the ground where on she goes

aw

POSTED: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm

2+

Gradually, her independence returned as the boys steadily continued to earn theirs. Despite the constant assertions to others that that event was something she was long awaiting, there was a bittersweet tang to it. The boys were still boys, but soon they would be men, old enough to have no need nor interest in her. Even now they spent the vast majority of their time separate from the Ursarchon, and in recent weeks she'd taken to savouring the ever scarcening moments of affection she was blessed with. They'd both long since been witness to hunting trips and before long they would be doing their own hunting and then they would truly be on the road to self-sufficiency.

As she watched them sprint out of the lacklustre cabin that served as their home, Saga wondered whether now would be the time in which to impart the knowledge of their father, and by extensions the remainder of Krokar now known as The Shoal. Truthfully, she had no idea why she'd so avidly avoided the conversation, though now her son's distancing act gave her all the more reason too. Once they knew, would the Vale be too small for them? Would the lure of lonership and unknown family ties be too great for them to resist? Them leaving for their father's family she could cope with, but she truly worried for them if they ever discovered her father's pack.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:21 pm

OOC :: Words→ 352
Note: Falcon uses she/her pronouns privately and he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to the pack).

Falcon watched the ghost of the moon overhead, already almost full again, and worried her skirt with pale hands. She tried to ignore the strange mixture of fear and hope in her gut, but the uncertainty of it all was getting to her. There had been no sign of the Avalon docked along the loch, and no Cavaliers had arrived on horseback to deliver the good—or bad—news.

Honestly, Falcon wasn’t sure which news was which anymore.

The Elkenfrey groaned as she stood up from her stoop. Her body ached from moving supplies around the bridge construction site, the new structure already rising above the tumultuous Saint John’s river. She’d also started tentative work on her “wall”—a small pile of stones in the woods near Ragna’s house. It wouldn’t be as tall or imposing as the Fort’s, but something standing between Winterwynd and the vast, unguarded territory around it was better than nothing.

Falcon wanted to protect Mistfell Vale with everything she had, but she couldn’t do it alone. She needed to sit down with Saga and see what the Ursarchon thought—even if her answer wasn’t what Falcon was hoping for. She padded toward the small, stone steeple of Wyvern Church, keeping an eye out for Saga or her sons along the way. When Daniel and Caspar blew past her, laughing as they sprinted through the old, gray streets, she smiled.

Whether she wanted to admit it or not, there was something… Exciting about the idea of motherhood; she just wasn’t ready for that kind of excitement.

The green-eyed hybrid spotted Saga’s home from a distance, gaze drawn to the large, well-kept porch. Falcon had brought the new mother food after her sons were born, but she hadn’t stopped to chat for very long. ”Anybody home?” she called out, trotting up to the older woman’s front steps, ”I’m looking for Saga D’Angelo, Usrarchon extraordinaire.” There was a teasing lilt to Falcon’s words, and she waited patiently for the older woman’s response.

Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Alexander
They stole my dirty socks... :( MV Top Poster!

POSTED: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

2+

There was scarcely any age difference between the Ursarchon and the Elkenfrey who served below her in the Vale, though as with most it was Saga's sage nature that created the seemingly stark age gap between leader and membership. Saga hadn't felt like a child in aeons, she remembered idly. Not since she'd left Portland, the city she'd been born in. Further still, motherhood had added far more years to her mentally and emotionally that the passing years had done physically. She regretted nothing, of course, she cherished her position within Mistfell Vale and adored her sons. This was simply the manner in which she lived her life and it was a manner in which she enjoyed doing so. Saga sought no change in the way she did things, even though she sadly contemplated the fact her sons were growing ever more distant. For a woman who'd once never desired progeny, she found herself wondering whether another litter was ever a possibility. Perhaps she would ask Oscar. Perhaps not... Considering that he didn't even know of the two sons he had currently, let alone any further ones.

'Good morning Falcon.' the Ursarchon greeted with a neutral smile, 'How's your day been so far?' Saga was no stranger to interaction, she scarcely passed an hour without being accosted by one Mistwalker or another. Not that she minded, it was all part and parcel of the role she'd accepted. The role she'd be born to play.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:14 pm

OOC :: Words→ 237

”Good morning, Saga,” she replied, tail wagging as she stepped into the cabin, ”It’s been… Good, I think. I’m exhausted from working on the bridge, but I think we all are, besides Sedona—I think the work makes her more energetic somehow.” The coyote hybrid lived for her work, and it made her an amazing foreman. Falcon… Not so much. She was happy to follow instructions, do a good job, and leave it at that.

