock, slow and steady as she spoke with the white woman. It was always easy to converse with Zuri. The other Hawkesond was so kind hearted and easy to get along with one would be hard pressed to find something to fault in the white beauty. Being sure to avoid a sweeping pine branch over head, the Whitesage coydog ducked before training her eyes up ahead on the difficult terrain up ahead of them.

Perhaps once work with Rum Bridge is done we could look to getting some paths made through here. Would make traversing it much easier." She heard Zuri's reply just behind and beside her followed by a soft snort from her horse, making Hopi flick an ear in the direction of the sound. Glancing to her side, Sedona nodded thoughtfully. "Might not be a bad idea. Though, it's good hunting through here and I know some of the Mistalkwers lay traps, hence why I'm keeping us along the fringes of the woods, not goin' too deep." She chuckled. "Might wanna discuss it at the next pack meeting, see what everyone thinks." She smiled at Zuri and then waved a hand at her apologies for not being able to assist with the rebuilding of the Rum Bridge.

"Bah. It's going just fine without ya, hon. Though I appreciate it." Her tail swished over the colorful blanket saddle that she rode upon Hopi's back. "We're more than half way spanned across the St. John's." She grinned happily. "I expect by the end of the month we'll have it completed." She gave a happy rumbling sound in her chest, avoiding another low hanging branch as she did. She was about to invite the pale woman and her daughters down to come see the progress for herself when suddenly a piercing screech echoed through the trees above them. It was the cry of a hawk.

Sedona's ears perked and her head shot upwards, almost losing her hat from her head in the process. She knew that call anywhere. "Qale?" The brown woman said softly and searched the tree tops for the majestic predator. Smiling excitedly she turned in her saddle to explain to Zuri. "That cry belongs to my Red Tail Hawk, Qaletaqa. I left him in the care of an old packmate who has since left Mistfell. He now roams free in the lands. I didn't think he'd stuck around, but apparently I was wrong! I wonder if we can spy him!" She said enthusiastically. "Keep your eyes peeled for me will ya, Zuri?" Sedona gently pressed her heels to her mount's side and lead her on, staying alert for signs of her former avian companion.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:17 am

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +400 words.

Zuri had to give credit where it was due. Sedona was not someone who would think that any other options or ideas were something that could be so easily tossed aside. Instead, she offered other things to keep in mind, and something to be mentioned at a pack meeting so that all could offer their opinions on the matter. How she had wished Viper would have taken these kinds of steps back home.

Perhaps then, he could have avoided the defunct trio. Perhaps then, he could have been more liked by those around him. So many were blinded to his power and his "my way or the highway" attitude. She could see so much clearer, and she would not stand for a tyrant's rule.

It was the woman's voice that brought her back into the present. Though she kept telling herself there was no need to worry about the past anymore, about the things that could have been, the pale woman's mind found herself tracing back to them. It would do her no good. Her attention and focus needed to be on her new home, aiding them to prosper. There had been no reason for her to exert her outspoken attitude.

She was not one to stay silent to things she did not agree with.

Zuri had been pleased to hear about the bridge's progress, even though she had not played an active role in the construction. To know that they would soon have the bridge repaired would be a great feat for this kingdom, "I don't know if you had made plans already, but perhaps once completion is done, a small celebration could be held. A reward of sorts for everyone's work."

Upright ear turned in the direction of the bird's sound. Being one that was much more versed with bats, it was a bit harder for her to pick it out, but the call rang through the air. Birds were more open to some high speech, making communicating with them easier. Guess that was another reason she liked her bats more, there was not as much to work with, making the bond she shared all the more rewarding.

Turning her crimson gaze towards the sky, one arm moved up to block the ways coming in from the tops of the trees. It was nice to have the shade from the trees, but still had to be careful when moving in the sun, "I'll do my best, but you'll probably see him before I do. I'm better at pointing out bats than birds." Nothing seemed to come into view for her, her head moving down every now and then to make sure that Tirion was staying on a safe path.

Last thing she needed to happen was for them to have an accident because neither one of them was paying much attention to where they were going.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

POSTED: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:10 pm

WC: 404

"I don't know if you had made plans already, but perhaps once completion is done, a small celebration could be held. A reward of sorts for everyone's work." The cowgirl gave a knowing grin at the pale woman as she brought up the idea of a celebration after the completion of the bridge. "I'm already discussing plans with Saga." She chuckled. "Yer more than welcome to help us!" She offered Zuri with a brightness in her eyes. Sedona admired the other woman very much for her sense of fashion and decorative sense. Sedona was the rustic type but Zuri was always well dressed and had nice shiny things. She figured maybe with the red eyed coyote's help they could really pull of something special.

