Together We Ride

Sineria

POSTED: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay starting this for us! The house, then the stables, early morning. Counts towards Sedona's Gamekeeper co-rank. WC: 503 +10, use co-rank in a thread

IC: She'd risen early for the first time in the last week. It felt both good and yet strange at the same time to sleep in while Sineria tended to the horses in the mornings and she instead took the evening shift. The two had swapped shifts temporarily so that the tan Gampekeeper could get some rest in after all her hard work the past couple months on the Rum Bridge. She'd still not taken many breaks since, and any time anyone, be that friend or her mate, could convince her to take some personal time was a miracle.

Today however, Sedona felt well rested and rose before the sun as she was more used to and roused her mate as well. "Love?" She nuzzled him and gently kissed his cheek. "I'm taking the morning shift today. Meet me there in a couple hours?" She smiled and wagged her tail. "I've got a surprise for ya." She told him with a warm excitement before moving to grab her hat and bandanna from the nail by the front door. "Just don't show up too early or I won't be ready, alright?" She said to the sleepy white male with a chuckle. Tying the red fabric about her neck and placing the dusty hat upon her head, the Whitesage woman gave one last glance back to the stirring white figure of her mate in the other room before departing and heading for the stables.

___

Finishing mucking the last stall, Sedona shook the few strands of hay from her fur and readjusted her hat as she exited the stall she'd been working in, making sure to latch it firmly so the horse within wouldn't be able to get free. Returning the pitchfork to its place against the far wall, Sedona crossed the stables to where Sineria's colt, Yavapai was. Smiling at the young horse she held out held paw to the equine allowing him to smell her before she moved into his stall and began to halter him. The colt snorted but accepted the headgear pawing the ground eager to be taken out for he recognized which halter Sedona had put on him. She'd been working with him in the evenings the past month to get him used to basic riding and riding commands. The soon to be stallion was a natural and it was time that Sineria and Yavapai rode together and bonded. Pai was now Sineria's after all. Part of having horse was learning to ride, in the Whitesage woman's view.

Patting his shoulder, Sedona lead the young horse out to the back of the barn and towards a small pasture off the side of the main corral where the rest of the pack's horses were turned out grazing. Bringing him inside the gated pasture, she then tied him off to the fence post and murmured something reassuring of her return in low speech before turning to retrieve a riding blanket. She expected her mate to arrive any moment and wanted to be prepared...
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:44 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, I know delays have been a trend with me lately, but I've been prepping for college and I'm finally moved in.)

Sineria made his way out to the stables after he finally got himself up out of bed. He was about half-asleep when he heard the message from his mate in their bed, and he didn't exactly comprehend most of it. Something about her going to do her shift, and then something about later was all that he could comprehend in his dazed trance. He was so glad that Sedona was back from Rum Bridge and back to her usual duties at the stables, but that isn't to say that there wasn't a toll on himself from the whole ordeal. For one Sineria's sleep schedule was all messed up, but maybe that was for the better with the typical lifestyle of waking up at the crack of dawn. Another was that he was always sore from everyday when he worked hard from dawn until dusk. Still, if there was any silver lining in Sineria's mind about all of this was that it made Sedona happy, and he felt like he contributed much more to the pack now.

As the white male walked towards the stables he paused and stopped in his tracks for a moment, and curiously stared at Sedona as she took Yavapai out to the pasture. Sineria tilted his head at this and thought to himself,"What's she up to now?"

As the male approached Sedona and called out to her,"Hey Sedona!" Then he waved to her as he smiled and wagged his tail, however that stopped when he again looked to Yavapai and tilted his head once more at the gear that he was wearing. "Um... w-what's going o-on?" He whimpered then he facepalmed and thought,"Dang it, I thought I finally got over stuttering around her."

Word count: 308
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:53 pm

OOC: Don't worry about it! We all have IRL responsibilities that come first before 'Souls! <3 WC: +2

IC: "Hey Sedona!" The sound of her mate's call nearly startled her as she walked back to Yavapai's side with the colorful riding blanket. Turning and grinning, she waved Sineria over. "C'mon over, baby!" Sedona called back happily, her tail flagged and wagging. It was always a joy to see her mate, and it always warmed her heart to know she was about to introduce him to something new. As he approached, she chuckled softly to herself and moved to allow Yavapai to sniff at the blanket before draping it over his back.

The equine shuddered a moment, but ultimately accepted the garment without complaint. He'd come a long ways with Sedona and Sineria's working side by side with him. Although still skittish about new things, it was all about repeated exposure to get him used to said things he was fearful of. Mostly male luperci and stallions. But with time, the colt was growing into a more confident young stallion himself. It showed in Sineria too in his lessened stutter as his own confidence grew. But as he stopped in front of her, a slight stutter came into his voice as he asked what she had in mind.

