darkness was upon the face of the deep

p. Zuri

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 pm

First, Baelish had seen Willam off to his new house. The boy was overcome with gratitude, he nearly fainted at Baelish’s feet when he saw it, despite its condition. In the several months since the D’Angelo had left his little cottage for his new home with Zuri, it had fallen into disrepair. The roof he had taken such great care in mending when he had first claimed it, had fallen in in most places; mice had made nests; it smelled like dust and dampness.

But for Willam, it was a palace, his first ever place to call his own; plus the paddock next to the home still held strong, and would be perfectly suited for his little pony. Baelish had bid him adieu after he began to settle.

Now to face Zuri…

He had been longing for her, dreaming about her, for the entirety of his travels, but now he was afraid. A knot formed in his throat, and in his stomach a storm brewed. He focused on sitting upright in the saddle of his desert horse, looking regal in the black cape he had procured himself in the city. However, he felt she would see right through him, see right into the part of him that was broken.

Rounding the corner, his home came into view. The chimney puffed gentle gray smoke, and the home looked unchanged since he had left it so many weeks ago. It was a beautiful visage, and one that he did not feel like he quite fit into anymore.

He expected to see Zuri sitting out on the porch, as she often did, but her form was absent. He could hear the soft yapping of his pups from behind the wooden door.

Baelish sat atop his horse, frozen with fear, but with a painful yearn to jump from his steed and tear through the threshold to wrap them all in his arms. A dream... a beautiful dream. How could he face his family? Things would never be the same…

OOC[335]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Mate to Zuri Negotiator I They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:29 am

[+300] • Feel free to control the girls as well.

Zuri had been waiting for a month now for her husband's return. She knew of his trading trip that he had taken, and knew that the girls were getting a bit restless waiting for him to return as well. How they all longed to see the dark faced man in their lives again. There was only so much she could do on her own, offering to her children what she could. She knew that the man would be able to do so much more with them, teach them things she could not.

Crimson gaze turned up as she saw movement outside of one of the windows. Though she was sure this was probably just another in the Vale making their way out of Winterwynd, she found herself looking more and more these days, especially to the sound of hooves making their way across the road near their home.

Then she saw him. He was back.

Zansa and Zelda had been in the living room, their mother having taken down the enclosure that was made for them as pups. Instead, she kept the lined furs to the one corner of the room, but saw no reason to keep them walled off. The two were tossing along one another, giving a small play fight on top of the soft floor. Zelda was quick to give up under Zansa, having gotten on top of her and chewing lightly at one ear.

The appearance of their mother made them look up, "Your father is home." Both of them sprang to their feet, making their way to the door and yapping excited noises. She moved down to them as she too came to the door, "I want both of you to be careful and be slow. He still has his horse with him. We don't want to scare it."

As the door opened, the girls heeded their mother's words, but still couldn't help but pick up the pace slightly from their excitement. She kept close, her smile growing. It was strange though to see he had come home and not even dismounted from his horse. Was there something wrong?

Perhaps it was just the idea of seeing home after so long. She came to the horse, moving one gentle hand along its cheek, "Welcome home Baelish."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Spotlight Soul Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm

The door was opened, and out sprang his two daughters. His eyes widened, he could barely recognize them, they seemed to have nearly doubled in size since when he left. No longer scooting around, they now ran with strong legs.

Following close behind them was Zuri; she, seemingly, was unchanged, if not more beautiful than he had remembered her. The fear and dark thoughts drifted away as they came up to greet him. Once they were near, he was quick to get off of Geist and crouch down to allow Zelda and Zansa to lick at his face, Meine Töchter! Look how much you’ve grown! And then, standing up, he slipped a hand around Zuri’s waste, drawing her close as she welcomed him.

Baelish buried his face into her long hair, refreshing his memory of her scent; milk, bats, roses… home. He pulled away and gave her a gentle kiss, My love, remind me to never stray so far from home again. he said with a grin. Though a tired grin.

