I Got This Feeling On A Summer Day

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:40 pm

OOC: Foredated to July 5th. Midday. Bluegrass. AW for one! (Drakehund II thread.) WC: 319 +10, use co-rank in a thread

IC: It was a warm day. But not stifling like it could get back where Sedona was from in Arizona. Here in Mistfell, the weather was much much cooler and far rainier than she was accustomed to, but after months of living in the Vale, the Whitesage woman had learned to adapt to the conditions. Today, Sedona was back at her role of Constructor after a couple days' break after the completion of the Rum Bridge. Work never was done around the Vale to Sedona. If she wasn't busy doing something she would get too restless.

At this time, she was out in the swaying greenery of the Bluegrass territory. With a cart and one of the pack's communal horses, Bub, attached to it, she was busy using a newly traded hand scythe instrument that hand been added to the Vale inventory to cut the tall grasses. Harvesting the abundant resource was needed for Sedona to create thatch for all the roof repairs she had left to do in Winterwynd. Falcon's house was her priority now the she wasn't wrapped up with the bridge project. She had a few days of clear weather and was nearly finished patching his roof. The poor fellow had the worst leaks she'd seen yet. But no more. Sedona's expertise had taken care of that.

Smiling softly to herself, breathing heavily the coydog wielded the bladed weapon with a certain concentrated fury. She was dedicated to her work. It was hard to get her to slow down and take breaks. The cut grass would be gathered and bundled then added to the cart. Rubbing her brow beneath her hat the cowgirl took a second to glance over at Bub who was happily cropping away at the already shortened grasses. Chuckling, she returned to her work, making sure to keep her sickle swings clear of the loops of rope tied to the belt around her waist.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Atop Fantasy, Ezra broke from his usual route of working the horses for something a little different. A new trail to ride to spice up the days that were riddled with routine. Work the horses, work the fiber, work the church, rest, eat, sleep and repeat the next day. While his life was learning how to settle, his workload was high, but without anything new to present himself with, he felt his spirit becoming weary.

The fresh grasses that swayed in the summer breeze as the wind tore through him. Snapping fabric billowed in the heavy surge of power from the draft mare, and the cords that tied off his pants rattled against his calves. Edging forward on Fantasy's bare back, fingers tangled in her mane, his entire body leaned into the warm breeze that rushed wildly around him. Everything in his world, though not perfect, was right, and there wasn't a thing more he could want.

The blur of the world passing by and the pounding of his heart erupted in a brilliant laugh as Fantasy charged on. He always felt young again atop a horse. Fantasy knew just the way to clear his head from the little problems and remind him that there was nothing to worry about. Not now, not ever, as long as he and his family were together.

Finally, Fantasy's flaring nares called back to him. The indigo mare was aged enough for a little more care in her to be taken, and Ezra called her to slow. The sweat that built on her body rolled down her strong legs dribbled to the ground as her hooves found a trot as their beat, and Ezra's marbled gaze reached up and over the grasses to find the tawny woman, cart and horse that took up place there. With a whistle, Fantasy turned her coarse and they made their way to break routine a little bit more that day.

“Hello, my lady,” He called out over the noise of hooves, until he'd reached near enough to speak normally, yet still out of scythe reach,” What kind of project has you out today collecting tall grass?” His smile bright, his voice cheery, and his eyes had the inkling of an idea in them. If she didn't want to be bothered, he'd leave her be, but he couldn't deny his nature. He wanted to help, if he could, no matter what it might take to do so.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark
Luperci Paper Miller I Mate to Fiora Jordheim They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:10 pm