Turning back to her mate the tan coydog smiled. "Today, yer gonna get up on a horse 'n learn to ride." She said with a confident wag of her tail, rubbing Yavapai's neck. "He's ready, and I think ya are too." She beamed at her beloved with a reassuring murr in her chest. It was times like these that the cowgirls overwhelming enthusiasm usually got the better of him and he would gather his nerve and give her idea a go. She hoped this time would be the same.

POSTED: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:33 pm

"Wait, what?!” Ran through the white furred male's mind as he forced a smile and tried to hide his nervousness. "Oh really?" Sineria said as he tried to keep the act up that he was confident,"Oh boy... Sin, you’re gonna really have to adjust to this...” He then paused and looked to his colt, and approached him and gently pet him on the muzzle. Then as Sineria looked to the saddle on the horse he seemed to come to a standstill on what to do, and he tilted his head as he wondered how Sedona managed to do this. ”U-Uh... w-what n-now, babe?" Sineria asked then sighed and thought,"God, I’m cracking, and certainly not used to this... how does she do it?"

Sineria wasn't sure if he even was ready for this, sure he watched Sedona train with Yavapai, and he watched her work with other horses too. He had never ridden a horse, he knew that he probably needed to do so someday, but he certainly didn’t think that it would be THIS soon for him to try this. That being said, he trusted and loved his mate unconditionally, so he had faith in what he was about to do, or at least if she had faith in his capabilities alongside her. He was always a nervous wreck, and he wanted to change that, not only for her but himself, for others in the pack, he wanted to be useful.

WC: 261
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 pm

WC: +3

Having the skill of being able to work with and especially ride a horse was of particular usefulness especially when it came to helping around the pack. Horses were great for labor as well as scouting and for battle should the need arise. If Sineria could master riding his horse, why, Sedona and him could even go for leisurely rides through the Vale just for fun together. It was something Sedona dreamed of doing someday with her mate, and she knew that with enough practice and continued reassurance form her, he'd get it down and be able to at least follow her at a trot.

He came up to Yavapai and began stroking his nose and the Whitesage woman could tell he was doing his best to quell his nerves. She was very proud of him for taking on this new situation in stride. It wasn't easy, she knew, to always handle her surprises and little pushes to do new things. But Sedona also knew Sineria was getting more and more confident with each new experience, and if she could keep that progress up, all of it was worth it to her. As the white male looked over the tack the colt was wearing, Sedona chuckled as his stutter got the best of him. "U-Uh... w-what n-now, babe?"

Wagging her tail, Sedona bent over and cupped her two paws together, locking her fingers in place, creating a makeshift step out of her hands for him to use to hop up onto the young equine's back. "Now, ya put yer left foot in my paws, and swing yer right leg over his back to mount him. Brace your paws on his withers and his back, he's not goin' anywhere." She smiled up at him from her stooped position. "Do you trust me?" She perked her ears. "Y'can do this Sineria." She encouraged him with her sparkling, kind, green-yellow eyes fixated adoringly upon him.

POSTED: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Sineria nodded to his mate, and put his paw into the arms of his partner and flung himself up. However, it was very apparent that he had never ever doe this before, and he ended up putting too much strength into his jump. He threw himself clearly over Yavapai and hit the ground on the other side and whimpered,"Ow.... c-can I get a little h-help S-Sedona?" He slowly got back up to his feet as his colt looked at him and let out a huff, and Sineria sighed as Pai did this and face-palmed. "Geez, even Pai is thinking I'm a dork isn't he?" He thought to himself as he brushed the dirt off of his fur and walked over to his wife to make a second attempt at this.

As he walked up to her again, Sineria had a big smile on his face and laughed,"S-Still new, a-as always hun," He chuckled sort of awkwardly and made another attempt to mount Pai. As he planted his foot firmly in the palms of Sedona's hands he managed to get up onto his horse without falling off. He did all of the steps Sedona had instructed him to do from before and smiled at her and said,"I-I got it... this time... I-I hope..." He then looked down at Yavapai and pet him on the neck, and looked to his lovely mate for further instruction.

WC: 255
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm

WC: +4

Bracing herself for his full weight, Sedona smiled encouragingly at her mate as he place his foot in her palm. On the count of three he propelled himself up and forward. But with far too much effort. Sineria went sailing right over Yavapai's other side and landed in a heap on the ground. "Oh my-- Love! Are you alright!?" Sedona exclaimed and rushed around to check on her beloved.

She had to stifle a small laugh at the sight of him. It was so...typical of him. Ever the klutz. She grinned and held out a paw for him to take to help him up, tail wagging. With nothing but affection and maybe a little amusement in her eyes she helped him brush off the dirt and hay from his white fur. "Believe it or not, I did just about the same thing myself my first time." She giggled. "'Except I ended up facin' the wrong direction on Hopi." She shook her head.