Now that he was dismounted, he felt exhaustion fall upon him like a thick blanket. Zelda and Zansa stilled yapped at his feet, and he bent down to pick both pups up in his arms, My sweet flowers, how I’ve missed you all. And then, he gave a long, wide-mawed yawn. Giving them all a hug once more, he let the two girls go, Once I put my horse up I will join you inside, I have presents!

OOC[000]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

POSTED: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 pm

[+300] • OOC Text

His eyes had moved to their children first, and this was just what she would expected him to do. It had been so long since he had left his little family behind, and he had not been able to be around to watch his daughters grow up from the infants they were to the little puppies that came rushing towards him. Both of them had been chanting out, "Daddy" as they moved closer and closer.

Both of them were smart enough to keep their mother's warning in mind, slowing down as they came closer to the horse as well. Zuri wasn't too far behind, moving over to Geist to take a gentle hold of the reins just in case something were to happen.

Crimson gaze followed her husband as he made his way down from the horse's back, moving down towards the ground before being attacked by the licks of his daughters. She could see the happiness that ran across his face. It wasn't long before he had pulled himself up, making his way over to his wife. Though still keeping hold of the reins, her free arm wrapped around Baelish, leaning to give him a gentle lick on the cheek, "In our line of work, that's going to be very hard, but I'll remind you not to stay away nearly as long."

A fair compromise.

Both of the girls were so happy, but their smiles soon faded at the mention of having to put his horse up before coming inside. Kneeling down to their level, their mother gave a small yip to get their attention, "He won't be gone long, and we can wait outside for him to come back. How does that sound?" Both of them nodded, tails wagging as they both made their way to the porch. Offering the reins back, the pale woman too made her way there, but turned her head over her shoulder, "I've got a gift for you as well. Don't be too long."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

POSTED: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:23 pm

He didn’t realize it until their mother sent them away to meet them in thier home that they had been talking.

He looked as his wife in shock, but she was quick to offer him a tease, and also an out, to put away his horse in private.

When Zuri joined his daughters, once they were out of earshot, he turned away to take Geist to the pen. His body shuddered, his breath came in gasps, as he let his horse free into the confines of the small stable. What had he missed? His daughters could now speak, and he had not been there. His wife had raised their children without him. What a fool he had been; the trinkets he had gathered during his time away were not nearly worth the cost.

He took his time removing the packs and saddle from horse, placing them back in their respectful places, and giving Geist from fresh hay to eat. He patted the beast on the nose in gratitude, before gathering his gifts and exiting to join his family.

Already he was feeling better; still tired, but not on the verge of a breakdown. The gifts he had procured for his family were beautiful, but now, he doubted their weight. With a heavy heart… a guilty heart, he approached his home and opened the door.

Inside was just as he had remembered, for the most part. Warm; a fire glowing in the hearth. The birthing box he had built had been taken down, and for good reason; the girls looked nearly grown in the house. He smiled as he entered, his girl’s coming to nip at his feet shouting ‘Daddy!’ all too clearly. Baelish now saw Zelda and Zansa as individuals, as opposed to novelties. It hurt.

Still, he managed to crouch onto the floor, My dear daughters. He said, pulling a wrapped pouch from his cloak. He unwrapped it in his hands, and fiery gaze turned upward to his wife, And Zuri. He said with a smile, I had these made for each of you with the utmost care. I hope you enjoy them.

Revealed were three hair combs; one with an ornate red rose formed out of jewels; another, a white lily, and a third, a sunflower. All Luperci made, and delicate. Baelish stood and placed the rose comb in behind Zuri’s ear, gazing at her wordlessly.

OOC[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

POSTED: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 pm

[+300] • There weren't any specifics on the tunics so feel free to go with it.

Zuri had stood where she was for a moment, watching over her shoulder as she watched her husband take the reins back into his hands and make his way from where he was in the middle of the road towards the stables. The smile along her muzzle grew as she went to join their daughters on the porch. She had taken a seat at her front porch, the girls having waited by the steps to their front door.