OOC: Thank you for grabbing this! <3 WC: 404

IC: The thundering of hoof beats alerted Sedona to the approach of her company. Ears perking, she lifted her head and looked about towards the sound and spied the large equine and its rider atop, slowing as they made their way to her through the flowing uncut grasses and around the cart and Bub. "Hello, my lady!" The rider called out to her cheerfully and the Whitesage woman wagged her tail waving a paw in greeting, chuckling between panting, shaking her head at the formality. "M'lady?" She grinned once he was within earshot. "It's Sedona!" She laughed. "Just Sedona." "What kind of project has you out today collecting tall grass?" He inquired and the Whitesage woman looked around at all her work thus far then back up at the tall black and white male. She smiled at his beautiful mare as well. She recognized the man (and his horse) from around the Vale. He and his lovely wife occupied the small Wyvern church. And if she was right she recalled him by name. "Ezra ain't it?" She slightly tipped her head. "I'm gatherin' the grass to use for thatch on some of the lesser damaged houses in Winterwynd. This stuff's hardy like wheat, so it works wonderfully." She nodded and then hooked the sickle around a loop on her belt.

"What can I do for ya all the way out here?" She then asked, removing her hat, shaking out her hair and replacing it. "Don't normally see ya so far off the beaten path." She commented, gently reaching out to pat the nose of the large mare whom was curiously sniffing at her. "Though, you and Fantasy seem to be enjoyin' yerselves." She wagged her tail. Sedona tried her best to break her routine as much as possible. Every day was a new day full of adventure and new opportunities. And speaking of such opportunities, while she had a lot of work to do yet before the day was out, Sedona she didn't mind a good chat. Theses little moments were good for the coydog. These were her breaks. And her chances to get to know her packmates. Even though she always felt like she needed to keep moving while she spoke, a lot of folks couldn't keep up with her pace and talk at the same time. She was used to having to curb the enthusiasm for her work while she entertained a conversation.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:33 am

[[Np! :3]]

To her response, he couldn't help but chuckle,” Sedona, it shall be,” Tune curled with mirth slipped from his maw as he reached on leg over Fantasy's shoulder and slipped to the ground. Landing on one foot had long since become a breeze, though his aging body did protest in the knees. The sting wasn't enough to sour his mood nor even turn his face from anything other than the happiness he offered Sedona at their official first meeting.

"You are right!” A nod jostled the already tousled black locks atop his crown,” Ezra Vahn, and Fantasy,” He turned half back to pat the indigo mare that drew her nose to the earth for a snack.

To her explanation of her task, Ezra seemed delighted. He'd never thought of thatch particularly, his previous homes either previously made, or nothing more than a mound,” Well, that is fascinating, isn't it? And what a delightful thing to do for the Vale,” The encouragement likely wasn't needed, but Ezra couldn't help but already find respect in the woman as she did this work for others. He'd cut hay before, and if this was anything like that, then there was a great deal of work in store for her.

Finding more interest now in Sedona than the chopped grasses at her feathered hooves, Fantasy moved around Ezra and started wafting in the alien scent of the woman. With a hand offered, the roan equine pushed her muzzle into her hand, essentially, begging for far more pets than Sedona might had initially offered to give. The poet grinned at her friendliness. Fantasy was always a delight.

Marbled gaze matched Sedona's, a hand finding the back of his head as he sheepishly grinned,” Ah yes,” A chuckle lit up his charming tune,” I've found myself a bit of a work load once I settled within the Vale. Its seems I've come to a point where I've found free moments here and there to enjoy thanks to my loving mate, and family, and enjoy we have. A plethora of horses, sheep, pigeons, cats, gardens and projects. I've been too busy a man to escape it until lately,” He certainly had his family's help, and as they grew better at the chores that were new to them, Ezra found himself tasked with less.

He never did good with idle hands, either way.

“I would like to ask,” Tilting his head, he looked over the area she worked before finding her, again,” May I help you? I'd love to put my hands to use for the Vale,” Hands pressed to his hips as he chuckled,” You've inspired me!”

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark

POSTED: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait! WC: 594

IC: Upon first impression, Sedona found Ezra's cheery personality quite to her liking. It was much like her own and it made her smile more than she could help. He was quite a bit taller than her so she had to look up at him, but other than that, she found his company all around pleasant so far. It was hard to find anyone that the Whitesage woman didn't like though. She was just too friendly and kind; she brought out the best in others. "And what a delightful thing to do for the Vale." He complimented her on her work for the pack and she splayed her ears shaking her head. "Bah. It's my duty as part of this pack. I ain't doin' nothin' that I wouldn't do back home on my ranch to keep it maintained, safe and runnin' smoothly." She said, but she stood a little straighter with pride regardless.