The Elkenfrey had her passions, but they were less… Useful than some of her packmates’. Everyone loved a good show, but it was hard to appreciate it if your stomach was empty and your house was flooding. ”How was yours?” Falcon asked, smiling warmly at the older woman, ”Daniel and Caspar ran past me on my way over—they’re getting big.” Saga’s sons were growing like weeds, just like the rest of Mistfell Vale’s puppies.

Well, almost all of them.

Once basic pleasantries were out of the way, Falcon glanced away for a moment. Every Mistwalker had felt the blow of Steinarr’s death, whether they were close to Ragna or not, but that didn’t make talking about it any easier. ”Saga… Can we talk about what happened to Steinarr?” Falcon asked, her voice soft and hesitant. She turned back to Saga, her ears pressed against her skull, and waited for the mottled woman’s reply.

Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Alexander

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Saga nodded with understanding as Falcon admitted his exhaustion and lamented Sedona's boundless energy with good humour. The Ursarchon smiled pleasantly, 'Yes, I see her around from time to time when she's transporting lumber to the bridge.' Green eyes drifted from Falcon, scanning the area that surrounded her home, warmed by the summer sun that hung above them as they conversed. 'She is very enthusiastic about her work. Very fortunately so for us, I think, given the recent events.' Saga doubted that Brom would have been able to repair the bridge by himself. He was still very much green and lack the experience necessary for such a huge project. Sedona was much more suited to the role of foreman, and fortunately, Brom accepted the status quo without complaint and actively seemed to be learning from the older builder's work.

'Oh, you know...' The dappled woman, laughed dryly and shrugged, 'Taxing. The boys are getting more independent, which-' The Ursarchon gave a slight shake of her head, 'Is more work than watching than when they were small, I think.' It didn't stop her loving them both dearly, nor did it stop her wanting more. It was surprising after how reluctant she was to be a mother at first. She supposed she'd been bitten by the bug of motherhood.

The tone of the conversation took a sudden turn, and Saga's face mirrored the change. In truth, she did not want to talk about Steinarr at all. As a leader, she had no choice in the matter, however. It was her duty to nurture those who served under her, to listen to their problems and worries. Reluctantly, she nodded silently.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 pm

OOC :: Words→ 285

Saga nodded at Falcon’s assessment, a pleasant smile on her spotted face. She praised Sedona’s work ethic, yellow-green eyes scanning the area around her cottage, and the hybrid’s gaze followed. She hummed in agreement; they were fortunate to have someone so passionate helming the project, even if she was running circles around her packmates in the process.

The Elkenfrey’s ears perked at Saga’s laughter, coaxing a chuckle from her own, dark lips. Saga always seemed so… Put together. It was hard to imagine the Ursarchon as anything but a leader, even though Falcon hadn’t met her as one—and watching her become a loving, dutiful mother was another matter entirely. ”I never would have guessed,” the hybrid teased, ”You can’t exactly block the door and hope for the best anymore.”

Falcon could feel the tension building in the warm, summer air as she spoke, and Saga’s expression cooled accordingly. The Ursarchon’s slow, silent nod made a cold knot of something form in her gut. Was it nervousness? Regret? Guilt? Falcon wasn’t sure, but it was too late to back out now. ”I’m just... Worried. I know Ragna… Handled things, but what stops it from happening again?” she asked, voice wavering slightly.

It was hard not to connect the dots. Ragna had disappeared into the woods and returned… Different. She didn’t know how else to describe it. But not every Mistwalker could go stalking into the forest, ready to do who knows what to avenge their dead child—and no one deserved to, either. They’d found a hole in their defenses, and now they had to figure out how to repair it.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Alexander

POSTED: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

'Especially not when they've nearly surpassed me in height.' the dappled woman agreed, still smiling. They'd be outsizing her altogether soon, for Saga had never been a particularly sizeable creature. Nearing shifting age, they'd only grow more and more as summer reached its climax and the petered out into autumn.

'I've been assured that it was an isolated incident. There will be no repeat.' Saga did not offer any further explanation on the matter, it was not her place to discuss openly what Ragna had told her and nor had Saga herself prompted further explanation from the Eklund woman. While she knew that, truthfully, a well balanced and level-headed leader would have condemned Ragna's hasty, and undoubtedly vicious, retaliation, the Ursarchon could not bring herself to scold her fellow Wolverthorne. Saga knew that she would have done the same had it been one of her sons. She did her best to keep those particular what-ifs far from her mind. Such things weren't something many people could stomach thinking about, even if they were a stoic and collected figurehead.

There was a beat of silence, then another. The gap in the conversation grew discomforting and with her eyes moving to the horizon, unable to confidently face Falcon, Saga spoke, 'I trust Ragna.'

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Ursarchon
Vida
Luperci
fortitude
ursa major

Mistfell Vale