As they crossed back around in front of Yavapai the horse snorted indignantly and Sedona rolled her eyes. "Give 'im a break." She playfully poked the nose of the colt as she passed and he wiggled his lips in response. Thankfully this incident seemed only to serve as away to embolden her mate for Sin smiled broadly and was eager to try again. "S-Still new, a-as always hun." She nodded. "Not for much longer baby." She winked and then bent again for him to step into her paw. He did so and this time mounted Yavapai flawlessly.

The colt jumped a little at the sudden extra weight, but merely sighed again, glancing back at the two luperci, wondering what they had in store for him. Wagging her tail happily Sedona handed Sineria the reins and took up the lead rope attached to the halter Pai wore. "Now, I'm gonna have him on lead while I teach ya how to steer him with yer legs and get a feel for ridin' alright?" She explained. "Put yer feet in the stirrups like that. Yeah. And, whenever yer ready, gently squeeze your heels into his flanks and cluck your tongue, he'll start walking forward." She smiled. "I'll be right here next t'ya. Ya hang onto this pommel here on the saddle and with yer legs around his sides." She continued, showing him everything and touching his leg and squeezing her paw against them to give the impression of applying pressure to the horse's side. "Whenever yer ready love." She grinned up at him encouragingly.

POSTED: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Sineria gulped as he did everything that his mate instructed him, and as she held his hand he smiled and looked into those glimmering emeralds she called eyes. ”Okay, I-I trust you,” He said to her, with a slight bit of confidence in his tone despite his nerves. The white furred male looked down at the colt with that same nervousness he had before, unsure of how this might even go with Pai. The colt always liked mares and females better than males, but he opened up to Sineria for some reason that was still beyond him. The colt still was uneasy when he was around other males and stallions, and this sent Sineria mixed messages on whether he fully trusted the young colt in training.

”I-I....” Sineria gulped then just focused on his lovely mate who had faith in him more than anyone else he met and sighed,”Nevermind, l-let’s go...” He held onto Yavapai and signaled the horse to start moving forward, and held Sedona’s hand tightly. He hoped that the colt would at least be gentle to him after all of this time, and Sineria prayed that Sedona taught him well enough to at least be calm with someone on his back. ”Let’s s-see how this goes then.”

WC: 226
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 pm

WC: +2

It seem more and more to the Gamekeeper that it wouldn't be Yavapai she'd need to worry most about, but Sineria. The young horse was doing spectacularly, holding his ground, being very calm and non-skittish, accepting the experience with an interested but mostly casual looking on. Her mate on the other hand, was a barely contained nervous wreck. She could only do so much to encourage him and soothe his nerves high up on the equine's back. She held his hand and stroked his knee, smiling up at him.

"I trust you, baby. And you should trust in yourself too." She said and stepped back a bit as she signalled Pai to move, and sure enough at the trained queue, the young stallion began to walk forward at a steady pace. It was one Sedona could easily keep up with right along side her mate at so he wouldn't feel too uneasy. Using the reign, she directed the horse to stay near the rails should something happen, Sineria could hop off quickly.

"How's it feel hon? You look great up on a horse like this. A real natural cowboy!" She said happily and chuckled. Yavapai snorted lazily, meandering his rider about atop him, going through the motions, listening and awaiting more instruction either from the wolf upon his back or the coydog beside him. Once Sin was comfortable at just this easy walk, Sedona would have him pick up the pace.

POSTED: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:23 pm

”F-Feels... F-Feels...” He gulped as the horse picked things up to a light trotting pace,”H-How cast a-are we gonna go?” Sineria felt nervous as the speed picked up, he couldn’t imagine what Yavapai would be like going at a full sprint with Sineria on his back. What would happen if Sineria happened to fall of the back of his colt when he was at full speed? Would Yavapai just run off into the wild free, or would he simply circle back towards his rider. What if something scared Yavapai and caused him to buck up and knock Sineria off of him, or if Yavapai were to suddenly trip and fall with Sineria on his back? These questions only made Sineria sick the more he thought about them, and he held his head feeling overwhelmed a bit by those thoughts.

But then he thought of the comforting words of his mate and he managed to calm himself down. She believed in him and he knew it, and he told himself it wasn’t as hard as he thought it was. If that all wasn’t true then he wouldn’t be out here riding on a horse right now, right? Sedona must think so because this was her idea after all, and for the most part it was working wonderfully. ”I-I feel... f-feel...” the white wolf stammered as he got used to the movement on the horse’s back,”S-Sort of... n-new still... b-but good!” He have a smile to his wife out of reassurance and happiness. He even looked over at his mate and ignored what was in front of the young colt, probably to his detriment.

Word count: 296
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

Dead Topics