Both of them were bouncing with excitement. There was no way the mother would be able to keep them from running up to him again once he had come back from putting Geist up. Her own gaze focused back down on the road, waiting patiently for his return.

And it wasn't long before he had.

Baelish came back down along the road, Zelda and Zansa having bounded to his feet once again. Now there was nothing around to stop them from using all their energy. The pale woman kept to her seat, wanting their father to be able to have some time in the company of their children rather than all three of them. He had missed so much in his time away, and she was not going to rob him of trying to catch up for lost time.

Eventually, the four of them had made their way back inside the home. Not much had changed in the time that he was gone, save for the fur lined corner's walls to have been broken down. Zuri came to join her husband as he knelt down, pulling out something from his cloak. He had produced three combs, one for each of their daughters and one for her. He placed the comb meant for her in her hair. Her eyes softened, gazing back at him.

Brushing one hand gently against his cheek, she brushed past him, "Wait here one moment."

She had moved to the back room where they kept their trade goods, soon coming out with a small stack in her hands. There were two nicely made tunics and a new set of pants. She offered them out to him, "There was a seemstress in the area recently, and got these for you. I thought you would like them."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

POSTED: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:55 pm

His daughters’ eyes grew wide when he procured the gifts, "Shiny!" Zansa said, and Zelda came to nudge him gently on the knee with her head, "Thanks papa." she said, her strawberry eyes wide as saucers.

Of course they would not be able to wear them yet, not until they shifted. He wondered what they would look like then… how he would feel like then. They were a perfect combination of himself and their mother, but he was sure Zuri’s beauty would shine through once they could stand on two legs. Baelish revered that day, but also feared its coming. Couldn’t everything just stay perfect, like this, forever?

His wife, touched him gently on the cheek and then went to retrieve a gift for him. She returned with a stack of clothing, neatly folded. He took them from her when offered, and unfolded each in turn as she explained that she had had them made for him by a seamstress. The pants were of good quality, and a dark gray; one tunic was also muted in color and of a rough material; it would be good for travel. But the second tunic was dyed a dark blue, and had inlaid silver strands woven in, Zuri, He began, sliding a thumb-pad across the organic design, this is meant for a prince. He looked up at her, his eyes shining.

Zansa then jumped up against his arm, startling him "Play, papa!" She demanded, her tuft of a tail fluttering behind her like a butterfly’s wing. He grinned and leaned down to nuzzle and nip at her, I promise to play later, Liebchen. But papa’s very tired from his journey. His voice dipped low, seemingly as if it too was falling asleep.

OOC[+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 pm

[+300] • OOC Text

Crimson gaze moved down to the girls as they were each presented with combs of their own. Each one was meant to match the female that was wearing them, and he knew all too well what his wife's favorite flower was. The roses of the gardens in her home had grown beautifully, and were something she had found adorning herself with. Perhaps in time, there would be flowers around their own home. She had the materials, just not the knowledge on bringing them to life.

There was no worry with Zuri when she had presented the gift to her husband. Baelish had his own set style, and being a man with a flirtatious nature, she could only see him wearing these kinds of clothes. His hands moved over them as much as his eyes, until he finally turned to her. His smile grew big, but claimed these were meant for a prince.

The pale woman couldn't help but smile more, "Well, if I am at all still a princess then I guess that would make you my prince wouldn't it?" Her eyes turned down to Zansa and Zelda, "I had considered getting them something when I came across her, but didn't know what would be best for them. Better to wait for when they are older for clothing, so I thought you would enjoy something new."

The darker child couldn't help but pout a bit when her father had not listened to her demand for playing, but her golden sister had pounced on her instead, turning her attention away from Baelish to focus more on the play fighting that came after. Zuri stepped over to him, bringing herself down to his level as the two of them watched their daughters toss around, "Truly, welcome home Baelish."

"Why don't we get you to bed then? Maybe you can tell me more about your adventures."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena

Dead Topics