Wagging her tail and laughing as the large mare headbutted against her paw, insisting upon more affection, Sedona leaned forward and kissed the equine's muzzle and ruffled her forelock lovingly. "Fantasy and I have been getting to know each other since you arrived in the Vale. I work the stables every morning, and my mate works them in the evenings usually." She told him with a grin. "So she and I ain't exactly total strangers." She patted the beautiful roan on her neck before returning her focus to the conversation.

It seemed her observation was correct when it came to Ezra's recent comings and goings. He explained to her how busy he'd been but how he'd finally gotten some free time thanks to the help of his family. That brought a warm feeling to the tan woman's heart. In that moment she once more found herself wondering what it would be like to have pups and extend her own family. But then she thought about Sineria and how naive he still was, and insecure, and how much she herself wasn't ready to settle down and commit to the full time responsibility of children like Saga and Ragna and Yvonne... The thoughts passed quickly and she nodded. "Well I am glad you're able to get out more. There's so much more to Mistfell Vale than Winterwynd." She winked, gesturing her arms wide, indicating the full territory.

A slight breeze picked up, kicking up some of the loose grasses around their feet and swirling it about. Sedona squinted up at the sun, judging the time as Ezra then asked to assist her with her task. "May I help you? I'd love to put my hands to use for the Vale. You've inspired me!" Sedona's eyes brightened and she chuckled. "Well I ain't one t'say no to an able bodied assistant. And the company's always nice too!" She wagged her tail and unlooped the rope from her belt, handing it off to the black and white male. "The grass I've already cut, I need to get bundled up 'n tied off like the ones I've already done in the cart there." She pointed to where Bub oh so patiently waited, attached to the cart, watching the other horse and rider with a lazy curiosity from his place at a distance. Sedona had already gathered about three rolled bales of grass and set them long ways in the cart. Looking back to her new found friend she tipped her head. "Think ya can handle that while I keep cuttin'?" They still had a lot of work to do and the sooner they got started the better.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 am

[[Worth the wait! :D I love your post!]]

Sedona proved a humble nature as she disclaimed her hard work at the expense of something that should be done. While she certainly was right, there was plenty to merit in the task she performed. After all, it could be someone else who dirtied their hands. The pride in her work showed, however, and it only brought Ezra more enthusiasm.

Fantasy's eyes lit up with the smooch, and she turned her nose to the hybrid, her lips wiggling around looking for another one. Happy noises erupted in the mare's nostrils as Sedona tangled fingers through her mane, Fantasy bobbing her head up and down and nosing at her shoulder. She clearly wanted to play, giving not a single care that there was work to be done. Ezra trailed long digits on her neck, nails scratching lovingly at the roan hairs,” So it seems!” He couldn't help but let the laugh part his pallid maw. Fantasy's silliness always brought him joy.

“Thank you, Sedona,” He minded her request and adjusted to it, resisting to preface her name with the noble term she was so worthy of,” I truly cannot wait to see every inch of this beautiful place, and be a part of if all. As of now, I feel I simply just bare witness to it, but I know in time that will change,” His features didn't sour at the thought. He knew it was his responsibility to make himself a name in The Vale, and he knew he'd make them proud.

Her eyes were alight with the idea that she had an extra set of hands to help her. Ezra's grin broadened, wide and delighted, marbled gaze watching as her instructions were delivered to him,” Without qualm!” He started off with a bit of a hop in his step. It was a faster task to chop than bundle and as she already had quite the pile started, he had to get to work if he was going to catch up. First thing, he knelt to the ground and took up several blades of the bluegrass and started working to braid them together in steps,” So, you've worked the stables, you've said?” He inquired, deft hands working without so much as the need for his eyes to follow them. It was a second nature, braiding the blades together as a curious eye aimed at her,” How long have you been working with horses?”

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark

Dead Topics