Keeping her ears swiveling and listening for her hawk companion she continued to lead the way through the uncertain path through the thick forest. She made sure to keep them from going down any areas too treacherous. "I'm better at pointing out bats than birds." Sedona chuckled. "And y'know that still amazes me. Yer bond with them is truly one of a kind. I never seen anybody communicate with bats before I met you." She smiled, swishing her tail then looking skyward again. "Hmm, I wonder if Qale will respond to my commands still." She licked her lips and brought her thumb and forefinger to her muzzle, placing them to her lips and tongue and creating a whistle of sorts with the air blown between the digits. The long note was harsh but carried a long distance and echoed away through the trees. It was followed by an eerie silence...

And then suddenly the hawk's call came again, closer and much louder this time. Sedona's face brightened. "Qale!" She wagged her tail and sat up straighter in Hopi's saddle, bringing her to a halt. Creating a soft clicking sound with her tongue, making a gesture with her paw towards the saddle, the Gamekeeper called to the hawk again and then from the treetops with a soft gurgling cry the large, beautiful bird with coppery plumage on his tail came and landed on the extra wide pommel of Sedona's saddle and settled there with a shrill screech at his master his sharp brownish-orange eyes examining his surroundings as Sedona dug in her small pack at the back of saddle for some jerky to feed her avian companion upon this sudden reunion.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Over peaceful slavery

Zuri should have assumed that Sedona was already working out plans with Saga to host some kind of celebration for the completion of the project. Her friend was a smart one, and they were always welcome in the house the two of them shared with each other. She had extended the invitation to assist when it came to planning this event. This seemed like something that was more manageable to be helping with while looking over her children, "Of course. Just let me know what you need and I'll be more than happy to assist."

The tan woman had been quick to compliment on her ability to not only commune with bats, but the relationship she had with them. It was a lot of hard work, but work held its own rewards. She perked up a bit, "My mother is the one who taught me everything I know about them. She had bats as well, and they were common scouts around my old home, much how other packs would use birds to do the same."

This seemed to give Sedona an idea though. She questioned if maybe her own bird would still come to her own commands. What a curious idea.

The tan woman had moved his fingers up to her mouth, making some kind of noise. It was more like a high pitched whistle than anything else. Crimson gaze turned up towards the sky, one arm moving up to block out any summer sun hitting her eyes and fur. The trees had done well to keep her mostly in the shade. It didn't take long for the hawk to hear her command, ending up first in a tree and then along the saddle that was under Sedona. A grin crossed over her lips, "Well how about that. Guess you were right."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm

OOC: Sorry for the short post! WC: 210

IC: Sedona was thrilled that her bird had come to her. Qale hadn't been seen in months, and typically without the interaction from their trainers large predator birds such as this went feral quite easily. Zuri was familiar with bats, from her home pack. Her mother had taught her how to handle the tiny mammals just as the Whitesgae woman's mother had taught her how to capture, raise and train Qale. It was funny how many similarities there were between the two women's lives, just from different perspectives.

Grinning as she found the jerky wrapped in her pack, Sedona gave some pieces to the avian whom eagerly but good naturedly gobbled it up. "Oh my sweet friend, it's as if no time has passed." She crooned softly, reaching out and stroking the magnificent creature's neck feathers. Sedona then turned to Zuri. "Would you like to feed him? She asked, holding out a strip of the dried meat to the white furred beauty. "He's very gentle." She assured the other Hawkesond with a wag of her tail. Beneath her Hopi sighed and cocked one foot, resting while her rider dealt with the large bird. Qale eyed the meat hungrily, keen eyes trained on the food, but he didn't make any sudden movements.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Over peaceful slavery

Zuri would always be subjective when it came to handling bats over birds, but she could at least appreciate other avians and their own skills when it came to companionship and perhaps even scouting of their own. Some were even easier to work with due to their higher speech, but she couldn't help but feel it was much more rewarding to work with an animal that would require not only low speech for communication, but to understand the mannerisms of that same animal.

Her hand moved out to take the dried piece of meat from her friend, "Sure, I'll give it a go." Taking the jerky, she paused to give the hawk some time to observe her. Fingers had been closed over the piece of meat, though it was brought out slowly towards the bird, fingers uncurling to show what laid beneath.

There was no fear for what the animal might so. She had faith in Sedona, and she was sure she could handle even a small injury, be it from the beak or the sharp talons.

Crimson gaze moved back up to the tan woman, moving between her and the bird that lay there waiting. She pondered a few things before speaking up again, "It'll be nice to have some other animals around here. Does your bird speak any high speech or is Qale more like my bats?" She knew that some birds of prey were capable of such things, but wasn't sure if Sedona's own was one of them. It would certainly bring an interesting spin if it could.

Tirion lowered his head down, taking the moment they had stopped to sniff around, even pulling at one of the lower hanging branches on a nearby plant. She gave a smile, adjusting herself as she needed so the offered hand stayed out towards the bird.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

Dead Topics